ADVERTISEMENT

Frost's 5th Year Team is the Worst

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
This is an entirely Frost team from top to bottom. The first year or two there is some level of lenience in rebuilding with a bare cupboard. But this was his team, his recruits, his scheme, his transfers, his coaches. The whole thing is just terrible. Is this defense the worst in NU history? I really think it is.

No more Nebraska guys nepotism. Go pay top dollar for the best coach out there, including poaching one from a top program. For me, Urban Meyer is target one. No middling coaches, no coordinators. Get someone that can and has proven to know what they are doing and is a winner.

This is an entirely Frost team from top to bottom. The first year or two there is some level of lenience in rebuilding with a bare cupboard. But this was his team, his recruits, his scheme, his transfers, his coaches. The whole thing is just terrible. Is this defense the worst in NU history? I really think it is.

No more Nebraska guys nepotism. Go pay top dollar for the best coach out there, including poaching one from a top program. For me, Urban Meyer is target one. No middling coaches, no coordinators. Get someone that can and has proven to know what they are doing and is a winner.
No doubt. Complete rebuild at this point. I was hoping for Mickey, but this is out of his reach unfortunately...

If we are going to pay top dollar offer 15 million to Saban. Start at the best then Urban then Swinney and then so on.
The extra 5 million isn't going to pull a Saban or Swinney orr Lincoln Riley, etc. Urban Meyer is gettable in my opinion unless Trev lowballs for some BS reason. A lot of this comes down to making sure to give the next control and keep the external BS far away.

Go out on a ledge- he is not a program builder!!! Riley was a much better coach

Urban isnt coming here. How many different ways and times do people need to hear it?

Reactions: drubendall
The extra 5 million isn't going to pull a Saban or Swinney orr Lincoln Riley, etc. Urban Meyer is gettable in my opinion unless Trev lowballs for some BS reason. A lot of this comes down to making sure to give the next control and keep the external BS far away.
Then offer what it takes to get them to listen. And I agree w you

No doubt. Complete rebuild at this point. I was hoping for Mickey, but this is out of his reach unfortunately...
We won't win another game this yr. Sorriest bunch I have ever witnessed on the field, and I've seen plenty!

We thought the cupboard was bare when Frost first got here. It wasn't that bad.

Loved your 2nd paragraph.

Reactions: 10Trvln
The coaches and the kids just aren't putting in enough work. It will take many more years for any good results. Nebraska is a joke.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Frost is a POS I hope to never see again. He never took this program seriously and made millions. What a thief. TO should be embarrassed for what a joke Frost was. I feel bad for MJ that he has to audition with a joke of a program Frost built. I hope Frosty is never in Memorial Stadium again. They literally look like a DIII l..... Smh

Frost is a POS I hope to never see again. He never took this program seriously and made millions. What a thief. TO should be embarrassed for what a joke Frost was. I feel bad for MJ that he has to audition with a joke of a program Frost built. I hope Frosty is never in Memorial Stadium again. They literally look like a DIII l..... Smh
T.O. has nothing to do with Frost sucking. No finger pointing, its all Frost .

Reactions: scarletred
I feel confident in saying this is the worst defense I've ever seen at Nebraska. Like I posted earlier, is there a single standout player on the defense this year that you can say has been a positive contributor to this point in the season? 2007 had multiple future NFL players. 2017 had the Davis twins, JoJo and Lamar Jackson. The collective units sucked but there were some talented young guys on that defense. This year's defense lacks even individual positive contributors.

Did I say this is TO fault? Maybe read a bit better? I feel bad for TO. You could tell the pride he took in Frost being hired. And Frost shit all over it.

Frost causing me to drink. Guess I’ll meet him at the bar?

What’s his hang out? Gate 25?

I agree with everything in your post except that leniency is the exact thing that got us to this point with a 5th year head coach.

Yep, he seriously banked some cash for half-assing it for years. It's just disgusting seeing the program struggle in so many ways. Only the most experienced and successful D1 coaches should be considered for the job.

I feel confident in saying this is the worst defense I've ever seen at Nebraska. Like I posted earlier, is there a single standout player on the defense this year that you can say has been a positive contributor to this point in the season? 2007 had multiple future NFL players. 2017 had the Davis twins, JoJo and Lamar Jackson. The collective units sucked but there were some talented young guys on that defense. This year's defense lacks even individual positive contributors.
This Defense shows nothing. The announcers are calling them out for not even knowing how to line up. Chinander may be the very worse DC I’ve ever seen.

If we are going to pay top dollar offer 15 million to Saban. Start at the best then Urban then Swinney and then so on.
As if any legit coach wants to come to spend their life on a plane recruiting. Coaches or recruiters come here 2 or 3 years to check the box of working at a “big school”. They ain’t staying. Too hard to win here. They have family and lives.

As if any legit coach wants to come to spend their life on a plane recruiting. Coaches or recruiters come here 2 or 3 years to check the box of working at a “big school”. They ain’t staying. Too hard to win here. They have family and lives.
Here we go with the "can't recruit to Nebraska " bullshit again.

Last edited:
I liked when they showed the graphic of 25 years of success with TO, then the 25 years of purgatory with the pictures of 3 failures - with Frost’s picture front and center as the biggest failure of all.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I agree with everything in your post except that leniency is the exact thing that got us to this point with a 5th year head coach.
I remember watching the game against So. Alabama in 2019 and thinking this team was sorely lacking in athletes and that So. Alabama had better athletes overall. I trusted that Frost was doing a long rebuild to bring in and develop top-tier athletes across the board.
Year five and the player development is just attrocious. Worse than Riley and I didn't think that was possible. The bets athletes were brought in as transfers and they look worse than before they arrived.

I know, some of our fans are so dumb and simple. He ain't coming, move on.
People said the exact same thing about Frost, and Pelini before that. "Frost would never come here, he's going to Florida", is something that was stated constantly until he actually came here. It's just too bad he didn't actually go to Florida.

A lot of games left to show some improvement, but yeah, so far this is looking like Frost's worse team.

A sprinkling of talent here and there on offense and special teams but... wow. It's depressing.

Jfc
Obviously sarcasm isn’t allowed on the board

A lot of games left to show some improvement, but yeah, so far this is looking like Frost's worse team.

A sprinkling of talent here and there on offense and special teams but... wow. It's depressing.
Yeah I knew we would be hurting on the Dline but Wow, it's worse than I could've imagined.

ADVERTISEMENT