ADVERTISEMENT

Frost will be givin all the time he needs, to get it figured out

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
There's been much confusion since Dr. Tom left and we have gotten rid of HC's every 4 years on average and DC's & OC's every 2 years on average.
These facts do not speak to stability as we all can witness to, if we are honest with ourselves and others.
Dr. Tom during the 80's spoke on this when asked why the isu's and ksu's were in such disarray.
ksu then decided to give snyder the time to really build, and the results were a better executing football program.
We would do well to learn from Dr. toms wisdom.

I have decided frost will have 5 years to get his passing program in order, after this we will lean more to the run, if the passing is not successful (competitive in every game)
As in years past the run have been Nebraska's bread and butter.

So let us all, every man women and child understand, this is a complete rebuild after 2 decades of disarray...
Go Big Red!

I'm fine with Frost being given 10 years. The revolving door of coaches has not worked for either football nor men's basketball. Both programs have good coaches in place, and could really use some long-term stability.

Reactions: BleedRed78
There's been much confusion since Dr. Tom left and we have gotten rid of HC's every 4 years on average and DC's & OC's every 2 years on average.
These facts do not speak to stability as we all can witness to, if we are honest with ourselves and others.
Dr. Tom during the 80's spoke on this when asked why the isu's and ksu's were in such disarray.
ksu then decided to give snyder the time to really build, and the results were a better executing football program.
We would do well to learn from Dr. toms wisdom.

I have decided frost will have 5 years to get his passing program in order, after this we will lean more to the run, if the passing is not successful (competitive in every game)
As in years past the run have been Nebraska's bread and butter.

So let us all, every man women and child understand, this is a complete rebuild after 2 decades of disarray...
Go Big Red!
I agree. Frost needs time. But it shouldn’t take a decade. Schiano made a difference in GAME 1 with Rutgers yesterday. Took Urban about 2 years at all his stops to turn things around. Personally I’m giving Scott 3 more years to show good progress. If we are still sub 500 in 3 years...all bets are off.

I think everyone thinks Frost will be given five years no matter what - however, I don't think he'll get a sixth year if he has five losing seasons in a row. However, I can't roll with your analogy comparing what Scott Frost inherited at NU with what Bill Snyder inherited at Kansas State, which was easily the worst job in the Big 8 and one of the worst jobs in all of Power Conference football. According to Wikipedia, "Kansas State had a cumulative record of 299–510 (.370) in 93 years of play, which was easily the most losses of any team in Division I-A at the time. The school had been to only one bowl game (the 1982 Independence Bowl), had not won a conference title since 1934 and had enjoyed four winning seasons in the previous 44 years (including two in the previous 34 years). The program had also not won a game since October 1986, going 0–26–1 in that time." K State didn't have to wait all that long for Snyder to deliver tangible results either - they went 7-4 in Snyder's third year and starting in year five, had 8 straight seasons of 9 wins or better (which included five top 10 finishes during that period).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT