ADVERTISEMENT

Frost to Florida

Let’s see if the OWH can stop writing negative articles about frost and NU the next 3 weeks. I’ve never seen so many quotes about SF from UCF and UF fans via a OWH story. Where’s the big favorite son coming home articles? It’s like him NOT coming come gives them more website clicks.
You get tired of your alt account?

Reactions: TheNewNU
Let’s see if the OWH can stop writing negative articles about frost and NU the next 3 weeks. I’ve never seen so many quotes about SF from UCF and UF fans via a OWH story. Where’s the big favorite son coming home articles? It’s like him NOT coming come gives them more website clicks.
Local media doesn’t want to be part of the “Frost is 100% coming here” mindset so if he doesn’t come here, they aren’t blamed for misleading fans. If Frost does come, all is forgotten. JMHO.

Reactions: FrostTroll
Local media doesn’t want to be part of the “Frost is 100% coming here” mindset so if he doesn’t come here, they aren’t blamed for misleading fans. If Frost does come, all is forgotten. JMHO.

They should at least write the pro SF coming home piece to balance things out. Reading the OWH you’d think Nebraska fans just boo SF 24/7.

They should at least write the pro SF coming home piece to balance things out. Reading the OWH you’d think Nebraska fans just boo SF 24/7.
So, if Frost doesnt come to nebraska, will this be your new excuse? Will your excuse remain the same and you will blame the AD/Admin if frost doesnt WANT to come here

So, if Frost doesnt come to nebraska, will this be your new excuse? Will your excuse remain the same and you will blame the AD/Admin if frost doesnt WANT to come here

Both. Now go put your tin foil hat on and read about how freemasons control the free world (FYI my alt account name is “FreeMasonScottFrost123”).

Reactions: Can o' corn
Both. Now go put your tin foil hat on and read about how freemasons control the free world (FYI my alt account name is “FreeMasonScottFrost123”).
You realize your accusation of me makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. In what way have i demonstrated on a consistent basis, that i am any sort of conspiracy nut job as you proclaim? Because, your posting tendencies (posting exact same thing in multiple/all threads via copy and paste) and opinion match exactly to your alternate account, it wasnt a huge leap to make the connection. @YouGotSwatted! = @Geck286

And this is the exact reason I’m not hung up on Frost. I’m not claiming he’s almighty and the next God of coaches. If we get him, then awesome. Hope he’s ready for some BS. Our fans are the worst...just as well the best. If he’s not winning big by third season you will see “some” fans demanding Frost get same love Riley did. Like or not, there are some fans that still feel Riley deserves his fair shake...and he does.

This won’t happen, so I hope to God we just go out and get the biggest name, most proven and most ready NOW HC. Because that’s exactly what our Huskers need. We can’t afford another roll of the dice and pray move. We need a for sure thing this time.
Like or not, there are some fans that still feel Riley deserves his fair shake...and he does.
I am sure there are few that think Riley deserves more time and there are also some people who think the moon landing was fake

Reactions: HuskerDana
You realize your accusation of me makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. In what way have i demonstrated on a consistent basis, that i am any sort of conspiracy nut job as you proclaim? Because, your posting tendencies (posting exact same thing in multiple/all threads via copy and paste) and opinion match exactly to your alternate account, it wasnt a huge leap to make the connection. @YouGotSwatted! = @Geck286

You’re just digging yourself deeper. @Geck286? You’ve really gone off reservation.

Go put some canned food in your Armageddon bunker.

I think everyone understands the reasons why Scott Frost would come back home. It's been out there for weeks..former quarterback, from Neb, parents live here, just had a baby. It's not well-known the reasons why we could potentially stay at UCF. That's more interesting info than the info i already know.

I think everyone understands the reasons why Scott Frost would come back home. It's been out there for weeks..former quarterback, from Neb, parents live here, just had a baby. It's not well-known the reasons why we could potentially stay at UCF. That's more interesting info than the info i already know.

They should print the obvious then, b/c it’s ridiculous the OWH can be used to reinforce why SF shouldn’t come here, but can’t be used to reinforce why he should come here. They’re not even balanced about it.

The biggest separation between the two is whether Florida athletics director Scott Stricklin aims to hire a big-name coach or roll the dice on the top up-and-comer in the coaching pool. If he prefers the former, Kelly is the key No. 1. If it’s the latter, Frost will be the main target.

One coach is 9 - 12 and never coached a Power 5 program, the other after being named head coach in 2009, a role they held for four seasons. In that time, Oregon won the Pac-12 three times and played in the 2011 BCS National Championship Game. Their record in those four seasons: 46-7.

So one is a lock and the other a gamble.

Frost isn't 9 - 12 at UCF. He is 15 - 7.

Yeah but Pelini got caught trying to divide the team from the fan base instead of trying to put it all to bed with a focus on the job speech after 7 years. And if McElwain got 2 div crowns in his first 3 years it points out a few things,

1. He still had more div. Crowns than the coaches here given the time he had.

2. They aren't willing to give a coach with a winning record at least 4 years.

Riley's situation is different in that he has shown to be a .500 coach since forever. So if he's given all that you could ask for and still produces a .500 product with no needle moving signs of improvement, then its in my opinion not worth the time and money expended and to expect he'll have an epiphany in the waxing years of his career.

Riley was a poor choice to begin with, never should have got the job, and has a golden parachute on his way out of getting his shot at a resource rich environment he didn't deserve in the first place..meritocritically speaking.

Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
I've been told that Bob Stoops is numero uno on Moos's list. I take with a grain of salt, because although it was a decent source it is all he said she said at the moment. The source is from inside the Athletic Department, but I got it second hand. So take it for what it is, and no one knows what is going to happen. If we do somehow gets Stoops I will be ecstatic! His style fits our current personal the best of all coaches, not to mention he recruited Pledger to OU... And Bookie is leaning OU at the moment.

Do I think he comes out of Retirement to coach NU, no. I do however believe that he is the coach at the top of the list.
Stoops will never coach at a B1G school that isn't called Iowa.

Because he can recruit with a car instead of an airplane. Because Florida is LOADED with players to stock his offense. Because, he loves to live in a town where he can go to a theme park, and not be bothered. Because, ha=e can play golf, in Jan-March. Because, he is having fun, winning. Because, his wife, LOVES Orlando.

Because he can recruit with a car instead of an airplane. Because Florida is LOADED with players to stock his offense. Because, he loves to live in a town where he can go to a theme park, and not be bothered. Because, ha=e can play golf, in Jan-March. Because, he is having fun, winning. Because, his wife, LOVES Orlando.
This is funny - every other coach at central Florida has had the same recruiting advantage, weather, theme park access, etc yet every single one of them has left and UCF is still small potatoes playing in a garbage conference with no fan support in a dump stadium.

This is funny - every other coach at central Florida has had the same recruiting advantage, weather, theme park access, etc yet every single one of them has left and UCF is still small potatoes playing in a garbage conference with no fan support in a dump stadium.

Even George O'Leary would have pounded Nebraska. Ask Baylor.

Winter is coming, Scott is not. Enjoy your misery.....

When did anyone last care a red cent about Nebraska? Might be 2-3 decades ago.

Frost would much rather go pheasant hunting than go to a crowded theme park. He's flown all the way to Hawaii and Nebraska for his QB recruits. His wife will love $5 million/year and the use of our boosters' private jets. His family and friends are here.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Frost would much rather go pheasant hunting than go to a crowded theme park. He's flown all the way to Hawaii and Nebraska for his QB recruits. His wife will love $5 million/year and the use of our boosters' private jets.
Accuracy is not your friend. You know so little about UCF.

UCF had a booster jet at SMU, warmed up and waiting if his wife's water broke. It was never needed.

Scott had MM come to Oregon, for camps and when he called MM from UCF, he sent the QB coach. On Vedral, he called Scott. Your best Scott Frost Offense QB in the state, ran the heck away! To Florida!

He makes 2M at UCF. Football find has rained 3.75M in 14 days to pay Scott and his assistants a lot more next year.

Go on.

Last edited:
Your best Scott Frost Offense QB in the state, ran the heck away! To Florida!

Florida is so LOADED with talent that you had to get a QB from Nebraska! How sad. I guess all the good QBs in Florida want to play in a real conference.

Vedral didn't have a Nebraska offer. We had the #2 QB in California already committed, who chose us over Alabama.

Reactions: footnfan1
Even George O'Leary would have pounded Nebraska. Ask Baylor.

Winter is coming, Scott is not. Enjoy your misery.....

When did anyone last care a red cent about Nebraska? Might be 2-3 decades ago.

Even when we agree bad, the nation still cares a lot more about Nebraska than they ever will about some directional school in the American Conference.

Florida is so LOADED with talent that you had to get a QB from Nebraska! How sad. I guess all the good QBs in Florida want to play in a real conference.

Vedral didn't have a Nebraska offer. We had the #2 QB in California already committed, who chose us over Alabama.
You over Bama? Poor kid. Of course Florida kids want to play for a P5 team, even a terrible one....in the Big 10!

So, if Nebraska continue's to be a terrible P5 team does anyone care? No one in your conference is scared to play you. In fact, you may become the pre-rivalry game weekend baby seal that teams pay to show up and get beat up!

Even when we agree bad, the nation still cares a lot more about Nebraska than they ever will about some directional school in the American Conference.
Sure. The Nation???? Really? Has there been a mention of Nebraska in ESPN Gameday for 5 years? Sheesh, get a hold of yourself. No one cares anymore.

You over Bama? Poor kid. Of course Florida kids want to play for a P5 team, even a terrible one....in the Big 10!

So, if Nebraska continue's to be a terrible P5 team does anyone care? No one in your conference is scared to play you. In fact, you may become the pre-rivalry game weekend baby seal that teams pay to show up and get beat up!

Could be. Course we might land a coach sometime soon.

Sure. The Nation???? Really? Has there been a mention of Nebraska in ESPN Gameday for 5 years? Sheesh, get a hold of yourself. No one cares anymore.

If you don’t quit acting like a dick, someone is probably going to point out pretty soon that your program is at its apex. Which is a New Year’s Day Bowl. No playoff.

And due to obvious lack of fan support, shit facilities, and being 5th banana or worse in your own backyard, that’s where you will peak. Your good coaches will continue to leave to greener pastures, to places that commit to their programs and have a higher apex. And your shitty coaches will take you back to places like where you were a couple years ago.

And that would be rude, I’d hate to see it. So quit being a dick.

If you don’t quit acting like a dick, someone is probably going to point out pretty soon that your program is at its apex. Which is a New Year’s Day Bowl. No playoff.

And due to obvious lack of fan support, shit facilities, and being 5th banana or worse in your own backyard, that’s where you will peak. Your good coaches will continue to leave to greener pastures, to places that commit to their programs and have a higher apex. And your shitty coaches will take you back to places like where you were a couple years ago.

And that would be rude, I’d hate to see it. So quit being a dick.
Dude, I feel ya. The mirror is painful. Embrace the suck.

Terrible facilities. Study up a little.

Apex is a nice word. 2013 Fiesta Bowl team might be better than this UCF team , not sure. That was the BCS era, you went to the Cap 1 bowl, and lost to UGA.

Speaking of playoffs, you are not in consideration either!

Speaking of Apqx, was the near term Apex the 2015 Foster Farms Bowl? Asking for a friend.

You apparently do right now..
Its a passing fancy. A curiosity after I saw Neb fans at the UCF vs. Temple game BEGGING him to return to Lincoln. Nebraska was playing within driving distance, and these fans chose to go hang over the tunnel, the sidelines and beg him to return.
Begging him, yelling at him. It was way below the nebraska program, but they were there. Wow. Grown men, wearing football jerseys.

Its a passing fancy. A curiosity after I saw Neb fans at the UCF vs. Temple game BEGGING him to return to Lincoln. Nebraska was playing within driving distance, and these fans chose to go hang over the tunnel, the sidelines and beg him to return.
Begging him, yelling at him. It was way below the nebraska program, but they were there. Wow. Grown men, wearing football jerseys.

I understand how fan support can be a strange concept in Orlando..

It is a strange thing though..

UCF does not get many Big 10 invites, and we usually don't get invited back,after UCF wins. Our lone Happy Valley game. Penn St. cancelled the returns to UCF, opted to play in Ireland, and not come to UCF

I understand how fan support can be a strange concept in Orlando..

It is a strange thing though..
Don't know about fan support in Orlando, I live 4 hours away. We travel to every game. I'll ask someone in Orlando and report back.

ADVERTISEMENT