ADVERTISEMENT

Frost: There’s a 100 ways the guys could have won that game

I completely agree Pickering has struggled but 1 for 10 on 4th downs this year. If you dont have confidence in your kicker how do you have confidence in your offense? Or ia it the offensive play calling that is the problem.
So you roll the dice. Maybe you get a TD out of this drive, maybe you get a field goal. Neither one is a sure bet. As a result, Frost went for the first down.

It’s funny, people complain that he didn’t go for it on 4th and 1 earlier in the game. People complain that he went on it for 4th and 1 at this time. I know, it’s situational, I get it... but the FG wasn’t a sure thing.

Tell me, what can he do that is acceptable? If he goes for the field goal and misses, then what? I don’t even want to think about what people would say that he showed a lack of confidence in his offense...

Nothing is acceptable. These guys just like to bitch... if I read it right, by saying “the guys” he is throwing the team under the bus. Weak sauce at best. Just trying to stir the pot. They are the fan base that likes the losses so they can complain... crazy stuff...

Reactions: headcard
Well one comment that I will make is why with two minutes to go would Nebraska run three times into the middle of the line? I understand that he wanted NW to burn all there time outs but you could have run any running play and they would have burned their time outs. As coach you may think get them to burn time outs and then they have to go a long ways without time outs . Sounds good but still you can still think that is good but you do not have to run three times into middle of the line. What kind of defense was Nebraska running on last drive? Were they running 2 deep to keep ever thing in front of them? Do not give up the long play make them run a number of plays and let the pressure build on NW. In all post game Frost ‘s comments he just does not seem that self confident. Maybe it is just me but that is how he sounds to me. That will affect the decisions you make during the game. Is this the fourth year as a head coach? He does not have a lot of experience as a HC. Certainly no experience dealing with this type of situation. There is only one thing fans can do. You must go to the game in droves and yell your head off. Build up the team and especially build up your head coach. At this point you have nothing to lose.

I remember in 2000 South Carolina hired Lou Holtz after Brad Scott ran program into the ground. We were never outstanding anyway but Scott even did less . Holtz went 0-11 his first year. I drove 600 miles to see a home game. The place was packed and we yelled as loud as we could. Next year we went 1-10. The fans did every thing we could to support the team. He did have some success as our HC. Fan support for the team and HC convinced Steve Spurrior to become our coach. He had more success. Between those two coaches we were 6-1 against Big Ten teams in bowl games. It maybe a slow road to becoming a better team. It will be a slower recovery if fans do not totally support this team and coaching staff. You have really nothing to lose. If Frost fails who would step in to take the challenge? He must show progress to make it attractive to other HC’s. Who knows with additional experience and some success he may be the next great HC. Nebraska fans have nothing to lose and everything to gain by showing your love for your university! Our saying is “Forever to Thee!” My Carolina.

Reactions: DPDWU and Sinomatic
Dude, seriously... all you do is bag on the coaches and the team. They didn’t deserve to win?

Those kids played their butts off and for you to say they didn’t deserve to win shoes how lousy you can be. You bitch and moan all the time... northwestern sucks, thorson sucks, Michigan isn’t great, blah blah blah!!!

If all you’re gonna do is piss and moan, why post? I’ve never seen you post anything positive, other than “I think Frost will turn it around.” That’s the most positivity I have seen out of you.

I know it’s bad form to question a regular poster’s fandom, but you REALLY make it hard not to.
Agreed, his act gets old..

And then you would be critical if:

1. Backup gives up 99 yard td...A williams is our best safety....if you really knew football you would wonder why they constantly had Williams 1 on 1 with NW best wide out...not many safeties can cover 1 on 1...but then you would have to wonder why we couldn't get to the QB when we blitz 6, because if we get to the qb williams looks fine...and then you wonder how do we have so many poor defensive players...and then you wonder, is this the same team that gave up 55 a game the last four games last year....and then it all makes sense.
2. Not sure on 2, seemed they ran it down as far as they are comfortable...remember they were going for a 1st down.
3. They miss the field goal
Yeah that didn't make any sense to me they had Williams covering a receiver where he's not very good instead of at safety where he's actually a decent player. Then you have the backup safety in during the final drive is just a head scratching decision.

Dude, seriously... all you do is bag on the coaches and the team. They didn’t deserve to win?

Those kids played their butts off and for you to say they didn’t deserve to win shoes how lousy you can be. You bitch and moan all the time... northwestern sucks, thorson sucks, Michigan isn’t great, blah blah blah!!!

If all you’re gonna do is piss and moan, why post? I’ve never seen you post anything positive, other than “I think Frost will turn it around.” That’s the most positivity I have seen out of you.

I know it’s bad form to question a regular poster’s fandom, but you REALLY make it hard not to.
A lot of coaches would say their team didn't deserve to win when we made as many mistakes as we did against Northwestern. Frost isn't that type of coach and that's fine. That's one thing I disagree about. I do think Frost will turn it around but it will be a much slower process than I and many others originally thought.

And I've stuck up for the players when many are throwing them under the bus. Even some of the coaches comments makes it seem like they're throwing them under the bus. I do think we have the talent on this team to compete for the West. I think most of the problems we see are due to coaching issues, not talent. I do think Frost and at least some of his assistants are good coaches, but they have made an ungodly amount of mistakes this year. I think unfortunately they misdiagnosed the problems with this team coming in and focused on the wrong things that this team needed to work on first. And then when things got bad, they've made a few decisions that made the problems even worse.

I think by next year we will see a major turnaround. I think our offense is going to be pretty good and I'm hoping our defense will get to at least average. If we get to that point, we're going to win a lot of games.

Reactions: timnsun
Playing the percentages is one of them. 1 for 10 on 4th down conversions vs 5 for 9 field goal percentage. Winning coaches trust their kickers.

No, good coaches know when they have a field goal kicker that completely sucks.

And I've stuck up for the players when many are throwing them under the bus. Even some of the coaches comments makes it seem like they're throwing them under the bus. I do think we have the talent on this team to compete for the West. I think most of the problems we see are due to coaching issues, not talent. I do think Frost and at least some of his assistants are good coaches, but they have made an ungodly amount of mistakes this year. I think unfortunately they misdiagnosed the problems with this team coming in and focused on the wrong things that this team needed to work on first. And then when things got bad, they've made a few decisions that made the problems even worse.

I think by next year we will see a major turnaround. I think our offense is going to be pretty good and I'm hoping our defense will get to at least average. If we get to that point, we're going to win a lot of games.
Right after I go off on you, you post something positive. Makes me look like a turd.

I like this OJ better.

No, good coaches know when they have a field goal kicker that completely sucks.

Yep and good coaches know their offense sucks at 4th down conversions. What were they? 1 for 12 for the season? Gotta know when to play the percentages. Scott obviously doesnt yet.

Well one comment that I will make is why with two minutes to go would Nebraska run three times into the middle of the line? I understand that he wanted NW to burn all there time outs but you could have run any running play and they would have burned their time outs. As coach you may think get them to burn time outs and then they have to go a long ways without time outs . Sounds good but still you can still think that is good but you do not have to run three times into middle of the line. What kind of defense was Nebraska running on last drive? Were they running 2 deep to keep ever thing in front of them? Do not give up the long play make them run a number of plays and let the pressure build on NW. In all post game Frost ‘s comments he just does not seem that self confident. Maybe it is just me but that is how he sounds to me. That will affect the decisions you make during the game. Is this the fourth year as a head coach? He does not have a lot of experience as a HC. Certainly no experience dealing with this type of situation. There is only one thing fans can do. You must go to the game in droves and yell your head off. Build up the team and especially build up your head coach. At this point you have nothing to lose.

I remember in 2000 South Carolina hired Lou Holtz after Brad Scott ran program into the ground. We were never outstanding anyway but Scott even did less . Holtz went 0-11 his first year. I drove 600 miles to see a home game. The place was packed and we yelled as loud as we could. Next year we went 1-10. The fans did every thing we could to support the team. He did have some success as our HC. Fan support for the team and HC convinced Steve Spurrior to become our coach. He had more success. Between those two coaches we were 6-1 against Big Ten teams in bowl games. It maybe a slow road to becoming a better team. It will be a slower recovery if fans do not totally support this team and coaching staff. You have really nothing to lose. If Frost fails who would step in to take the challenge? He must show progress to make it attractive to other HC’s. Who knows with additional experience and some success he may be the next great HC. Nebraska fans have nothing to lose and everything to gain by showing your love for your university! Our saying is “Forever to Thee!” My Carolina.

Its funny when Rileys crew did this everyone complained but Frost does it and its ok.

Yea hope that doesn’t happen so you can be right, that would be way better.

didn;t say i don't hope it will be true ... I just don't believe it

would you be willing to bet any amount of money that we win a national title in the next 5-6 years??[/QUOTE]I would bet any amount of money that if we did win it, you find something to bitch about

Yep and good coaches know their offense sucks at 4th down conversions. What were they? 1 for 12 for the season? Gotta know when to play the percentages. Scott obviously doesnt yet.
This rebuttal seems a little late... considering what we saw yesterday.

You couldn’t have posted it even a day earlier? You probably would have come across as younger and not as ‘get off my lawn’ guy...

This rebuttal seems a little late... considering what we saw yesterday.

You couldn’t have posted it even a day earlier? You probably would have come across as younger and not as ‘get off my lawn’ guy...

Sorry I work a lot of hours and cant spend my life on a message board. I get on when I can. I dont gaf how old or young I sound or how I sound to anonymous message board posters. If its my opinion its just that....my opinion.

Sorry I work a lot of hours and cant spend my life on a message board. I get on when I can. I dont gaf how old or young I sound or how I sound to anonymous message board posters. If its my opinion its just that....my opinion.
Wow, still pissed we won, so you can’t rail on the coaches anymore this week?

Just so you know, this is a joke, just like my previous post. Lighten up.

one way was to convert on 4th and 6 inches near midfield to ice the game - but sadly they weren’t given the opportunity

Garbage, decisions in a game are easily second guessed afterwards. He made a logical decision. Questioning his decision is weak, and is a weakness in your character because you need someone to blame. Am I right?

Another quote I didn't like this week, I think one of the announcers said frost told the team at halftime that they did enough to win this game. That's a dangerous thing to say when you still have another half left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT