ADVERTISEMENT

Frost the worst Nebraska coach ever defined by 1 decision....

Not sure Gebbia has ever shown anything either. Of course he could have had Burrow, a different type portal QB, etc too.

Playing at the Illinois of the Pac10. Ohh guess what, Illinois beat us two years in a row.

Not making major changes after year 2 or 3 on offense was a bigger factor imo than anything else. Yeah, they got rid of Walters but he wasn't calling the plays. The same offensive staff has been on offense for almost the entire tenure and the offense has not gotten better. A new coach may have said "hey, we should be aggressive in the transfer portal" or emphasized getting a QB to truly compete with Adrian. I don't blame Adrian, he's doing his best. The coaching staff, from the head coach down, has let this team down more than anyone else.

Yes, we have sucked and Frost has failed. Doesn’t make Gebbia any good. Not taking Burrow was a mistake, not going with Gebbia, meh not convinced things would be much different with him.
You are part of the problem. You think someone making some extraordinary play from the qb position is great. F no. A qb getting a 3 yard dump off instead of a 10 yard sack (every fing game) is way better. You need someone who can make quick risk free decisions.

Frost chased off three quarterbacks before his first season, including the returning starter and the QB of the future. That alone showed he lacked what was needed at the QB position. Fixated one one guy who is going to leave as a four-year starter who only won 15 games.

Sure wish that was his only mistake…..if it was actually a mistake. Not sure Gebbia is better, but at least he would be a different flavor of fail for Frost.

You are part of the problem. You think someone making some extraordinary play from the qb position is great. F no. A qb getting a 3 yard dump off instead of a 10 yard sack (every fing game) is way better. You need someone who can make quick risk free decisions.

Im part of the problem? I didn’t throw 3 INT today and I’ve never said anything like you just claimed. I am however pointing out that Gebbia has not proven to be a good QB. Heck, Vedral would have been a better option.

Im part of the problem? I didn’t throw 3 INT today and I’ve never said anything like you just claimed. I am however pointing out that Gebbia has not proven to be a good QB. Heck, Vedral would have been a better option.
Better than Gebbia. If you think so, your opinion has absolutely no validity.

Reactions: WHCSC
At what point does a HeadCoach and Team want to stop losing?….Year 4???
Still going…..nothing outlasts the willfulness to lose than the Nebraska Cornhuskers…

The problems lie deeper than Martinez. The lack of discipline and attention to detail are what have done this staff in. No accountability from anyone. I think frost tried to reverse course on that this year, but it’s too late. Martinez clearly started to pout and checked out after frost chewed his ass for not fighting for a first down. These kids don’t respond well to criticism and that’s based on the culture this staff instilled. I’m terrified this is the death of Nebraska football. We deemed frost the savior and he’ll be a colossal failure. What follows that and how do you regroup as an institution? I don’t know but it won’t be easy or quick

Reactions: Seascout3
Am has killed us over and over again. But Gebbia? When we could have had Burrow and even had Vedral. Pining over Gebbia of all people is weird.
Give me Gebbia if only because frosts dick isn’t up his ass & he can be benched permanently

Frost is a coward for going back on his correct decision to bench AM last year

The premise of this thread is a miss. Just like a Martinez or Gebbia pass attempt.

Reactions: WHCSC
4 INT actually

picking AMART over Gebbia. The big play over consistency. Stupid idiot.
There's more reasons than that. And Gebbia certainly wouldn't have been the answer either. Bringing over his whole loser staff from UCF was a bigger issue along with refusing to implement any sort of accountability or discipline upon arrival or anytime since.

Reactions: blackbones
Worst NU headcoach defined by one decision? I'd say that was Bill Callahan not firing Cosgrove. He was a good recruiter and our O was pretty good, but he opted to hitch his wagon on to a mediocre DC.

We were in the Big 12 Championship game the season before the meltdown.

Our D was pretty damn good in 2006. Why would Cally have fired Cosgrove when he was fired himself after the 2007 season?

This Frost/Martinez deal is the weirdest most irrational thing I think I have ever seen in sports. And I'm not prone to hyperbole. I simply can't wrap my head around it.
One of the most important attributes of a good leader is the ability to admit when you are wrong. Due to his hubris, Frost can't admit he was wrong about 2AM being an effective QB. Why should he? He just keeps cashing his checks.

picking AMART over Gebbia. The big play over consistency. Stupid idiot.
This 100 percent! No doubt in my mind he would have went bowling in that first season as well. Some of this would have still reared its ugly head our HCSF is incompetent but having a better QB would mask some of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT