ADVERTISEMENT

Frost still can't catch breaks, and I'm still with him

No, he has a choice. To keep the revolving door of sh#t in motion, or patience. Hopefully patience pays off. Next year, in my opinion, is win or go home.
I hope you are right. But what I'm afraid of is the defense is going to take a big step back when we lose some veterans on that side of the ball. Super seniors or what ever they are called these days.

As much as I would like SF to successfully succeed at Nebraska I can’t deny that he has failed in a couple of area’s..

1) Special teams
2) Been undisciplined in certain areas
3) Did not surround himself with better assistance on his staff.

We can’t keep making the same mistakes in games that gives us a shot to win games which was very evident in the Illinois game to start the season..
So then the greater than $20 Million dollar question is do you make Frost address those areas by making some staff changes or do you can him? I think if he gets to 5 or 6 wins they force some staff changes and Trev helps him make those hires. If he wins less than 5, I don't see how they keep him.

So then the greater than $20 Million dollar question is do you make Frost address those areas by making some staff changes or do you can him? I think if he gets to 5 or 6 wins they force some staff changes and Trev helps him make those hires. If he wins less than 5, I don't see how they keep him.
predictions, revisited?

Sat, Sep 25@Michigan State20 Michigan State L
Sat, Oct 2vsNorthwesternNorthwestern W
Sat, Oct 9vsMichigan19 Michigan L
Sat, Oct 16@MinnesotaMinnesota W
Sat, Oct 30vsPurduePurdue W
Sat, Nov 6vsOhio State10 Ohio State L
Sat, Nov 20@Wisconsin18 Wisconsin L
Fri, Nov 26vsIowa5 Iowa ?

I can see them getting to 5 wins before Black Friday, assuming business is taken care of inside our mediocre division. the 3 Ws I have listed we will be favored or real close to it.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
No, he has a choice. To keep the revolving door of sh#t in motion, or patience. Hopefully patience pays off. Next year, in my opinion, is win or go home.

Sad thing is none of the as you would say "revolving doors of shit" has been worse than this current 3.5 years of the current. Yet somehow another year is the "win or go home " year.

Could you imagine if ANY previous coach would've had (hypothetically) 4 straight losing seasons and you or anybody else for that matter would be on here talking about give him more time? It's laughable tbh...

Imagine if Riley, Callahan, or Bo had managed to SOMEHOW come up with FOUR straight losing seasons. Definitely impossible because none of them would've survived THREE straight. But play along for the sake of it. No way in hell would ANYONE be clamouring for more time. Yet here we are....It's crazy what people are willing to do when they actually "want" someone to be there guy. It really is...

Holla

predictions, revisited?

Sat, Sep 25@Michigan State20 Michigan State L
Sat, Oct 2vsNorthwesternNorthwestern W
Sat, Oct 9vsMichigan19 Michigan L
Sat, Oct 16@MinnesotaMinnesota W
Sat, Oct 30vsPurduePurdue W
Sat, Nov 6vsOhio State10 Ohio State L
Sat, Nov 20@Wisconsin18 Wisconsin L
Fri, Nov 26vsIowa5 Iowa ?

I can see them getting to 5 wins before Black Friday, assuming business is taken care of inside our mediocre division. the 3 Ws I have listed we will be favored or real close to it.

Unless something changes if they lose to MSU I see Minnesota and Iowa as losses also. I agree with your other predictions.

Holla

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Sad thing is none of the as you would say "revolving doors of shit" has been worse than this current 3.5 years of the current. Yet somehow another year is the "win or go home " year.

Could you imagine if ANY previous coach would've had (hypothetically) 4 straight losing seasons and you or anybody else for that matter would be on here talking about give him more time? It's laughable tbh...

Imagine if Riley, Callahan, or Bo had managed to SOMEHOW come up with FOUR straight losing seasons. Definitely impossible because none of them would've survived THREE straight. But play along for the sake of it. No way in hell would ANYONE be clamouring for more time. Yet here we are....It's crazy what people are willing to do when they actually "want" someone to be there guy. It really is...

Holla
This thing needs built, not turned around. 5 yrs minimum. We have so many issues, with COVID still a factor, I’m damn tired of starting over. Unless the team quits on him, which they haven’t, he gets another year.

This thing needs built, not turned around. 5 yrs minimum. We have so many issues, with COVID still a factor, I’m damn tired of starting over. Unless the team quits on him, which they haven’t, he gets another year.

I hear you we just agree to disagree. I agree it needs built I just don't think it HAS to be built by what we currently have. Agree we have so many issues...this is year 4. Covid still a factor...EVERYONE dealt with covid. I tired of of losing and seeing poorly coached, undisciplined, lackluster football more than I am worried about starting over.

It would be one thing if we were playing "sound" and disciplined football and getting beat. But that's not the case. The same things that were beating us in year 1 are still beating us in year 4. I guess some are ok with that. When I judge THAT vs starting over it's a no brainer to me. But again we agree to disagree.

Holla

I hear you we just agree to disagree. I agree it needs built I just don't think it HAS to be built by what we currently have. Agree we have so many issues...this is year 4. Covid still a factor...EVERYONE dealt with covid. I tired of of losing and seeing poorly coached, undisciplined, lackluster football more than I am worried about starting over.

It would be one thing if we were playing "sound" and disciplined football and getting beat. But that's not the case. The same things that were beating us in year 1 are still beating us in year 4. I guess some are ok with that. When I judge THAT vs starting over it's a no brainer to me. But again we agree to disagree.

Holla
Not disagreeing too much with what you said, but I think the one thing that is keeping Frost around is that outside of a few games we are competitive in every game and the team doesn't look like they've quit and they still are buying what Frost is saying. I've pretty much lost all faith in Frost because we seem to make the same mistakes, but with that said, it is crazy how razor thin it is that we could actually be on the flip side of things if not for our special teams.

Another thing I will add is that Nebraska actually looks the part as well. I'm actually not a Duvall guy and think we need to change our S&C, but I will say it has been nice under the Frost era that teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. don't seem to push us around. I think that was part of why Pelini in the later days and Riley started to be hated was that it was embarrassing to just watch teams run for like 7 yards a carry and just push us around up front and not even really have a chance. I think that has flipped, but yet I still feel like we need to get our guys a lot more flexible, fast and athletic vs. just super strong monsters that don't move that well.

Not disagreeing too much with what you said, but I think the one thing that is keeping Frost around is that outside of a few games we are competitive in every game and the team doesn't look like they've quit and they still are buying what Frost is saying. I've pretty much lost all faith in Frost because we seem to make the same mistakes, but with that said, it is crazy how razor thin it is that we could actually be on the flip side of things if not for our special teams.

Another thing I will add is that Nebraska actually looks the part as well. I'm actually not a Duvall guy and think we need to change our S&C, but I will say it has been nice under the Frost era that teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. don't seem to push us around. I think that was part of why Pelini in the later days and Riley started to be hated was that it was embarrassing to just watch teams run for like 7 yards a carry and just push us around up front and not even really have a chance. I think that has flipped, but yet I still feel like we need to get our guys a lot more flexible, fast and athletic vs. just super strong monsters that don't move that well.
What are you talking about? We've been embarrassed by Iowa and Wisconsin every single year under Frost. At least Riley and Pelini pulled off wins against those schools, Frost hasn't managed to do it yet.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
What are you talking about? We've been embarrassed by Iowa and Wisconsin every single year under Frost. At least Riley and Pelini pulled off wins against those schools, Frost hasn't managed to do it yet.
No, we haven't. Iowa has literally beat us by two field goals and then a TD. We've had a chance to win every game against them, so just stop.

this is so pathetic.. covid still a factor? how?

what is going to change in 1 year? the recruiting ranking, that's for sure, in the wrong direction.

Next year, the D is going to be suspect with a lot of seniors leaving.

It doesn't take 5 years to build a program.

Frost is in over his head and should resign.

And go look at Bo’s schedule and scores compared to Frost. Tweaks are needed not wholesale changes. Thank god Husker online isn’t our AD. We’d get a new coach every year.

Yes, let's compare schedules. What teams has Frost LOST too and which ones Bo lost too? How many divisions has Frost won and Championship he been too.

I swear the revisionist history on here is amazing NOT! You do realize you are talking to grown ups who have been following Nebraska since birth and NOT Arizona St or Arkansas ffans who don't know sh!t bout the past right???

I’d go along with that but every game now is a wait and see what unfolds week to week..

No blow out losses would be one criteria to consider if he can win 5 games…Other wise the writing will be on the wall..

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3

I can agree about looking the part from S and C. I also agree we need to be more flexible, fast, and athletic. So we actually agree on that part. I think our guys need to be trained to be a bit more "twitchy" if that makes sense. But as far as being big and strong I think he's done the job.

As far as us losing the close games the thing that should be a red flag is that it's the same things. Seriously and if we look back to UCF alot of the self inflicted penalties etc were there as well. They just had enough talent there to overcome it. Those type mistakes and lack of attention to detail get you beat in the BIG. FOUR years in and we are still trying to fix special teams. Still having concentration pre snap penalties. Still questioning are we playing the right players. I will say the defense absolutely had gotten better. Kudos to Chin and those guys. But the special teams had probably gotten worse and the offense is STILL searching for an identity in YEAR FOUR. While teams like MSU or even Illinois already know who and what they are.

Again I'm willing to see how the year plays out but as of right now it doesn't look good. I'm hoping the OU game translates and these guys take the next step.. Imo the MSU game is the last stand and a loss there almost assures us of another losing season. I just don't see a way where he does it should survive 4 straight losing seasons regardless of how close or bad the losses are. Imo that sample size would be plenty big enough.

Holla

No, we haven't. Iowa has literally beat us by two field goals and then a TD. We've had a chance to win every game against them, so just stop.
Iowa ran all over us in those first two losses. In the third, we were able to slow down their running game a bit thanks to lining Daniels over their All-conference center. Those first two games they ran all over our defense though.

I said it before, that if we get the OL, PK and penalty issues resolved and the downhill running game going we will run roughshot over this conference as at that point this year there won't be a team good enough to beat us including the not so mighty 2021 version of Bucky as they are a far cry from the teams that have been fielded by them the last 6 years before this one. We literaaly have enough talent to beat every team in this conference.

One thing I stated before the OU game last weekend that hasn't even been brought up once this year is the speed of this team on both sides of the ball and I said people were gonna see just how fast this team is on both sides of the ball. I said more than likely we would be comparable or equal to OU in speed on both sides of the ball and we proved we were equal to their speed. Now the caveot to this whole thing, there isn't a team in this conference including tOSU, Michigan or Penn St that has anywhere near the team speed of OU so what does that say about us? It says we are the fastest team on both sides of the ball in the B1G. Not only that, we are the 2nd largest in team size in the B1G right behind Minnesota and by not much at all as it's on their OL as we have the largest DL in the B1G. Our overall size is 6'4 1/4 avg.

Frost has got the size, strength, power and speed that he wants, it's just eliminating the issues that have plagued us most importantly this year. I'l just say that with even a halfway fixed OL and good, not great running attack and Culp finds his accuracy again we will absolutely blow out Sparty this weekend.

Wow. Your post is exactly what I needed. Very good point on NU's speed. If we can just somehow get to a somewhat average OLine & special teams......well, there's hope!

I think you are being a little hard on Bill. He was a better coach than Frost.
I really don't want to continually bag on Frost. But this is my "prove me wrong" year on this staff. He's got to get to 6 wins. It's really not fair to keep a guy that seems pretty good at finding ways to lose games instead of winning them. It's not a talent issue. He's responsible for it all. Recruiting, staff, special teams, the O line and whatever excuses for why he continues to lose. The team hasn't imploded yet. There is hope.

Sadly I think this is true. Let’s hope we win tonight and the narrative gets flipped. We need Frost to succeed. I wanted him fired after the Illinois loss but that ship has sailed. Now we need Frost to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I really don't want to continually bag on Frost. But this is my "prove me wrong" year on this staff. He's got to get to 6 wins. It's really not fair to keep a guy that seems pretty good at finding ways to lose games instead of winning them. It's not a talent issue. He's responsible for it all. Recruiting, staff, special teams, the O line and whatever excuses for why he continues to lose. The team hasn't imploded yet. There is hope.
I really really really want stability and zero craziness from our staff but man when you look at who is in the top 25 you kind of get a sick feeling in your stomach to not see NU in there. There is no doubt that even the staunchest Frost supporters have some serious doubts that he's going to get it done. That loss to Illinois was a KILLER. Even IF that had been a last minute field goal win, the narrative would be different. Opening games are easy to lay an egg in but damn, Illinois has stunk. Granted Bielema had all summer to prepare for NU knowing almost exactly what NU would try to do but man they're bad. Not knowing what Illinois would do on either side of the ball hurt us but good heavens.

I really really really want stability and zero craziness from our staff but man when you look at who is in the top 25 you kind of get a sick feeling in your stomach to not see NU in there. There is no doubt that even the staunchest Frost supporters have some serious doubts that he's going to get it done. That loss to Illinois was a KILLER. Even IF that had been a last minute field goal win, the narrative would be different. Opening games are easy to lay an egg in but damn, Illinois has stunk. Granted Bielema had all summer to prepare for NU knowing almost exactly what NU would try to do but man they're bad. Not knowing what Illinois would do on either side of the ball hurt us but good heavens.
Bielema didn’t beat us, we plainly beat ourselves with trying to return a punt inside the 2 yard line for a safety and forcing to get points before the half making 2AM fumble for a return TD.
Not to mention a personal foul after Nebraska intercepted the pass for a turnover was the biggest swing in the game..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Bielema didn’t beat us, we plainly beat ourselves with trying to return a punt inside the 2 yard line for a safety and forcing to get points before the half making 2AM fumble for a return TD.
Not to mention a personal foul after Nebraska intercepted the pass for a turnover was the biggest swing in the game..
2-3 plays goe differently and we would have won that game handily IMO. That's football and that's the way we've been losing games really since we hired Riley.

Reactions: frostonthegrass
Yes, let's compare schedules. What teams has Frost LOST too and which ones Bo lost too? How many divisions has Frost won and Championship he been too.

I swear the revisionist history on here is amazing NOT! You do realize you are talking to grown ups who have been following Nebraska since birth and NOT Arizona St or Arkansas ffans who don't know sh!t bout the past right???
I realize how old you are. You use “Not”. At the end of an obviously sarcastic statement. Don’t need to hear much after that.

I realize how old you are. You use “Not”. At the end of an obviously sarcastic statement. Don’t need to hear much after that.
When you cant argue with the facts, you change the subject or play the victim. Not gone work over here.....you lost. Beat it kid!

I'm still pro-Frost deal with it. I still say he needs more time. I know eventually you have to just WIN and stop making EXCUSES, but dang it this coach has been snake bit.

2018: Opener cancelled. Dealt with pesky CU team with dirty play that injured Amart. No momentum with empty cupboard.
2019: A lot of self-inflicted errors, but I still buy excuse of empty cupboard and attitude adjustment in Year 2.
2020: COVID. Open with OSU. Another cancellation. A lot of self-inflicted errors and no room to build any momentum. Locker room issue with some high-profile players.
2021: Open against new coaching staff with a ton of 6-year seniors, and injuring their starting QB might've actually worked against Huskers.

Now add one more to the list. Coming into the year, MSU was supposed to be a tune-up game heading into the meat of conference play. But as his luck would have it, Sparty is now considered one of the better teams in the conference.

Yes the self-inflicted plays, inability to recruit right guys, sticking with a struggling QB (which may finally be paying off) are all on the staff. But Frost has had NO FAVORS to start his career at Nebraska. Add in the fact that he's had to learn a lot as well on the job. I think HCSF has been humbled and he's a much better coach for that now. He's still the right guy to lead us back, just be patient! We're all pissed at special teams against OU, but look at the bright side, we're only pissed about special teams! He'll get to it, he's had to establish Offense and Defense and Culture. Special Teams is coming, but it's a large rebuilding process. Remember it was 99% buy-in when HCSF was hired. He can still be the coach we all thought he could be. Zoom out and don't be a prisoner of the moment. Even if this turns out to be another tough year, he WILL catch some breaks down the line and the success WILL come!
I'm having a hard time with both preparation and game time decisions and performance. The team looks poorly coached. The OL and special teams in particular. I have a hard time understanding why clock management is such a difficult thing. Why bother icing the kicker at the end of the first half but then not even try to get into field goal range at the end of the game with 2 timeouts. Talent was an issue the last couple years but the talent is remarkably better this season and little things continue to make a big difference.

I'm still pro-Frost deal with it. I still say he needs more time. I know eventually you have to just WIN and stop making EXCUSES, but dang it this coach has been snake bit.

2018: Opener cancelled. Dealt with pesky CU team with dirty play that injured Amart. No momentum with empty cupboard.
2019: A lot of self-inflicted errors, but I still buy excuse of empty cupboard and attitude adjustment in Year 2.
2020: COVID. Open with OSU. Another cancellation. A lot of self-inflicted errors and no room to build any momentum. Locker room issue with some high-profile players.
2021: Open against new coaching staff with a ton of 6-year seniors, and injuring their starting QB might've actually worked against Huskers.

Now add one more to the list. Coming into the year, MSU was supposed to be a tune-up game heading into the meat of conference play. But as his luck would have it, Sparty is now considered one of the better teams in the conference.

Yes the self-inflicted plays, inability to recruit right guys, sticking with a struggling QB (which may finally be paying off) are all on the staff. But Frost has had NO FAVORS to start his career at Nebraska. Add in the fact that he's had to learn a lot as well on the job. I think HCSF has been humbled and he's a much better coach for that now. He's still the right guy to lead us back, just be patient! We're all pissed at special teams against OU, but look at the bright side, we're only pissed about special teams! He'll get to it, he's had to establish Offense and Defense and Culture. Special Teams is coming, but it's a large rebuilding process. Remember it was 99% buy-in when HCSF was hired. He can still be the coach we all thought he could be. Zoom out and don't be a prisoner of the moment. Even if this turns out to be another tough year, he WILL catch some breaks down the line and the success WILL come!
Blah…..blah…….blah. Next.

Yep. Bill beat OU twice, Texas, Penn State, Pitt. Frost is more like Bernie Masterson — former Husker star QB but a failure as coach. He got two seasons and was replaced by Potsy Clark for a year before Glassford.
I would be OK if the coach replacing Frost is named Potsy as long as he could field a competent punt team.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick.Shaw
So you hate it when people demand better results?
we all demand better results when it comes to your posts, minnesota fan.

I'm working on my list of potential replacement posters right now, and will call each by their first name in every thread as I repeat myself nonstop for the next 6 weeks.

good news for you: it will only take 1 good post for me to completely flip my script and say 'so long as he continues it's all good'

f'in loser

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT