ADVERTISEMENT

Frost Speaks

Frost is going to go his own thing. If he makes no changes with players or scheme in addition to his already stated position on staff , I’m afraid he will be setting course for another sub 500 year .
Who would have seen that coming?

Does anyone know how many assistants Osborne fired? I know it isn't the same because he never had a 4-win season. But still, he was known for wanting consistency in his staff, and you know Frost is going to emulate that.
His job is to build a program and be the face of Nebraska football. He’s done great so far.
5th place 3 Years in a weak division not one having a winning season? If that’s great then Mike Riley is Nick Saban.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskAir
Hopefully Scott is on the verge of learning a lot of valuable lessons about what his pride will get him. I just saw something with him talking about how "unfair" the criticism of Luke is and how he can be "elite" if he keeps developing.

Yeah dude, every player who sucks could be elite if they kept getting better. That's what improvement is. A QB can either f***ing throw or he can't. You don't take a garbage arm and make them Drew Brees.

Luke is an excellent athlete and a bad quarterback, lying to yourself and to the kid isn't going to improve his quality of life.

Let's hope that Matt Lubick LOVES running the freaking ball.

The QB recruiting this year tells me they're doubling down on the guys they already have. Haarberg as your one take in the 2021 class at QB is an absolute joke for a team that has B1G title aspirations. Maybe he'll be good someday, nobody knows, but we all understand he's not an instant-impact guy who pushes for a job right away.

We'd better pray to any deity willing to listen that Logan Smothers is the next big thing as a college QB. If he's not it's going to be a bleak several years.
IF we commit to the run like we can, Luke could be just fine at QB. He's not a pocket passer and he shouldn't be chucking the rock 30 times/game though if he ends up our starter at some point.

Reactions: WHCSC
What is that? What teams have assistants to assistants?
none. More silliness from the free board. They have lots of analysts who help break down film and game plan. If they were to get caught actually coaching players, they would have a problem.

Osborne and assts parted company. There were several told to find different employment. Frost needs to learn he is the top of the heap and friendship cannot mean nothing during work!

Reactions: scarletred
frosty needs to stop feeling and start doing. we are all woke enough already.
kind of hard to DO much of anything in January.....just sayin. I can't wait for spring ball and IF I were him I would tell the B1G to go f themselves with their COVID quarantines for football players this spring. Herd immunity and move on with life for a bunch of 18-23 year olds.

yes, it was.

Says Frost: "I definitely think it's time for us to start competing for or winning our half. I'm not sure if I felt like we had a team that was ready to do that in years past. I do now."

Just Frost talking out of his ass again. “I’m not sure if I felt like we had a team that was ready to do that in years past. I do now.”

Osborne and assts parted company. There were several told to find different employment. Frost needs to learn he is the top of the heap and friendship cannot mean nothing during work!
My problem with blaming assistants is that it's the same stupid individual mistakes that caused us to lose games and it was by different position groups. Targeting, holding, false starts, QB fumbles and interceptions. Which assistants do you fire? I have one that I would be looking long and hard at replacing but that's just because in particular his spot has under performed and I'm not sure what the hell he's doing. Then go hire a special teams coordinator. Punt coverage shouldn't be that damned tough.

Reactions: scarletred
I like it, if loyalty is a core value of Frost, he must continue us down that path, otherwise he would be sacrificing his core values.

He is loyal to his friends but is he loyal to the state? Dude was hired and gets paid $5million per to win games not to do what he can while keeping his boys happy.

kind of hard to DO much of anything in January.....just sayin. I can't wait for spring ball and IF I were him I would tell the B1G to go f themselves with their COVID quarantines for football players this spring. Herd immunity and move on with life for a bunch of 18-23 year olds.
you can sure look at past results and judge them. a commitment to do the same thing and reinforce feelings sure looks like a repeat to me. DOing nothing different in january for a loosing program -really?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT