ADVERTISEMENT

Frost Speaks

Two things here: SF can’t overlook the issues we have on special teams and he has seen his faults, but I don’t think he is going to make enough effort in either hiring someone to fix the problem or he has to take some responsibility and have some other assistance work on improving where he admits has lost Nebraska games..

The person who he should replace and get a full time special teams Coach first and foremost is Mario Verduzco who hasn’t improved our QB play for the past 3 years..He has made the QB‘s over think themselves and hesitant and times to take off and running for better yardage..

Can’t figure out what Mario Potter does on games days that he deserves this title and what purpose he serves during games..

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by Ron Brown being an "assistant position coach" could he help with RBs and that frees up Held to focus more on special teams, without having to rearrange the staff...

Limit on coaches so if Brown came in, someone has to go. Analyst does not coach, they only plan.
No, he said assistant position coach, not a full-time assistant. So he wouldn't be an actual assistant coach, it's an interesting way to get around the ncaa and something we should be doing.

Reactions: WHCSC
I don’t know what it takes to coach a college football team, but I do know bullshit. This guy spouts so much bullshit, Memorial Stadium is going to start smelling worse than a wastewater treatment plant.

Hopefully Scott is on the verge of learning a lot of valuable lessons about what his pride will get him. I just saw something with him talking about how "unfair" the criticism of Luke is and how he can be "elite" if he keeps developing.

Yeah dude, every player who sucks could be elite if they kept getting better. That's what improvement is. A QB can either f***ing throw or he can't. You don't take a garbage arm and make them Drew Brees.

Luke is an excellent athlete and a bad quarterback, lying to yourself and to the kid isn't going to improve his quality of life.

Let's hope that Matt Lubick LOVES running the freaking ball.

The QB recruiting this year tells me they're doubling down on the guys they already have. Haarberg as your one take in the 2021 class at QB is an absolute joke for a team that has B1G title aspirations. Maybe he'll be good someday, nobody knows, but we all understand he's not an instant-impact guy who pushes for a job right away.

We'd better pray to any deity willing to listen that Logan Smothers is the next big thing as a college QB. If he's not it's going to be a bleak several years.

Reactions: HuskAir and Catch50
I say 10-2 next year. Losses to Oklahoma and Ohio State. Win the west. Scott Frost talking stuff about Rondale. I like it

I'm sure some will enjoy this quote more than others..

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lincoln100
No, he said assistant position coach, not a full-time assistant. So he wouldn't be an actual assistant coach, it's an interesting way to get around the ncaa and something we should be doing.

Can’t pay him then. That’s what GA’s do.

Does anyone know how many assistants Osborne fired? I know it isn't the same because he never had a 4-win season. But still, he was known for wanting consistency in his staff, and you know Frost is going to emulate that.

Does anyone know how many assistants Osborne fired? I know it isn't the same because he never had a 4-win season. But still, he was known for wanting consistency in his staff, and you know Frost is going to emulate that.
Except Frost already fired two assistants last year.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
That was not a quote from Frost.
yes, it was.

Says Frost: "I definitely think it's time for us to start competing for or winning our half. I'm not sure if I felt like we had a team that was ready to do that in years past. I do now."

I guess I am beyond worrying about whether or not Frost is doing the optimal thing. If he’s not, it will just hasten his demise. Staying loyal to his coaches and his schemes is more important to him than winning.

yes, it was.

Says Frost: "I definitely think it's time for us to start competing for or winning our half. I'm not sure if I felt like we had a team that was ready to do that in years past. I do now."
That was from Moos.

why is it attributed directly to Frost, then?
Sorry, must of read it wrong. Thought that was a quote from Moos. Still nothing wrong with it. He knows he’s out of time and there are expectations. Please go do it, now.

I saw this which says Moos first and then has Frost quote. Reading is hard.

Last edited:
We'd better pray to any deity willing to listen that Logan Smothers is the next big thing as a college QB. If he's not it's going to be a bleak several years.
If he's not, Frost will more than likely be gone after next year or 2022.

During my working career we occasionally had a guy who believed himself the smartest in the room and wouldn't change anything he was doing because he believed in his process and he had "principles" that precluded change. These types invariably failed and usually led to a toxic workplace.

During my working career we occasionally had a guy who believed himself the smartest in the room and wouldn't change anything he was doing because he believed in his process and he had "principles" that precluded change. These types invariably failed and usually led to a toxic workplace.
Yep, I don't see this ending well. Frost has had every hand helping him, but he just keeps digging himself deeper in the hole.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
Doesn't matter what any of us want...Frost said Brown is going to be an assistant position coach.

Yeah I know...Frost says a lot. The fact remains that he’d have to fire an assistant for Ron Brown to be an “assistant position coach”, unless he was just an analyst. This is pretty black and white.

Yeah I know...Frost says a lot. The fact remains that he’d have to fire an assistant for Ron Brown to be an “assistant position coach”, unless he was just an analyst. This is pretty black and white.
Not really. Pretty easy to get around the rules with it.

What is that? What teams have assistants to assistants?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT