ADVERTISEMENT

Frost Speaks

Right. First step, fire Moos.
Not saying that. Moos is leaps and bounds better than Eichorst which obviously isnt saying much. If we go 4-8 or worse I think Carter and Green will probably have to make a move though. If or when they hire a new AD Scott will be a dead man walking.

Reactions: bshirt73
While I don’t think changing coaches every year is a good thing, some change has to happen. If we do the Analyst route we better make one of our assistants the special teams coach.
Do you think Frost would ever take on more of a hands on roll with ST? Might motivate players to take it more seriously and take some pride in that phase of the game.

Reactions: headcard
Sure would be nice if we could somehow steal this guy from the Lewis & Clark Pioneers staff to give the special teams a boost:

548a2e09a3bc9.image.jpg

Either Frost is clinically insane (ie. doing the same thing over and over expecting different results) or he and Rutledge truly were on COMPLETELY different pages when it came to special teams. And apparently Frost seemed to think that he knew more about special teams than Rutledge, who just so happened to be hired by Frost due to his proven track record of developing high-level special teams play (as an analyst).

Also I’ll add, Frost’s comments on Wandale transferring going to “some ways” allow them to be what they want to be on offense is insanely laughable.

The guy is just the gift that keeps on giving and I’m sure it’s just another quote that will blow up in his face when his offense is dog shit(again) next year.

So we'll continue to have inept offense with blind faith in our qb's carrying the team, refusal to lean on our running backs, a gong show on special teams and a pretty good defense that is fighting bad field position and being on the field a majority of the time game after game. Yea I don't see any reason you'd want to change up a thing from what's going on.

So we'll continue to have inept offense with blind faith in our qb's carrying the team, refusal to lean on our running backs, a gong show on special teams and a pretty good defense that is fighting bad field position and being on the field a majority of the time game after game. Yea I don't see any reason you'd want to change up a thing from what's going on.
Just because you're not changing coaches doesn't mean nothing is changing.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised. He is going to win or lose (more likely) his way.

I have never understood the thought that an AD should force changes. Who the heck wants an AD with his hands that far into the FB team? His job is to set expectations and the coaches job is to meet them. If an AD is telling the coach how to do his job it is already a lost cause.

Frost is not making changes because that is what he feels is right, not because he isn't feeling heat from Moos.

If I had a boss tell me I needed to fire someone or lose my job I would be out looking the same day.

Last edited:
I think Frost is commenting about the culture. He believe's culture leads to winning championships. I have no idea. Time will tell.

I'm sure some will enjoy this quote more than others..

they say experience is just as important as talent in college fb. Well i would guess that NEB defensive players have more years of experience than ANY defense in america next year. half the defense is playing their 6th year. lots of experience in the other spots too.
if they aren't kick ass this year they may never be.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
they say experience is just as important as talent in college fb. Well i would guess that NEB defensive players have more years of experience than ANY defense in america next year. half the defense is playing their 6th year. lots of experience in the other spots too.
if they aren't kick ass this year they may never be.
it's not just the experience on that side of the ball, either. Chins and Fisher seem to clearly pace the coaching staff in terms of ability to produce results, and Tuioti isn't far behind.

It's smart. I think he realizes that he's got another year before there is real heat on him, so if we suck this year again he can then can one or two guys and say "see, I'm making the necessary changes," and that will buy him another 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT