ADVERTISEMENT

Frost sidesteps question on remaining at UCF

This is evidence as compelling as Moos' stammering when he asked if he had met with Frost in Philly.

I just understand not announcing it. This is such a distraction for UCF players and recruits. Get it out in the open and let them go win one for their coach one last time.

I just understand not announcing it. This is such a distraction for UCF players and recruits. Get it out in the open and let them go win one for their coach one last time.

If he is coming to Nebraska, Scott obviously doesn't want it announced until a certain time. Right or wrong I think we all have to respect his decision. More importantly the University and Bill Moos need to respect Scott's wishes if they want Scott to be their head coach. Look what a mess Tennessee has turned out to be.

Like we did against Iowa?

Has anybody who has ever been a candidate for another job come out and said they were going to leave before they've coached their final regular season game? I don't remember one.

I really don't think it is a distraction for the players...I think that the coaches like thinking/saying that it is (or would be) a distraction for the players. We (all of us) like to make things a bigger deal than things really are...we wait to tell friends about having a baby until 3 months...we have big parties about the the announcement of the gender...we interview for other jobs while telling our co-workers "don't tell anyone" because we think it is a huge deal...

we love drama.

TO declared his retirement before the 97 Championship.
I understand but that was a completely difference scenario where he had been in the business for many years and was stepping away.

tenor.gif

They should have had a press conference announcing it the moment that florida signed Mullin. Having a plan is great but it is now so obvious that it is a little disrespectful to not tell UCF. Let them process that situation, let them win one for the gipper, instead the players are just looking at him, watching him give motivational speeches and such knowing that he is leaving and he just won't tell them. Tough situation for sure but often times coaches have to have the PC before they would like to...

Here are the alternatives:

1) You can announce to the team that you're leaving after the conference championship game.

- Pros: Speculation and guessing game over.
- Cons: Team could think you've mailed it in, you're not still with them, what do they have to gain by listening to you?

2) You have made your mind up but you don't want to announce as you want to stay focused on the journey

- Pros: You can tell the team "I'm focused on the task at hand. Don't worry about that other distraction."
- Cons: There's some uncertainty

If I weigh these two options, I'm going with option 1.

The heat gets a little hotter for UCF because now some schools may start coming after UCF assistants like Walters. Rumors already that he might be considered by Rice. UCF would be smart to have their own list of candidates like Moos.

The heat gets a little hotter for UCF because now some schools may start coming after UCF assistants like Walters. Rumors already that he might be considered by Rice. UCF would be smart to have their own list of candidates like Moos.
I suspect he has already been looking - the power play from their standpoint was putting the contract extension on his desk - that is tantamount here is our final offer take it or leave it - since it is unsigned pretty clear the direction Frost took. The only other explanation is that he is doing the same thing to NU and since he has close ties I just do not see that happening.

The UCF AD would have been better served to spring his extension stuff on Frost at the last minute but I think he feared UF more than NU early on and UF had made it clear they want a new coach now not on 12-3

Has anybody who has ever been a candidate for another job come out and said they were going to leave before they've coached their final regular season game? I don't remember one.
Not regular season but didn't Bo coach in LSU bowl game before he came to Neb

I think Frost and Moos know what they are doing. Does anybody really believe the media would let it rest at him announcing he is leaving. That would just open the door to a thousand more distractions for the players. Reporters would be hounding them with questions about their reaction, are they staying, did they already know, will it affect the game. What assistants are going, who is interim. On and on and the game would lose all relevance. Right now Frost can still make this game about them because he can control the single issue

Not regular season but didn't Bo coach in LSU bowl game before he came to Neb
Yes-but it was announced immediately after the SEC championship game that he was coming to Nebraska and he was introduced at a press conference the next day.

If he is coming to Nebraska, Scott obviously doesn't want it announced until a certain time. Right or wrong I think we all have to respect his decision. More importantly the University and Bill Moos need to respect Scott's wishes if they want Scott to be their head coach. Look what a mess Tennessee has turned out to be.
If he is coming here, it's his call as to how he wants the announcement to roll out. He may be wrong, but it's his choice.

Reactions: Camcon2016
If it is Frost (I am now assuming this), they announce following the CCG, then work out responsibility details should Frost desire to coach the bowl game.

Reactions: Camcon2016
Walters would be better off being an OC at NU than he would be in being the head coach at Rice. Rice is a doormat and probably always will be.

Walters would be better off being an OC at NU than he would be in being the head coach at Rice. Rice is a doormat and probably always will be.

Walters isn't even calling the plays at UCF. He is OC in name only. He will probably follow Frost here for more tutelage.

Does he or Frost call the plays at UCF?

Posted the same time as the answer above :)

@NebraskaMediaMembers who are reading this thread, I hope you are doing your homework on how he handles press conferences. I would not screw with him or ask him dumb questions just to pump out ridiculous, untrue stories. Don't piss him off if/when he comes home... please!!

I'll say one thing, and I'm confident in saying this. This is the Bill Moos show and anyone thinking they're going to get away with some of the shit they have in recent history (2004-present) has another thing coming. Once he names his head coach, and like everyone else assume it's going to be Scott Frost - it will then turn to the Scott Frost show. He's not going to take shit from anyone, and that includes the media, former players, etc, etc.

Moos has zero ties to Nebraska, and the full support of the Nebraska system and those that make things happen at the lowest and highest of levels. I say this as it comes from an extremely reliable source, Nebraska athletics hasn't had this kind of back-end to front-end support since the 90's.

Goosebumps during a phenomenal conversation today, straight goosebumps.

I'll say one thing, and I'm confident in saying this. This is the Bill Moos show and anyone thinking they're going to get away with some of the shit they have in recent history (2004-present) has another thing coming. Once he names his head coach, and like everyone else assume it's going to be Scott Frost - it will then turn to the Scott Frost show. He's not going to take shit from anyone, and that includes the media, former players, etc, etc.

Moos has zero ties to Nebraska, and the full support of the Nebraska system and those that make things happen at the lowest and highest of levels. I say this as it comes from an extremely reliable source, Nebraska athletics hasn't had this kind of back-end to front-end support since the 90's.

That is phenomenal to hear! Thanks!

Any ideas on whether Frost will look at the Williams duo? They would be a tremendous recruiting resource and teams typically hold over a couple anyway.

I'd be curious if Frost has had any conversations with guys back channel, seems like if you wanted DW in particular, you'd have to combat mainly Chip Kelly for his services and Chips already in place.

He also said it would be tough to leave ucf.

I relly hope he comes here but I have my doubts. Someone will find a way to screw this up. Media, booster, etc.

Any ideas on whether Frost will look at the Williams duo? They would be a tremendous recruiting resource and teams typically hold over a couple anyway.

I'd be curious if Frost has had any conversations with guys back channel, seems like if you wanted DW in particular, you'd have to combat mainly Chip Kelly for his services and Chips already in place.

Not yet to either, on any front.

He also said it would be tough to leave ucf.

I relly hope he comes here but I have my doubts. Someone will find a way to screw this up. Media, booster, etc.
We better hope not. But I think we can all be glad Bill Moos is in there calling the shots. In the meantime, a lot of us need to get a grip and stop acting like 14 year-old schoolboys. I, for one, do not want to see this get pissed away if the rumors of him coming home are true. I will be absolutely red hot pissed if a media member or former player meddles with what we all want to have happen in the coming weeks.

I was just talking about this with my boss the other day. The fact that tons of former players and 90s-affiliated people did not want to be anywhere near the athletic department from 2003-2017 told me all I needed to know about who was in charge in Lincoln. The fact that front-end to back-end support this time around is freaking glorious. This really awesome, awesome news. I got goosebumps reading your response. Here's to Bill Moos and his next head coach.

@NebraskaMediaMembers who are reading this thread, I hope you are doing your homework on how he handles press conferences. I would not screw with him or ask him dumb questions just to pump out ridiculous, untrue stories. Don't piss him off if/when he comes home... please!!

About the camera crew at the house question. It was a phone call. Media down there are trying to paint us in a crazy light. What they don't know is Frost already knows we are crazy and probably won't appreciate finding out the narrative was exaggerated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT