ADVERTISEMENT

Frost proved last night he has no faith in AM

I thought we have a oc now and frost doesn't call plays? I figured we would have a oc in year 2

Reactions: donahues17
What a waste of bandwidth. If Frost has proved anything, it’s that Martinez isn’t going anywhere except the starting lineup. Let’s try to stick with reality.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Time to prepare for next season eith Smothers. NW is a good game yo prepare him for the remainder of the season. Alberts needs to demand Frost stop calling plays and start putting out feelers on his replacement.
It is not only play calling. It is also play design and philosophy. For example I would like to see them line up once in a while with a FB with the QB under center. For quick hitting dives and play action.

22 seconds left, 2 time outs and you chose to let the time run out WITHOUT even trying... Actions speak louder than words. The QB he has hung his hat on has a 37.8 % winning percentage. Do you really believe that a 4 year starter with a 37.8% WP can lead you to 6 wins now?...
What had the offense done besides move the ball? They accounted for 20 points on 400 yards of offense. No confidence in a head case kicker to make a game winning field goal. Hell the game was won befoee another idiot kicker wants to do his bullshit rugby style punt instead of aiming and kicking. Frost hasnt a lot of confidence in his Special Teams. The oline sucks and MSU pinned their ears back. It was a great decision by Frost in my opinion and Ive hated Frost as a coach. The worst call of the day was the timing route in OT that ended with a pick. With the way the defense was playing I would go for OT 100% of the time.

Reactions: bshirt73
Hindsight tells we probably should have ran an option there ( just not to Omar). Let culp kick it to go up 3. The defense had been nails up to that point. Yes they gave up a huge play in OT, but they had been nails all game.

Reactions: BleedRed78
First I agree Frost has no faith in AM and just as importantly himself and the entire offense.
The drive before the punt, Frost puckered up tighter than a ducks butthole. Played not to lose as apposed to win.
Also with time left and timeouts the only team in America to look like they NEVER practice end of game get in field goal position scenarios.
But you say, he was smart. Your defense has been nails. Harder than nails even. Let them win it for you in OT.
The OT in college football where you start with the ball at the opponents 25? Where they get 0 yards and can kick a 42 yard field goal to potentially win the game because your opponent either
a). Lost yards due to ineptness and had to go for it on fourth down to simply fail.
b) Gain yards and be on the goal lines doorstep to simply fail.
c). Misses their easy FG.
d). Turns the ball over.

And a,b,c, and d are all disturbingly likely when your opponent is the Nebraska offense led by Frost.

It's no question Adrian has a pretty bad o line, but his pocket presence and feel for pressure makes them look even worse. He's probably the reason we are in some games and also the reason we lose some games. He seems to be missing the infernal clock and quick thinking that an elite quarterback requires. What worries me the most is it doesn't appear we have ever tried to recruit over him.

AM is the best we got. Frost made his bed with him and he believes in him but he's no Milton. It been said before that this offense relies on elite QB's. Having a line that could block at all and or a better run game would change our offense in a big way. We our not consistent and can't get it done in the red zone. I think Frost is just over his head and the numbers don't lie.

It is not only play calling. It is also play design and philosophy. For example I would like to see them line up once in a while with a FB with the QB under center. For quick hitting dives and play action.
I dont know, running our 175 pound back between the tackles seems to be effective.

RJ is okay, but SM needs more touches

Reactions: Catch50
Scholarships last for only 4 yrs, correct?
Not correct. Majority of players do not start their first season and are on scholarship for five years. Everyone was given a redshirt year last season so Adrian has another year of eligibility left.

The better question is if he volunteers to come back and play behind this OLine.

22 seconds left, 2 time outs and you chose to let the time run out WITHOUT even trying... Actions speak louder than words. The QB he has hung his hat on has a 37.8 % winning percentage. Do you really believe that a 4 year starter with a 37.8% WP can lead you to 6 wins now?...
Probably more a reflection of his faith in the offensive line and fear of a turnover from their ineptness than anything to do with Adrian.

On a different thought:. Would you have liked to have to punt the
Ball to Michigan state one more time?

It's no question Adrian has a pretty bad o line, but his pocket presence and feel for pressure makes them look even worse. He's probably the reason we are in some games and also the reason we lose some games. He seems to be missing the infernal clock and quick thinking that an elite quarterback requires. What worries me the most is it doesn't appear we have ever tried to recruit over him.
I agree, but as much as he hurts, he also helps by being pretty elusive back there. Our OL is bad, but he’s got to learn to throw the ball away instead of taking so many sacks.
Some are unavoidable, and you got to just cover up, but he almost NEVER throws it away, which is a pretty routine play in football.

The decision making is most definitely too slow at times.

I agree, but as much as he hurts, he also helps by being pretty elusive back there. Our OL is bad, but he’s got to learn to throw the ball away instead of taking so many sacks.
Some are unavoidable, and you got to just cover up, but he almost NEVER throws it away, which is a pretty routine play in football.

The decision making is most definitely too slow at times.
we also need to get the ball out on time for once

nothing masks a bad line like putting your back foot in the ground at the top of your drop and letting it fly, which AM never, ever does

I honestly don't think AM trusts AM to deliver the ball consistently, with accuracy, basically anywhere on the field

Reactions: HominidHusker
What had the offense done besides move the ball? They accounted for 20 points on 400 yards of offense. No confidence in a head case kicker to make a game winning field goal. Hell the game was won befoee another idiot kicker wants to do his bullshit rugby style punt instead of aiming and kicking. Frost hasnt a lot of confidence in his Special Teams. The oline sucks and MSU pinned their ears back. It was a great decision by Frost in my opinion and Ive hated Frost as a coach. The worst call of the day was the timing route in OT that ended with a pick. With the way the defense was playing I would go for OT 100% of the time.
YOU NEVER EFFIN QUIT

Probably more a reflection of his faith in the offensive line and fear of a turnover from their ineptness than anything to do with Adrian.

On a different thought:. Would you have liked to have to punt the
Ball to Michigan state one more time?
YOU NEVER QUIT. I can see running 8 seconds off, that is one play. But to quit when there are 2-3 more plays and only 30 yds to try a FG, you pay the game. I would rather have a brain dead kicker trying a 55 yd FG than to quit. Quitters never win, and he lost!!!

we also need to get the ball out on time for once

nothing masks a bad line like putting your back foot in the ground at the top of your drop and letting it fly, which AM never, ever does

I honestly don't think AM trusts AM to deliver the ball consistently, with accuracy, basically anywhere on the field
This has been one of my biggest disappointments over the last couple years.
And what compounds it is I don’t ever hear the coaches being concerned about it.

The few times he’s dropped back and delivered a proper throw on a real route have actually been some of the better passing plays we’ve had this year. It’s mind boggling to me that the Mahomes improvisational stuff would be essentially encouraged by Verdu and Frost.
I’ll take it when necessary, but should never be the go-to.
Wasn’t Adrian throwing off balance to Vokolek when he made a great catch falling backwards, but it was nearly an interception?
Success, but ugly.

I will say, 50% of the time he doesn’t even have the 2.5 seconds he needs to do that. The OL sieve leaks very very quickly.

we went to the horizontal game in the 4th quarter and were just unable to even imagine going downfield for a shot to win the game. the old horizontal game cost us the interception in ot. why even think about defending the goalline. frost and co. are such dumbasses

you are right... when there is about 6-8 secs left and 0 timeouts. In the situation on Sat night, you do not. I am not an AM2 fan, but he was on a roll and had the confidence he needed. Frost took that away from him...
It doesnt matter how much confidence AM had, the line still sucks. Its not just all about the QB.

Lol, u want to go into OT on the ROAD vs a top 20 team at NIGHT?

You serious Clark?

Or u could Roll ur qb out a few times and take a couple of shots for a game expiring FG win attempt..
There was very little chance of beating MSU in OT that night.

SF talking outta both sides of his mouth.

Says AM is paying at an elite lvl, yet doesn't trust him to get 35yrds w two TOs left to win the game in Regulation..

Ummmm what!?!?

SF talking outta both sides of his mouth.

Says AM is paying at an elite lvl, yet doesn't trust him to get 35yrds w two TOs left to win the game in Regulation..

Ummmm what!?!?
When SF is having his press conference, there should be a streamer on the bottom of the screen that fact checks his comments. Example: when SF says that the OL is beginning to gel, the fact checker flashes FALSE! FALSE! FALSE!

Reactions: Boiler_B
smothers needs a shot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT