ADVERTISEMENT

Frost predicted this

there have been a bunch of games cancelled this year. a bunch
why is this one different than all the others? because it happened to neb? get over it. there will be more and they won't involve neb
there is no conspiracy

Will someone let the farmer know his dog got loose again..

2618672-center-2

you keep posting anecdotal stories like this. An amazing story like that would surely be printed by some news organization given the nature of the news coverage of COVID. Could you share the link or copy and paste the article please for us to read?
The only question that should be asked is whether he knew the risks of covid, which obviously he did. After 10 months of non-stop media coverage I'm pretty sure he knew the risks that came with catching it. He calculated the odds based on information that is widely known and made his own choices. At this point nobody is ignorant of Covid so there is no blame to spread around. Sorry if that sounds cold hearted, but its true.

Wisconsin was still favored on the road with our 4th string QB, what does that say about Nebraska and your program?

Let’s play the game and find out what happens for 60 min...
Point spreads don’t mean crap once the ball is kicked off..

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Wisconsin was still favored on the road with our 4th string QB, what does that say about Nebraska and your program?
And then it went from Mertz and the immediate backup QB testing positive to mysteriously this morning 10 more players and Head Coach Chryst testing positive and all of a sudden game off. Wisconsin should have been on high alert after Mertz tested positive to let 12 more people catch COVID-19.

What really happened was Wisconsin was afraid of losing, pissed their pants, and bugged out. You know it, I know it, and fans of college football know it. What does that say about your program?

And then it went from Mertz and the immediate backup QB testing positive to mysteriously this morning 10 more players and Head Coach Chryst testing positive and all of a sudden game off. Wisconsin should have been on high alert after Mertz tested positive to let 12 more people catch COVID-19.

What really happened was Wisconsin was afraid of losing, pissed their pants, and bugged out. You know it, I know it, and fans of college football know it. What does that say about your program?
It’s pretty standard teams don’t announce positive Covid cases. There’s testing and validation testing. There’s not a conspiracy here, Badgers didn’t get extra Covid cases to stick it to Nebraska.

Perhaps the players were unsafe or perhaps it’s just bad luck, there have been a lot of games canceled this year. Nebraska should focus on trying to break .500 this year, between the current state of your program and schedule that seems unlikely.

It didn't take any special powers or foresight to predict this.

Your average third grader could have figured it out in less than 5 minutes.

If our conference administrators had a collective IQ higher than that, the BIG wouldn't be in this position (the first cancellation of many).

Reactions: WHCSC
It’s pretty standard teams don’t announce positive Covid cases. There’s testing and validation testing. There’s not a conspiracy here, Badgers didn’t get extra Covid cases to stick it to Nebraska.

Perhaps the players were unsafe or perhaps it’s just bad luck, there have been a lot of games canceled this year. Nebraska should focus on trying to break .500 this year, between the current state of your program and schedule that seems unlikely.

You do know that you have to play games to finish above .500.

Bottom line is Ducking us and gives Wisky another week to prepare for a game next week and the same players that can play next week could play Saturday...

Reactions: huskerfan1414

All your team had to do was follow the rules.

Vadgers not Badgers bro

Better go polish up all those national championship trophies you all have... oh wait.. I pity you and your fellow cheese curds.

Worry about yourself cheesehead and we’ll worry about us. Seems like a hotbed of COVID-19 up there. Until next year!

Covid sucks ass, perhaps the team or some a-hole didn’t follow the rules, they are 18-23 year olds. Wish we still had a game Saturday, looking forward to our game next year. I’m on your fan site so I deserve to get abused. Best of luck
I have no problem with Wisconsin at all. It feels like a natural rival quite honestly. That being said, if rules are changed next week and you guys are allowed to play kids that otherwise would not have been able to, I will lose all respect and probably fire-bomb every Wisconsin fan-site.

If you're gonna play a season at all, then at least stick to the rules you've put in place for this type of situation. Play the game or don't play at this season at all.

I know an early 20 year old kid that was the picture of health and was hospitalized for a week plus from covid-19 related complications. Fortunately, the kid should be okay in the long run. I likewise hope the Wisconsin kids that are sick heal up quickly.

I have no problem with canceling the season if large outbreaks start flaring up but they (coaches, kids, parents, administrators) knew this would happen and allegedly had plans on how to address it. If they aren't going to stick to those established protocols, then what's the point?

Play the game or don't bother playing at all and wasting everyone's time.

Reactions: shocksker
you keep posting anecdotal stories like this. An amazing story like that would surely be printed by some news organization given the nature of the news coverage of COVID. Could you share the link or copy and paste the article please for us to read?
People need to realize that young people have died of viruses. Every. Single. Year.

@Red I 73 he is saying you're full of garbage fyi.

It's amazing how many young healthy people he knows of that have died of COVID. My spouse who actually cares for COVID cases says that she knows of no deaths reported that fit his descriptions. I don't think this is the first one of these he's posted. I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I'm saying IF you come to this board with that kind of unlikely tale, you had better have some supporting literature which in a case such as that would be extremely easy to cite. The only young football player (who wasn't playing football at the time) that I know of who MIGHT have died from COVID was 6' tall and weighed 350. Even the report that he died of COVID though was denied by his family and school.

It's amazing how many young healthy people he knows of that have died of COVID. My spouse who actually cares for COVID cases says that she knows of no deaths reported that fit his descriptions. I don't think this is the first one of these he's posted. I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I'm saying IF you come to this board with that kind of unlikely tale, you had better have some supporting literature which in a case such as that would be extremely easy to cite. The only young football player (who wasn't playing football at the time) that I know of who MIGHT have died from COVID was 6' tall and weighed 350. Even the report that he died of COVID though was denied by his family and school.
I was just clarifying for him. Because we all know he's full of it. Winking

Not going to get into the veracity of the various anecdotal stories but when in the pandemic someone came down with Covid seems like an important detail. Outcomes have changed dramatically as we’ve learned more about how best to treat the disease. I would imagine that to be especially true for younger, healthier individuals.

The day Wisconsin showed its true colors.

He said something a week or two ago about teams looking for a way out being able to find them thanks to the way the B1G wrote the rules. Amazing after UW sets the schedule up exactly how they wanted it. Wisconsin now shoots up the charts as the most chicken**** team in America. They will never live this down.
My guess is they did it to stop testing. If they shut things down for a week and kids recover that is better than positive tests that require 21 days out. Wisconsin had they kept going could have hit red red and then lost players for so long they don’t hit the required 6 games.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Boy AWFULLY high on ourselves all of a sudden with the notion that Wisconsin would be scared of us. Are they not the team that has beat the holy shit out of us without needing an effective passing game going back to the Bo Pelini era?

We literally gave up an NCAA rushing record in 3 quarters to this team, let's just give it a rest with the idea that they gamed the system because they're scared. Nobody is scared of Nebraska any more, we have how many 4 win seasons lately? Hate that it's true, but it is.

The alternative is they come and give COVID to a bunch of our players and then the rest of our season is f***ed too, and we'd probably find a way to lose in the process on top of it. We'd be at the end of November sitting at 0-2 and wondering if we were gonna play again before the season ended.

Last edited:
Boy AWFULLY high on ourselves all of a sudden wit the notion that Wisconsin would be scared of us. Are they not the team that has beat the holy shit out of us without needing an effective passing game going back to the Bo Pelini era?

We literally gave up an NCAA rushing record in 3 quarters to this team, let's just give it a rest with the idea that they gamed the system because they're scared. Nobody is scared of Nebraska any more, we have how many 4 win seasons late? Hate that it's true, but it is.

The alternative is they come and give COVID to a bunch of our players and then the rest of our season is f***ed too, and we'd probably find a way to lose in the process on top of it. We'd be at the end of November sitting at 0-2 and wondering if we were gonna play again before the season ended.

Ok?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
So you know of one. You are the resident expert. Well even experts admit the font have all the information about covid. Just because I've had multiple experiences which you choose to discount doesn't mean that I haven't had the misfortune to be close to the experience. You are lucky you nor your wife know nothing about actual experiences with Covid to people you personally know.

We've done 141 million tests as a country. 9.1 million have tested positive at a pcr level that likely means many of those weren't even contagious - after 8 months of this charade. Cancelling a football game like this is ridiculous.

So you know of one. You are the resident expert. Well even experts admit the font have all the information about covid. Just because I've had multiple experiences which you choose to discount doesn't mean that I haven't had the misfortune to be close to the experience. You are lucky you nor your wife know nothing about actual experiences with Covid to people you personally know.
So...do you have that article?

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT