ADVERTISEMENT

Frost Postgame

I’ve been critical of our head man but let’s be appreciative for his passion and love for the state. I really hope Frost is the guy who gets us back.

It's been a damned tough year for everybody. We needed this win badly for the morale of the state and team. Frost's absolute burning desire to make NU great again is just one of the reasons I think he's the right guy for this job. This isn't about him getting a bigger contract or moving up to the NFL. This is where he wants to be and he'll work like nobody else will IMO to make this deal work. He's got at least 2 more years IMO to get us where we need to be.

It's been a damned tough year for everybody. We needed this win badly for the morale of the state and team. Frost's absolute burning desire to make NU great again is just one of the reasons I think he's the right guy for this job. This isn't about him getting a bigger contract or moving up to the NFL. This is where he wants to be and he'll work like nobody else will IMO to make this deal work. He's got at least 2 more years IMO to get us where we need to be.
Easy. Get a better QB, secure the ball and make special teams a priority and this is a winning team.

Easy. Get a better QB, secure the ball and make special teams a priority and this is a winning team.
THIS. Especially stop ignoring special teams like it's where you play your rejects that can't see the field otherwise.

No doubt Scott wants to win, I would never question his desire to win! But this coach “talk” doesn’t mean shit honestly. In 3 years we aren’t that much better than we were in 2018. Maybe the defense is a touch better but that’s about it.. The guy gets paid 5+ million dollars a year to figure it out and needs to do so sooner rather than later.

With all that being said, we’re gonna have to ride it out with Frost for better or worst, firing another coach ain’t it and just digs the hole we are in deeper!

Last edited:
One simple thing to start with. Frost must overhaul the way he conducts practice.

WAY too many mistakes and underachieving.

Reactions: oldjar07
Hopefully this year is what Frost needed to humble himself. I would have thought the we have a winnable game next week last year would have done it but it appears not This year has been a grind on everyone and you can tell this is obviously not what he envisioned he had for a team in the offseason. Hopefully he realizes the mistakees an attitude start with the leadership.

Reactions: WHCSC
shouldn’t have to look at a screen to express yourself. He gets zero sympathy from me. Dude is making millions to be a leader, I don’t see it In thought, word or deed.
He looked like he was genuinely upset, as he should be. I'd rather him look like a mope and tell the truth than the same old routine of him sugar coating everything and pretending we're one step away like he always does.

One simple thing to start with. Frost must overhaul the way he conducts practice.

WAY too many mistakes and underachieving.
This is really where it all starts. I've been saying this for a couple years now, but this team obviously doesn't practice as well as Frost thinks it does. If every practice looks like the best practice yet, you're doing something wrong. Practice is supposed to look ugly sometimes and bad practices happen if players are usually giving it their all but they slip up once in awhile. If practice looks the same each and every day, that's a bad sign.

Sounds like a guy who is maybe another losing season away from hopefully throwing in the towel. I don’t see next year being any better for him. It could very well be worse.
Got me looking at next year's schedule...

Aug 28: Illinois (Dublin)
Sep 4: Bye
Sep 11: vs. Buffalo
Sep 18: at Oklahoma
Sep 25: at Michigan State
Oct 2: vs. Ohio State
Oct 9: vs. Northwestern
Oct 16: at Purdue
Oct 23: Bye
Oct 30: vs. Michigan
Nov 6: vs. Iowa
Nov 13: vs. Southeastern Louisiana
Nov 20: vs. Wisconsin
Nov 26: at Minnesota

Just one home game before October, six in October/November.

HominidHusker Postgame:

I made some harsh comments last night about coach Frost. I still stand by all of it, as he’s been nothing but an objective failure here. There’s overwhelming evidence to speak to that.

The Win had more to do with Rutgers being awful. We lose that game against vast majority of other football teams. The inability to play a complete game is a perpetual problem.

HOWEVER, I think he’s a great man and I’ve wanted him to succeed more than anything. My harsh critiques have their layers of jest and are not an attack on his character. I still want him to succeed.

I also give credit where it’s due. I’m happy the team got it together to win, and I still see a lot of potential on the team despite many reservations.

Let’s steady the ship coach and stop the nonsense we’ve been subjected to.

Another asshole you are. Could you not give it a break for just the weekend. Take away the turnovers, which can be fixed and he played a hell of a game. His passes were accurate(about 80%) and his obvious leadership is under rated. Like some I think he is going to have another freshman year next year. His passing accuracy is vastly improved and he has the arm strength for the longer throws is there. What all of our QB's need is a new QB coach.

Reactions: headcard
Frost still has a few years, he just has to comprehend Nebraska isn't oregon or the florida team.
joe montana is not going to just popup..I'm not sure how to say it any clearer..

run da ball

everything after that will fall inline...but first

run (see webster)

da (see slang words)

ball (see webster)

no need to get into complex things about interceptions, clock controll, 4th quarter, keeping the defense from exhaustion, etc etc etc

run....da....ball

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
Another asshole you are. Could you not give it a break for just the weekend. Take away the turnovers, which can be fixed and he played a hell of a game. His passes were accurate(about 80%) and his obvious leadership is under rated. Like some I think he is going to have another freshman year next year. His passing accuracy is vastly improved and he has the arm strength for the longer throws is there. What all of our QB's need is a new QB coach.
Oh I’m an asshole because Adrian has as many turnovers in one game as TD’s he’s thrown all year. He misses or doesn’t even throw it to wide open receivers all time. Our special teams is a huge problem that costs us games, among other issues. If you can’t see these problems, I don’t know what to tell you.

No doubt Scott wants to win, I would never question his desire to win! But this coach “talk” doesn’t mean shit honestly. In 3 years we aren’t that much better than we were in 2018. Maybe the defense is a touch better but that’s about it.. The guy gets paid 5+ million dollars a year to figure it out and needs to do so sooner rather than later.

With all that being said, we’re gonna have to ride it out with Frost for better or worst, firing another coach ain’t it and just digs the hole we are in deeper!

you lost me at “maybe the defense is a touch better”

lol - “maybe”.

Maybe we'll have some COVID 20 concerns before a few of those games.

Do

starts with OL and.DL.... and identifying what kind of team he can realistically field-it baffles me watching replays of the 90’s team and how a powerful, fast team can dismantle a team. This stupid screens and hurry up RPO has been played out , and it doesn’t fit our regions style. I hope he’s not a stubborn jackass, but fear he is and wouldn’t listen to anybody- get Osborne on the phone for his opinion

Better not overlook Buffalo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT