ADVERTISEMENT

Frost only needed 6 wins to keep his job .

rcnut223

Junior
Apr 22, 2004
When the win total that Frost was required to obtain this year In order to keep job became public ( six) I lost faith in Trev and the Nebraska Administration .

In year 5 of Frosts tenure the requirement to keep his job he merely had to win enough games to make it to a bowl game. Are you kidding? Was That acceptable? Really ?

now that Frost is gone , I guess really doesn’t matter . But this was extremely disappointing to me .

Last edited:
You do know he was fired, right? He didn’t get to stick around to try and win six games.

So that wasn’t the win total required to keep his job, he was fired after three games. That was the win total that would get his original salary back, if he was retained.

You do know he was fired, right? He didn’t get to stick around to try and win six games.

So that wasn’t the win total required to keep his job, he was fired after three games. That was the win total that would get his original salary back, if he was retained.
After losing to Georgia Southern, the odds of Scott Frost getting to 6 wins was pretty slim.

Absolutely. But his firing also shows those metrics were meaningless and Trev was still going to do what he wanted.
It wasn't Trev's call. The boosters were the ones willing to pay the extra money to fire Frost, Trev was just doing what the boosters wanted.

Reactions: dpnavy
From what I’ve heard that is only partially true. Trev wanted him gone and when he had a booster to write the check for the extra $7.5M he had the green light.
I also think that the performance metric was to get Frost to agree to a reduced buyout. Frost would have never agreed to reduce his buyout without something in writing.

Which brings me to another point. I think Trev honestly wanted to fire Frost last season but some boosters still supported Frost, so the best thing Trev could do at the time was to get Frost to agree to a reduced buyout.

Imagine having enough money to say, "F--k it, I can't take this loser for 2 more weeks. Here's a check for $(insert number in millions)." Good times!
I've actually done that before.

The guy was giving my wife a hard time and wouldn't leave my house.

I came to an agreement with him to leave and not come back.

Wrote that check for $ 7.50 and haven't seen him since.

****ing vacuum cleaner salesman.

can we stfu about Frost now?

its like being the drunk at the bar that doesn't shut up about how crazy his ex was
It's interesting how those like yourself are so acceptive of SF F the football program and just want to quickly forget that when he is no longer in charge of F the program.

SF has yet accepted responsibility for the debacle he oversaw and until he does he deserves no consideration. He was paid $40M to suck

Why folks like yourself are happy to take it in the a.. I do not understand

Reactions: Minn1954
After that the loss to NW in Dublin, I wrote somewhere on this board along the lines of "How can we let him inside the walls of Memorial Stadium again?" ... Two weeks later he was fired.

Now, I hope he never comes back to Memorial Stadium unless he is here to apologize to all of us fans and to donate at least half the money he stole back to the University.

After that the loss to NW in Dublin, I wrote somewhere on this board along the lines of "How can we let him inside the walls of Memorial Stadium again?" ... Two weeks later he was fired.

Now, I hope he never comes back to Memorial Stadium unless he is here to apologize to all of us fans and to donate at least half the money he stole back to the University.
Scott Frost didn't steal any money. Bill Moos gifted it to him.

Scott Frost didn't steal any money. Bill Moos gifted it to him.
To be fair, a lot of us Husker fans, thought he was the answer to bringing the Huskers back! We thought he was something as a coach and we found out after 4yrs, that he wasn't! I thought he could recruit, plan and build us back to respectability! I was wrong! Yes, there were a large amount of sports people, who didn't believe! I tip my hat! I'm more sad than mad!

Reactions: bshirt73
When the win total that Frost was required to obtain this year In order to keep job became public ( six) I lost faith in Trev and the Nebraska Administration .

In year 5 of Frosts tenure the requirement to keep his job he merely had to win enough games to make it to a bowl game. Are you kidding? Was That acceptable? Really ?

now that Frost is gone , I guess really doesn’t matter . But this was extremely disappointing to me .
It is really pathetic that in year 5 Frost only had to win 6 games. The guy had a really low bar to clear and couldn’t even do that.

Frost should move to Arizona with his millions, change his name, and live a private life in shame. What a loser.

To be fair, a lot of us Husker fans, thought he was the answer to bringing the Huskers back! We thought he was something as a coach and we found out after 4yrs, that he wasn't! I thought he could recruit, plan and build us back to respectability! I was wrong! Yes, there were a large amount of sports people, who didn't believe! I tip my hat! I'm more sad than mad!
Cool! 😉

If it took you 4 years to understand that Scott Frost was an arrogant fraud, then you know nothing about football and leadership.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
It is really pathetic that in year 5 Frost only had to win 6 games. The guy had a really low bar to clear and couldn’t even do that.

Frost should move to Arizona with his millions, change his name, and live a private life in shame. What a loser.
The six win metric was simply to get Frost to agree to a reduced buyout. It didn't mean Trev was happy with just 6 wins this season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT