ADVERTISEMENT

Frost never stood a chance with Trev

Had UNL hired an actual AD with football experience Frost would have had a better chance. But they hired a guy known for destroying programs and now we are confused?
If we hired another AD Scott would have been gone last year. Results were way worse than Riley or Callahan.

If Moos had been doing his job he would not have added a contract extension and in year 3 he would have been on Scott fir a lack of performance.
From the beginning , Scott and his assistants were being out coached (game plans, adjustments) , making poor in game decisions , displaying bad clock management along , recruiting issues, roster management problems etc

Moos had to see this, heck he had to turn a blind eye to what was going on. After all it was on display weekly .

He was born in Iowa. He isn’t a Nebraska guy. He was talking to people about replacing frost since last season. Why is everyone so sure trev is the angel he is made out to be. Listen to the ESPN stories from when he was there.
Where was Charlie McBride born? I dare you to tell Suh that he’s not a “true” Husker. Your premise is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on this board

I would wager that Riley would have had a better win loss than loss in the same period. I bet he'd be at least 500. Frost ran this program into the biggest tree he could find.
he did'nt get blown out much...
I remeber when leech hanged 70 on us

If Moos had been doing his job he would not have added a contract extension and in year 3 he would have been on Scott fir a lack of performance.
From the beginning , Scott and his assistants were being out coached (game plans, adjustments) , making poor in game decisions , displaying bad clock management along , recruiting issues, roster management problems etc

Moos had to see this, heck he had to turn a blind eye to what was going on. After all it was on display weekly .
While I agree, that is what Moos was hired to do.

He was always hired to get Frost and then do nothing. He was never going to get a chance to make another football hire, he was never going to be able to fire frost and hire a new guy. He knew it and I think for the most part, we knew it.

The plan was simple...get Frost to come here and assume that since "a drunk monkey can win 9 games at NU" that it would basically be on autopilot. Frost would win 9 games each year...some seasons he would have a super easy non-con and easy cross over games...and he would get to 10 or 11 wins and everyone would be happy.

Where was Charlie McBride born? I dare you to tell Suh that he’s not a “true” Husker. Your premise is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on this board
Didn't Chin's play for Iowa? I think I have solved the OP's mysterious plant inside the inner circle. Chins did it! He caused native son Scott Frost to get fired!

Frosts inner circle is spreading some pretty damning stories on how Trev operates. Basically Trev has wanted Scott gone since last year and has been contacting people before Ireland about the job. he was set up to fail once Trev became AD to get his guy in. This doesn’t seem to be ending pretty.
This is not true at all. I think Trev is a failure but he gave Frost every chance to win games and it didn't happen

"I think Trev made the right call, he needed to do it, it took so much courage, leadership and vision, I think the entire state owes Trev a handshake, a pat on the back and a big thank you"

Matt Davison during the OU broadcast (probably)

Frosts inner circle is spreading some pretty damning stories on how Trev operates. Basically Trev has wanted Scott gone since last year and has been contacting people before Ireland about the job. he was set up to fail once Trev became AD to get his guy in. This doesn’t seem to be ending pretty.
Hey, Stan. Are you Scott's biggest fan? Did you get Frost's autograph? I heard he wrote for you on a Starter cap.

I would wager that Riley would have had a better win loss than loss in the same period. I bet he'd be at least 500. Frost ran this program into the biggest tree he could find.
Yep. It sucks, but facts are facts. I was super pumped because I thought he might actually be the guy when we hired him. Thought we were going to get a Oregon Offense but more with heavy downhill running game and big time physicality. For as much as Frost jerked off Duval, we seem to be softer than the Riley years which is disappointing.

He had 4+ years to win more games than he lost... He also has the label of losing more games than anyone in NU history... MAYBE this is why he lost his job???? God forbid he is held accountable for his piss poor performance!!!!!!!!!! Maybe this is why TA had it in for him??? Don't want your AD calling potential coaches?? Win games!!

Frost arrogance was his undoing, there is a long list of why he failed almost to numerous to write down. But go back to the number one thing his arrogance instead of being humble and quietly confident he tried to buffalo people and player with his demeanor and talking but the players actually caught on fairly fast. Then you can see why on the field results were what they were

...he was set up to fail once Trev became AD to get his guy in. This doesn’t seem to be ending pretty.
Frost's motto is 'No Fear Of Failure'.

Which was actually ahead of it's time. Now the media fully embraces 'The Courage To Fail' mindset. Simone Biles, etc...

While I agree, that is what Moos was hired to do.

He was always hired to get Frost and then do nothing. He was never going to get a chance to make another football hire, he was never going to be able to fire frost and hire a new guy. He knew it and I think for the most part, we knew it.

The plan was simple...get Frost to come here and assume that since "a drunk monkey can win 9 games at NU" that it would basically be on autopilot. Frost would win 9 games each year...some seasons he would have a super easy non-con and easy cross over games...and he would get to 10 or 11 wins and everyone would be happy.
This. I hate the extension and the reasoning behind it, but at his age and that point in his career, Moos was never going to hire another coach. He must have decided to go all in on Frost. His one mistake: he trusted the guy.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
People turned on Moos for no reason. Dude was an old school AD and did it all right.

Hired the two coaches we all wanted...and left them the **** alone.
Well, the man missed a lot of work himself so leaving them alone was his only option.

This. I hate the extension and the reasoning behind it, but at his age and that point in his career, Moos was never going to hire another coach. He must have decided to go all in on Frost. His one mistake: he trusted the guy.
Ha...Right?

You know Moos was thinking this

"Okay, I hire Frost, I get him to come to NU and I am a hero...then Frost wins 9-10-11 games and I sit there giving him fat extensions while I get fat extensions and for the most part, my work is done. I just need to be around during football season and the rest of the year is like a vacation."

He knew, he was a part of the frat boyz

Go 9-3 and not 3-9 and the athletic director is irrevelant
What if they win a national championship? And the athletic director locks the doors to your locker room so you can’t even retrieve your stuff? Is the AD playing chess or is he just a sleezeball?

Frost failed, but in time we will learn Trev Alberts is the same type. A guy who worked at ESPN couldn’t wait for him to be gone. Christian Bale type stuff he said. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trev is gone in 2 years.

He was born in Iowa. He isn’t a Nebraska guy. He was talking to people about replacing frost since last season. Why is everyone so sure trev is the angel he is made out to be. Listen to the ESPN stories from when he was there.
Nothing compared to the stories we hear about your hot tub reach around buddy.

If that’s from his inner circle, it’s laughable but not surprising. Once again, everyone but Frost is to blame for Frost’s failures.
And they paid him $15M when he could have waited a few weeks to save money, Frost should be grateful, he was put out of his misery and still cashed in.

Given what is coming out about Frost, it would seem your base of fact is at best, shaky.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT