ADVERTISEMENT

Frost most likely to be fired

Frost will be here in 2022. Book it. I’d start to believe some hot seat talk next year if they have another 4-8 type season.

Let’s see what happens Saturday. Nebraska starts 3-0 there is a chance to get to 8 wins, maybe more. Looking forward to a good season, at some point we need to stop starting over every 3-5 years.
Agree; however, there has to be something you can hang your hat on - something that gives you hope about the future. Does the team play better as the season progresses? Did the team progressively get better from years 1 to 2, and then from 2 to 3? Does the team play consistently mistake-free football? Does the team have an identify?

If you can't honestly answer 'yes' to any of those questions, then I think Trev Alberts' decision will have been made for him.

Punctuation is key.

Is this sentence implying that the firing of Frost appears to be imminent? That this event, most likely, will be taking place.

Or is it implying that out of the list of coaches on the hot seat, Frost has the best odds of getting fired? Frost is the most likely coach to lose his job.
It has to be the latter. He knows he has to win. Frost has underperformed

Harbaugh should be canned with cause. To do so little with so much.
that's why I said hot water with 6 wins, to appease the fans who think we should win the NC every other year.
I remember waiting from 1971 to 1994 for a NC.
Just stop with the excuses. TO couldn't beat OU and people wanted him fired. SF can't get to .500 and people want him fired. Not the same thing.

If NU is 3-1 after the OU game I think Frost is in pretty good shape to keep his job.
If NU is 2-2 after the OU game things are really dicey and depending on the NCAA investigation he may not make it to Oct. 1 but probably gets a wait and see how the season ends.
If NU is 1-3 he definitely doesn't see Oct. 1

The real question is who would take the job? Cambell might be the biggest name that would consider it and that is only if things progress towards ISU being a G6 program. Outside of that it will be taking a chance on either a G6/FCS hot name or a coordinator from a second tier P5 program.

Been one of the most ironic things for me to this point. I understand Frost's baby is the Oregon spread, but he's also the Nebraska option Husker Power QB. In a conference where the main thing is Run the Damn Ball, bland, smash mouth offense (minus Ohio State), he has chosen to run the pass happy spread, while more often than not, the winner of the West runs something similar to what he ran as a player, and thinks it's out dated.......just horrifically ironic to me
Short sighted. The teams that line up and play smash mouth really only beat weaker teams. Penn St is more spread than power, Michigan plays a style that is more current day Alabama than current day Wisconsin.

Ohio state or Michigan. There is no logical reason he should/would volunteer to take over another rebuild for 3-5 years just to leave again if Ryan Day leaves tOSU for the NFL. Idk why someone other than a alum would volunteer for this kind of fish bowl
We’re not quite there yet, but there’s a scenario that may not be too far off that has a coach come in with relatively little in terms of expectations. I mean really, what would make the fan base happy at this point? Clean competitive football is all it will take. That seems easier said than done at this point, but my point remains. That white hot spotlight on the Nebraska football head coaching position in cooling.

For all the Matt Campbell conversation…
As far as where will he coach (somebody mentioned Michigan) and somebody says he is afraid to leave ISU because he is a coward, etc…
Campbell has been quoted saying his two dream jobs are ND & OSU. He grew up in Ohio and was a ND fan.
This past offseason there was speculation that he would take the Texas job or maybe Michigan if they reached out. According to multiple sources he said he was not interested in the Texas job & he wasn’t interested in Michigan reaching out.

Dennis Dodd, on his Sirius XM show, said he spoke to multiple people with Matt Campbell, (and hinted Campbell was one of the people he spoke to), and said the following; “sources are saying Matt Campbell is not interested in Texas the two jobs he wants is Ohio State or Notre Dame. He also said Matt Campbell would not take the Michigan job.”
Others have since disputed Dodd’s claim that Campbell would not coach at Michigan, but agree he would choose ND & OSU over Michigan.

We’re not quite there yet, but there’s a scenario that may not be too far off that has a coach come in with relatively little in terms of expectations. I mean really, what would make the fan base happy at this point? Clean competitive football is all it will take. That seems easier said than done at this point, but my point remains. That white hot spotlight on the Nebraska football head coaching position in cooling.
Expectations would be not quite Frost 2018 tall, but still kinda tall if Matt Campbell rolled into town

For all the Matt Campbell conversation…
As far as where will he coach (somebody mentioned Michigan) and somebody says he is afraid to leave ISU because he is a coward, etc…
Campbell has been quoted saying his two dream jobs are ND & OSU. He grew up in Ohio and was a ND fan.
This past offseason there was speculation that he would take the Texas job or maybe Michigan if they reached out. According to multiple sources he said he was not interested in the Texas job & he wasn’t interested in Michigan reaching out.

Dennis Dodd, on his Sirius XM show, said he spoke to multiple people with Matt Campbell, (and hinted Campbell was one of the people he spoke to), and said the following; “sources are saying Matt Campbell is not interested in Texas the two jobs he wants is Ohio State or Notre Dame. He also said Matt Campbell would not take the Michigan job.”
Others have since disputed Dodd’s claim that Campbell would not coach at Michigan, but agree he would choose ND & OSU over Michigan.
Spot on. tOSU could be ripe for the taking in 2022. I do not know of Day's ambitions except that being a very good coach in the NFL might be easier than the coach of the top NCAA program that isn't getting it done in terms of national championships.

It has to be the latter. He knows he has to win. Frost has underperformed

Harbaugh should be canned with cause. To do so little with so much.

Just stop with the excuses. TO couldn't beat OU and people wanted him fired. SF can't get to .500 and people want him fired. Not the same thing.
if I remember right dr. tom took over a team in a bit better shape then mike riley had

Reactions: scarletred
If MC does not want a "high profile" job, then wouldn't Nebraska be perfect for him? Given that they are years away from sniffing even the top-25?
wow. hilarious! must be that cyclone education. what a huge brain you must have!

no - campbell would crawl up his own asshole seconds after taking a big job since the level of scrutiny he'd face after 10 minutes in a real football program would far surpass anything he's seen combined in his time patrolling the sidelines in your empty stadium/town.

If/when qNebraska does fire Frost and gets yet another coach. It would be a good idea for Osborne to not be involved in any way. I have a feeling that he has had quite a bit of influence on all recent hires. He may have had success in coaching but needs to stay away now and uninvolved.

If/when qNebraska does fire Frost and gets yet another coach. It would be a good idea for Osborne to not be involved in any way. I have a feeling that he has had quite a bit of influence on all recent hires. He may have had success in coaching but needs to stay away now and uninvolved.
No F’ing way did TO have any influence on the Mike Riley hire..

Hoowdy Doodie took over the AD position from TO and Eichorst gave Alvarez a jingle asking him who he would consider…😡

Reactions: mgbreis
if I remember right dr. tom took over a team in a bit better shape then mike riley had
Frost will be fired not because he was not Tom Osborne. But rather, because he is Scott Frost. Stop blaming Riley for his .375 record. He's been awful. Pandemic or not. Every team had to deal with COVID-19, not just Scott Frost.

Last edited:
Frost will be fired not because he was not Tom Osborne. But rather, because he is Scott Frost. Stop blaming Riley for his .375 record. He's been awful. Pandemic or not. Every team had to deal with COVID-19, not just Scott Frost.
3 years, one of which was a weird covid year, building from the ground up. Okay, that's behind us. He has to win a minimum of six games this year or I want him fired.

Reactions: mgbreis
Ohio state or Michigan. There is no logical reason he should/would volunteer to take over another rebuild for 3-5 years just to leave again if Ryan Day leaves tOSU for the NFL. Idk why someone other than a alum would volunteer for this kind of fish bowl
I just meant he’d move soon..:to Lincoln????? No clue but if he has Michigan looking, yep he’d choose them.

Agreed this is his team now but last year wasn’t the normal season and needed the spring practice with such a young squad..

TO never had to rebuild like SF had to taking over from Riley’s mess, but I‘ll leave it at that..

I'm not a frost cheerleader, but I want to see him do good..if he does bad he's gone, but I don't want to be like an emotional freak, who wants to can folks without giving them a proper chance.

a lot of teams never get good cause they fire fire fire..and good luck getting a good coach if you can coaches for a couple rebuilding years

I'm a long time fan of Coaches' Hot Seat 🔥

Screenshot-20210825-165053-Chrome.jpg

Considering you could make a decent argument he’s one of the worst…if not the worst HC in the Big Ten this should surprise nobody.

Topple on all the rumors about him going around Lincoln it’s hard to imagine him turning this around.

Don't get it twisted with Trev being the AD, he's not there to be a Frost Guy Ride or Die. Trev has his own pride in the program and he had a huge hand in pushing NU from "very good' to "juggernaut" in the mid 90s. He clearly has expectations about how that all needs to be done and he won't allow an embarrassing product in perpetuity just because Scott has a ring.
You bring up a good point about Trev.. and that can pay dividends for the program, just because he knows 'people'.. from top to bottom in both college and the NFL, including broadcasting. I believe his rolodex alone would be impressive and he would have no trouble finding another great coach to come in here, IF he were to let Frost go. I do not believe it would be an embarrassing or lengthy coaching search like a few AD's of the past.

I hope Frost turns it around but I remain skeptical of it happening. I truly hope to be wrong as I'd love to him turn it around and not waste another decade trying to get good football back in Lincoln.

That said, unless it's egregious, I hope they don't fire a coach mid-season. Let the season play out, evaluate the entirety of it and then let a decision be made. Mid-seasons firing only leave open the possibility of a team rebounding with an interim coach and potentially being stuck with the interim head coach.

I personally feel frost should get a 5th unless he puts a terrible product on the field. 6 games would be fine with me. It would be interesting to see what he does in the post-AM era. If Trev does go the other way, I pray the coach has a scheme that aligns with our existing players. That just adds 2-3 years of painful exodus and desperate recruiting

that being said frost looks extremely unhappy and uncomfortable. Can’t say I blame him with the personal BS folks are insinuating about his off field life, and what I interpret to be the admins leak of these infractions, sending frost the message “ you better win or else we’re firing you with no golden parachute”

Start at 4 minutes. Only 2 plays but it's there
seeing AM stand flat-footed in the pocket on every single play is vomit-inducing

since when is that anything resembling footwork? no wonder the kid's the worst rated passer from a clean pocket in the league

you play how you practice

peyton manning is rolling in his hall of fame jacket

I agree. Which only underscores the deep pickle we are in. We don’t want to fire Frost and then have to hire a nobody coach or an unproven coordinator which is what would most likely happen. No successful coach whose career is on the upswing would take this job. We could open the wallet I suppose and offer a proven coach an absurd amount of money but even that is no guarantee they would take the job. Because there are plenty of other schools out there with deep pockets too. Deeper than ours. I am sure Alberts is well aware of this and wants Frost to succeed this year so he isn't forced to fire him. He knows the trouble he would have in finding a great coach out there willing to take the job. That is what Eichorst found out after he fired Pelini. He had to settle for Riley since I am sure his first choices turned him down. And if Riley was his guy all along then it only proves what an idiot he was. So anyone on here who is secretly hoping for Frost to fail in the silly hope that there is "the next great Nebraska coach" just sitting out there waiting for an offer is crazy.
He was an idiot
Been one of the most ironic things for me to this point. I understand Frost's baby is the Oregon spread, but he's also the Nebraska option Husker Power QB. In a conference where the main thing is Run the Damn Ball, bland, smash mouth offense (minus Ohio State), he has chosen to run the pass happy spread, while more often than not, the winner of the West runs something similar to what he ran as a player, and thinks it's out dated.......just horrifically ironic to me
maybe he’s trying to prove he can coach a passing team better than his failed attempt at being a passing Qb at Stanford, idk, some people focus on their faults instead of their strengths. I hate the “cute” plays he calls on goal line situations, wish he would hire an analyst to just text him in those situations, hey u dumbf$ck, just run a dive with a fb lead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT