ADVERTISEMENT

Frost most likely to be fired

Capt.Bones

Sep 10, 2018
Nebraska
https://www.sportsline.com/cfb/news...rost-michigans-jim-harbaugh-on-hottest-seats/

another read
Scott Frost – 12-20 entering Year 4

No school has been as defiantly committed to paying egregious buyouts as Nebraska, where the cash giveaways to departed coaches have been the athletic department’s most relevant claim to fame for the past decade. The school spent nearly $28 million in buyout money over a 15-year span, according to reports last year.

Since then, Nebraska has even shown a rare commitment to paying the people who are paying the wrong people. Former AD Bill Moos was allowed to walk away with $3 million after – cough, cough, cough – retiring from his job. Giveaways are practically part of the school’s muscle memory.

Nebraska certainly appears ready to part ways with Frost and, potentially, engage in a protracted legal battle to lessen his $20 million buyout. The news coming out via the Action Network that the NCAA is investigating Nebraska for holding illegal workouts and illicit use of analysts doesn’t bode well in any way for Frost, who is 9-17 in Big Ten play.

Frost getting dragged in front of the media by new athletic director Trev Alberts to address the story is also a bad sign. Frost is chilly even in good moments, and his temperament will be closely watched this year.

During Frost’s time at Nebraska, the program has failed to establish anything close to an identity. There’s been far more misses than hits, including a home loss to Troy, and losses to Ohio State by an average of 38 points the past two years.

If Nebraska loses its Week 0 opener at Illinois, it’s hard to see Frost surviving until Christmas. Frost also can’t let Nebraska get run off the field in its final three games – Ohio State, at Wisconsin and Iowa. (Nebraska lost 115-58 combined the last time it faced each.)

Bottom line: Any manufactured optimism for this season appeared to exit with the potential NCAA issues. Alberts was brought in for a reason, and continuing the status quo of irrelevance wasn’t one of them.https://sports.yahoo.com/2021-colle...ches-facing-win-or-else-season-033254061.html

Last edited:
Punctuation is key.

Is this sentence implying that the firing of Frost appears to be imminent? That this event, most likely, will be taking place.

Or is it implying that out of the list of coaches on the hot seat, Frost has the best odds of getting fired? Frost is the most likely coach to lose his job.

Campbell isnt going anywhere. Especially to the dumpster fire that is Nebraska football.
I agree. Which only underscores the deep pickle we are in. We don’t want to fire Frost and then have to hire a nobody coach or an unproven coordinator which is what would most likely happen. No successful coach whose career is on the upswing would take this job. We could open the wallet I suppose and offer a proven coach an absurd amount of money but even that is no guarantee they would take the job. Because there are plenty of other schools out there with deep pockets too. Deeper than ours. I am sure Alberts is well aware of this and wants Frost to succeed this year so he isn't forced to fire him. He knows the trouble he would have in finding a great coach out there willing to take the job. That is what Eichorst found out after he fired Pelini. He had to settle for Riley since I am sure his first choices turned him down. And if Riley was his guy all along then it only proves what an idiot he was. So anyone on here who is secretly hoping for Frost to fail in the silly hope that there is "the next great Nebraska coach" just sitting out there waiting for an offer is crazy.

Campbell can see what’s on the horizon for isu. He can see past what will be good year this year for him. After this year is actually perfect time for him to move. Question is where
Ohio state or Michigan. There is no logical reason he should/would volunteer to take over another rebuild for 3-5 years just to leave again if Ryan Day leaves tOSU for the NFL. Idk why someone other than a alum would volunteer for this kind of fish bowl

should win 8 games,
probably win 7,
frost in hot water with 6 wins,
5 wins = campbell from isu
All you guys that want Cambell can forget it. Is he a great coach? Maybe. We will see after this year when an SEC team gives him 5-6 million. WAY more talent. WAY more competition. I am not sold yet.

Campbell isnt going anywhere. Especially to the dumpster fire that is Nebraska football.

Isn't going anywhere? The guy isn’t exactly at a destination job, guarantee he would jump for a number of jobs (unfortunately Nebraska isn’t one of them right now).

Reactions: Jhollenbeck41
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Favorites to be first Big Ten football coach fired/leave position

• Scott Frost +150
  • Jim Harbaugh +300
  • Jeff Brohm +400
  • Mike Locksley +700
  • Kirk Ferentz +1000
  • James Franklin +1200
  • Mel Tucker +1500
Okay, let the games, bets and season begin!

Hmm 🤔
Well I will say this as someone who has a PennState degree and a 34 years season ticket holder. Outside of last year’s Covid disaster, which James owned. He is in absolutely no danger of losing his job. Period

Now on to Scott, my business partner is a N graduate. We’re also been season ticket holders, now in year 3 of a 10 year lease of a west side suite at Memorial. Having met Scott, if you can find anyone that’s more driven to return N to national prominence then him. I’d be interested to hear from you. The Lincoln media should be ashamed of themselves!

Hmm 🤔
Well I will say this as someone who has a PennState degree and a 34 years season ticket holder. Outside of last year’s Covid disaster, which James owned. He is in absolutely no danger of losing his job. Period

Now on to Scott, my business partner is a N graduate. We’re also been season ticket holders, now in year 3 of a 10 year lease of a west side suite at Memorial. Having met Scott, if you can find anyone that’s more driven to return N to national prominence then him. I’d be interested to hear from you. The Lincoln media should be ashamed of themselves!
To be honest, as a 28 year old die hard fan who really only genuinely a few things in life to come true, this being one of them, is my opinion on that if he fails in the next year or 2 or 3, I think the program simply stays idle where it is for the rest of time. I simply don't think there's another coach out there who, even for all the money in the world, would take on this rebuild and voluntarily face the criticism from this absolutely rabid fan base starved for anything good.

I know money talks, but using common sense, there's just no one who cares enough I don't think to voluntarily take on this kind of pressure in order to maybe produce enough wins to keep anyone happy. It's Scott or none for me at this point.

should win 8 games,
probably win 7,
agree with this, but he could win 5 and he is still here I think, and Campbell, I don't think he comes here unless we throw insane money at him.

Hmm 🤔

I love "drive," and I also love discipline, commitment, humility, and leadership.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I hate to put so much emphasis on just one game, but because of the job he's done to date, if he does get his shit pushed in this Saturday, he will most likely be the first fired. I think that is a very fair and reasonable opinion.

I’m with ya. I usually would never say game 1 is a must win, but this is the exception. Frost’s first year our team showed the ability to get better as the season went along. Years 2&3.. not so much. Game 1 is a must win.

I’m glad betting websites making our hiring and firing decisions
Gambling site trolls B1G which just happens to have the first game of the season for college football in a few days..... People are so gullible. Promotion job #1 = get somebody to notice you. Mission accomplished. I wonder how many clicks this generated along with new gambling customers?

Reactions: OO Snipes
To be honest, as a 28 year old die hard fan who really only genuinely a few things in life to come true, this being one of them, is my opinion on that if he fails in the next year or 2 or 3, I think the program simply stays idle where it is for the rest of time. I simply don't think there's another coach out there who, even for all the money in the world, would take on this rebuild and voluntarily face the criticism from this absolutely rabid fan base starved for anything good.

I know money talks, but using common sense, there's just no one who cares enough I don't think to voluntarily take on this kind of pressure in order to maybe produce enough wins to keep anyone happy. It's Scott or none for me at this point.
Completely disagree. There are plenty of guys out there that think they could make us a consistent winner, especially with our new facilities. We should always expect a top 20 team, and should often expect a top 10 type team. Not impossible expectations. You use the word "voluntary," but they would be paid a truck-load of money, nothing voluntary about it, and the bar, now, is quite low. Just winning 7 games is enough to get people excited, so whoever the next coach is shouldn't feel much pressure for a couple years at a minimum, not to mention I think the talent level at this point isn't bad, just need the right person. Caring about Nebraska doesn't have much to do with it.

Let’s see what happens Saturday. Nebraska starts 3-0 there is a chance to get to 8 wins, maybe more. Looking forward to a good season, at some point we need to stop starting over every 3-5 years.
that's true, it usually takes 5 years to turn a program around...except when your the losingest college football team in the ncaa, like k-state in the 80's they gave snyder more time then that.

frost really only has 2 1/2 years so far with the covid stuff.

Reactions: OO Snipes
If we having a losing season
should win 8 games,
probably win 7,
We have one of the hardest schedules according to ESPN FPI and we should win 8 games? If we win 6 and make a bowl Frost is safe another year. And as stated above Campbell isn't going anywhere.. Hasn't he already turned down jobs and more $$$??

Luke Fickell would be about the only person I'd be ok going out and getting at this point and even that is a risk. Frost wants this thing turned around more than anyone in the country, give him til end of 2022 before we start the coaching carousel again.

Reactions: ADV1
I still give 2020 a wash... IMHO There's just too many variables to consider it anything other and that's not just for Nebraska... I still feel like this is our real Year 3 with him so let's call it year 3.5

I see markable increases in Talent, Size & Speed... all of which "should" start paying off...

Honestly, up until the recent accusations I was feeling pretty good about this year.... I do think this could potentially play on his psyche which could swing us the wrong direction so we'll have to wait & see...

So with all that, no, I still don't think this is a fireable year unless we completely fail with a worse record or if they find out something so egregious in the NCAA investigation that can't be overlooked

Reactions: dinglefritz
If we having a losing season

We have one of the hardest schedules according to ESPN FPI and we should win 8 games? If we win 6 and make a bowl Frost is safe another year. And as stated above Campbell isn't going anywhere.. Hasn't he already turned down jobs and more $$$??

Luke Fickell would be about the only person I'd be ok going out and getting at this point and even that is a risk. Frost wants this thing turned around more than anyone in the country, give him til end of 2022 before we start the coaching carousel again.
that's why I said hot water with 6 wins, to appease the fans who think we should win the NC every other year.
I remember waiting from 1971 to 1994 for a NC.

Reactions: tjlSker90
Isn't going anywhere? The guy isn’t exactly at a destination job, guarantee he would jump for a number of jobs (unfortunately Nebraska isn’t one of them right now).
Matt campbell is a coward who wants nothing to do with a high profile job.

Ames is a perfect destination for him, especially after they vastly underperform expectations this year.

We’d do better by folding our football program than hiring him

Completely disagree. There are plenty of guys out there that think they could make us a consistent winner, especially with our new facilities. We should always expect a top 20 team, and should often expect a top 10 type team. Not impossible expectations. You use the word "voluntary," but they would be paid a truck-load of money, nothing voluntary about it, and the bar, now, is quite low. Just winning 7 games is enough to get people excited, so whoever the next coach is shouldn't feel much pressure for a couple years at a minimum, not to mention I think the talent level at this point isn't bad, just need the right person. Caring about Nebraska doesn't have much to do with it.
Fair

I agree that a new coach would have no problem "turning things around" with the roster Frost has in place now. The problem could be though as always is QB. IMO, that has been the single most important factor in our problems. I have ZERO doubt that better QB play would have given us winning seasons for the last 3 years. No doubt. Frost bears that burden.

That said, how many players transfer if you fire Frost? What makes you think the next guy is going to bring in a competent QB? IMO, barring a complete melt down this year, I think we would be EXTREMELY foolish to can Frost. Meh. We're going to win 8 this year. Problem solved.

Disagree. The right coach can get us to respectability in 2 years.

Frost has recruited well. I am concerned about the mental errors and lack of development. I think he's too much of a players coach and not enough of a hard ass. I hope he turns a corner this year. Do not want to start over with a new coach.

Gambling site trolls B1G which just happens to have the first game of the season for college football in a few days..... People are so gullible. Promotion job #1 = get somebody to notice you. Mission accomplished. I wonder how many clicks this generated along with new gambling customers?
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l0HlLuie9uqpRwwwg" width="480" height="330" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Gambling sites during football season

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT