ADVERTISEMENT

Frost left 7.5 million on the table

Through the same person that knew Hoiberg was talking to Nebraska 6 weeks prior to his hiring.
So if Trev talked to Herman, what does that mean? I'll answer it for you. Nothing unless he ends up being the new OC. Nebraska wasn't looking to hire Herman as our head coach.

So if Trev talked to Herman, what does that mean? I'll answer it for you. Nothing unless he ends up being the new OC. Nebraska wasn't looking to hire Herman as our head coach.
Alberts was guaging interest and he called Herman. Herman told him he wasn’t interested in the Nebraska job. Herman won’t be an OC anywhere except maybe a Bama or NFL gig

Alberts was guaging interest and he called Herman. Herman told him he wasn’t interested in the Nebraska job. Herman won’t be an OC anywhere except maybe a Bama or NFL gig
Herman is an analyst for the freaking Bears. He would take the OC job at a number of schools. Given Frost's tenuous situation he might not be willing to take the Nebraska OC job. It is unlikely that a blueblood P5 football program is going to offer Tom Herman a head coaching job.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Herman is an analyst for the freaking Bears. He would take the OC job at a number of schools. Given Frost's tenuous situation he might not be willing to take the Nebraska OC job. It is unlikely that a blueblood P5 football program is going to offer Tom Herman a head coaching job.
Maybe not a blue blood but Nebraska was looking at him

He wasn’t getting fired regardless. Your AD reached out to 3-4 coaches to gauge interest and there was no interest among them at this point so he was able to get Frost cheaper going forward with hopes that the market would be better after next season. That was not a bad move by Alberts.
Look who's back. What kind of loser spends time on another teams message board.

And your team has never been a top program. Some people mistakenly thought you might be a top 10 program this year.
Year is not over yet, and no one said ISU ever was a top program. Your poster claimed Neb was a blue blood and that simply isn’t the case, and the B10 made that perfectly clear last year.

Year is not over yet, and no one said ISU ever was a top program. Your poster claimed Neb was a blue blood and that simply isn’t the case, and the B10 made that perfectly clear last year.
You are so out of touch with reality. Yes Nebraska is down right now similar to the way OU was down for a while but NU will be back and you will still be......ISU. I wonder what conference you'll be in 3 years from now. I'm guessing you'll be playing a lot of midweek games like the MAC does. Geezus man. Get a life. I defend ISU most times but then you come over here and start talking sh##. Get lost.

Not like we didn’t just have this discussion about Nebraska’s place as a blue blood.

I’m gonna let pundits determine if Nebraska is a blue blood or not, not someone from Iowa. Whether a Hawkeye fan or a cyclone fan, they don’t know crap about cfb history.

Reactions: scarletred
OP actin like Frost had a choice. If he didn’t take a restructure, Scott would’ve been fired and maybe never have another shot at a program like Nebraska. His ego has been stripped clean and he made the right decision for millions of reasons. Good on him. GBR.

Yah, Scott is set for life either way. He doesn't need the 20 million and despite what folks say here, Frost will have a long career in football until he decides he wants to walk away. If Phil "Elmo" Elmaissan can do it for like 40 years, Frost surely can. He may not be HC at a blue blood, but he'll have a long and fulfilling career.

At some point doing what you want to do is worth more than the money. If Frost really wants to make it work here, then obviously he was going to restructure and not put his food down and force Trev to fire him and hand him a check.

OP actin like Frost had a choice. If he didn’t take a restructure, Scott would’ve been fired and maybe never have another shot at a program like Nebraska. His ego has been stripped clean and he made the right decision for millions of reasons. Good on him. GBR.
actually he had 20 million choices

ADVERTISEMENT