ADVERTISEMENT

Frost left 7.5 million on the table

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
and fired half of his assistants, due to all the bitch'in...
I don't recall bo boy doing that.

ohio state bo boy would be starting a insurrection and saying ^&%$ all NU fans.
so lets appreciate frost for trying to fix pass happy rileys dumpster fire, with another pass happy system
as we struggle to find our pass happy unicorn coach, for the pass happy fire everyone fan..

So you’re saying 7.5 Million buyout after next season instead of 15 Million..

so lets appreciate frost for trying to fix pass happy rileys dumpster fire, with another pass happy system
as we struggle to find our pass happy unicorn coach, for the pass happy fire everyone fan..
The alternative was getting fired… Restructuring his contract was not exactly a heroic act by Scott the savior.

Has the full contract come out? He took a pay cut but I'm guessing there is some incentive based bonuses so essentially Frost is taking a gamble he will turn it around.

The alternative was getting fired… Restructuring his contract was not exactly a heroic act by Scott the savior.
I agree it wasn’t a heroic act, but would you walk away from $7.5 mil? Doubt I would… at least it looks like he recognizes he has been bad and overpaid, and rather than getting fired with even fuller pockets, he chose to take a pay cut and stick around in the hopes that he turns it around. After next year he may regret that, but who knows?

He bet on himself...if he gets fired this year, he probably won't ever get a high paying head coaching job again...he might get one at a lower tier school, but not in the $4 million dollar range.

if he turns it around next year and then shows progress the year after, he gets an extension and will keep getting paid for another 5 years and the buyout probably goes back up>

Yes, he could have gotten fired and cashed his $20m check.

He's betting on himself with this deal that he will have enough success next year and following that it will lead to another long-term deal. He doesn't want to just get one more year here...he wants to still be here in 15 years, but he needs to have immediate success in order to earn that.

Smartest post all day and nobody else picking up on it.

Frost could have refused making changes, not agreed to the new deal, said screw you, and been fired and walked away with $20 million. Plain and simple.

He lowered his buyout significantly while NOT getting a pay raise.

Look at how others would handle this-- like the buffoon at LSU Orgeron the other week at the presser announcing he wouldn't return and he just wanted to be clear he got all his buyout money.

Smartest post all day and nobody else picking up on it.

Frost could have refused making changes, not agreed to the new deal, said screw you, and been fired and walked away with $20 million. Plain and simple.

He lowered his buyout significantly while NOT getting a pay raise.

Look at how others would handle this-- like the buffoon at LSU Orgeron the other week at the presser announcing he wouldn't return and he just wanted to be clear he got all his buyout money.
He obviously didn't have to take the cut, but getting paid over $1 mill a win over the last 4 years may have something to do with it.

Buffoon in LA won a natty not too long ago

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
I agree it wasn’t a heroic act, but would you walk away from $7.5 mil? Doubt I would… at least it looks like he recognizes he has been bad and overpaid, and rather than getting fired with even fuller pockets, he chose to take a pay cut and stick around in the hopes that he turns it around. After next year he may regret that, but who knows?

Sure, he’s probably going to leave some money on the table, but at the chance of salvaging his legacy and keeping his job.

It’s not like he’s going to be broke after this. We’ve already paid him $20 million. If he flops again next year, he will walk away with $31.5 million from the University instead of the $40 mill total we would have had to pay now.

I think it was an easy decision by Frost. Yes he could have cashed it in, but he, like most coaches want to be successful. Let’s not pretend he’s making this huge sacrifice though. He’s getting paid either way.

Was it really a pay cut if he improves the team and looks like an actual coach/CEO??? If it works out, he will will make WAY more money in the long run. I think it would be really short sighted to just take the buyout and run, he would look like a defeated coach and maybe get an OC job somewhere and NOT be considered head coach material for a long time. Frosty is betting on himself. Time will tell if he and TA made the right decision.

Last edited:
Sure, he’s probably going to leave some money on the table, but at the chance of salvaging his legacy and keeping his job.

It’s not like he’s going to be broke after this. We’ve already paid him $20 million. If he flops again next year, he will walk away with $31.5 million from the University instead of the $40 mill total we would have had to pay now.

I think it was an easy decision by Frost. Yes he could have cashed it in, but he, like most coaches want to be successful. Let’s not pretend he’s making this huge sacrifice though. He’s getting paid either way.
I don’t disagree. And again, this isn’t a heroic act. All I’m saying is a lot of coaches would have taken the money and run. I believe Frost genuinely wants to be the guy to turn this thing around. Is it selfish? Pride? Arrogance? Probably yes to all. But he wants to be here. That alone isn’t a reason to keep him. Definitely not saying that. Just saying he feels he owes it to Nebraska to bring them back.

He absolutely may fail. But he’s going down with the ship and not escaping in a lifeboat.

Fans have had a right to b*tch. He has done a terrible job. He did what was necessary to keep it one more year after four bad ones. Nothing noble about it. In the long run of his career having success at Nebraska will make him far more money than the 20 million. If he was fired he would never get another p5 job again with his record.

He's going to be good either way. He won't have to work much if doesn't want to. If he's saved a portion of his salary he's very wealthy.

He obviously didn't have to take the cut, but getting paid over $1 mill a win over the last 4 years may have something to do with it.
Your reply has nothing to do with the point I made.

Bottom line, Frost left lots of money on the table yesterday. He wants to lead this program. Stop eating cheetos from your couch and bitching and start supporting.

Reactions: BleedRed78

I recall Bo firing Watson, Ekeler, Gilmore and Sanders after 2010. And that was a year we had climbed to 5th in the polls and played for a B12 title.

Reactions: shocksker

Bottom line, Frost left lots of money on the table yesterday. He wants to lead this program. Stop eating cheetos from your couch and bitching and start supporting.
Frost has a lot of problems but money isn't one of them. If he has a semblance of pride, he's all in to fixing this mess that he inherited and has perpetuated.

He bet on himself...if he gets fired this year, he probably won't ever get a high paying head coaching job again...he might get one at a lower tier school, but not in the $4 million dollar range.

if he turns it around next year and then shows progress the year after, he gets an extension and will keep getting paid for another 5 years and the buyout probably goes back up>
This. He could have walked away with $20M set for life. But he also knows the prospects of ever getting a top tier, high paying head coaching gig are slim. So taking this pay cut is a gamble.

He wants to succeed, TA obviously wants him to succeed. I think every Husker fan out there wants him to succeed. But this had to happen and if it works it will payoff for everyone long term. I for one am hoping this is the catalyst that Frost needed to get him over the hump that has been an enigma from day one.

Of course it does. You compared him to a guy (who apparently wasn't willing to take a pay cut) to show that Frost is a super good guy who cares a lot more than the other guy. Frost has every single reason in the world to be humble and to take it in the shorts if he wants to save any face whatsoever, because he has done nothing less than suck balls the entire time he's been here. The other guy, on the other end of the spectrum, if he's pissed and not real friendly on the way out the door, well, he just brought them a national title, and so if he's getting canned, his not taking a pay cut or working with administration to make a bunch less, right after winning a national title, makes a lot of sense.

I like cheetos, a lot, and I'm still in better shape than you fatty. Now go get your shine box.

12/10

Of course it does. You compared him to a guy (who apparently wasn't willing to take a pay cut) to show that Frost is a super good guy who cares a lot more than the other guy. Frost has every single reason in the world to be humble and to take it in the shorts if he wants to save any face whatsoever, because he has done nothing less than suck balls the entire time he's been here. The other guy, on the other end of the spectrum, if he's pissed and not real friendly on the way out the door, well, he just brought them a national title, and so if he's getting canned, his not taking a pay cut or working with administration to make a bunch less, right after winning a national title, makes a lot of sense.

I like cheetos, a lot, and I'm still in better shape than you fatty. Now go get your shine box.
I doubt you are in better. I'm not obese. Guessing you are.

So what are you planning to do now? Disown the team? Sell one of the 58 team jerseys you likely own? You'll be the first guy in line to high five Frost and Alberts if they get it going here with wins.

I doubt you are in better. I'm not obese. Guessing you are.

So what are you planning to do now? Disown the team? Sell one of the 58 team jerseys you likely own? You'll be the first guy in line to high five Frost and Alberts if they get it going here with wins.
Uh oh, you started chirping and were made to look like an idiot. I know you aren't obese, I bet you always referred to yourself as big-boned. Don't worry, you are a big winner Mikey.

Uh oh, you started chirping and were made to look like an idiot. I know you aren't obese, I bet you always referred to yourself as big-boned. Don't worry, you are a big winner Mikey.

Truth hurts doesnt it LOL

Another loudmouth disgruntled fanatic who thinks firing everyone is always the answer. Good for you.

Truth hurts doesnt it LOL

Another loudmouth disgruntled fanatic who thinks firing everyone is always the answer. Good for you.
For the love of ...
You keep rambling on. What truth? Did I say anything about firing? I just pointed out the stupidity of your post, and you threw a hissy fit because of your unhealthy addiction for the HC. I dont think Mikey captured you, you are coming off as more of a Donny, only with the Walter measurements, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Your telling me that Frost took a pay cut for pride? Instead of taking the 20 million and running with it?. Ha! When JUST CAUSE is dangling in a coaches face, they will do the strangest things...They threw him a bone and he saves face. There is a chance they might not have had to pay him jack shit.

Bitchboy Frost has ALREADY made more $$ that I LESS than 4 years than Bo did in 7 WHOLE YEARS!

While NOT winning 9 games ONCE, NOT going to bowl game ONCE, NOT winning a division ONCE or going to a conference title game ONCE!

Bo wasn't the problem, an idiotic Chancelllor, Athletic Director and the fairweather "fans" who left the Ohio State game in 2011 were the problem!

Those are the reasons we have to settle for this bs we have going on right now and why I have to answer to all the FANS of other teams about how are we so stupid as a fan base!

For the love of ...
You keep rambling on. What truth? Did I say anything about firing? I just pointed out the stupidity of your post, and you threw a hissy fit because of your unhealthy addiction for the HC. I dont think Mikey captured you, you are coming off as more of a Donny, only with the Walter measurements, not that there's anything wrong with that.

LOL, have your panties in a bunch because I called your stupid post out originally?

7.5 million guaranteed. That is a statement of either confidence in his ability to win or of loyalty to his alma mater. I don't care how people spin it, that's a lot of money to potentially give up.

Good gawd. You get owned and arent capable of dealing with it. No doubt Frost is your hero.
Damn dont you have insecurities. You always been like this? Frost has achieved far more in his lifetime I'm guessing than you ever will.

Damn dont you have insecurities. You always been like this? Frost has achieved far more in his lifetime I'm guessing than you ever will.
You sure are one super special fan boy.
You in the back of the room at each of his pressers:

• Haha
Reactions: rucker4
He wasn’t getting fired regardless. Your AD reached out to 3-4 coaches to gauge interest and there was no interest among them at this point so he was able to get Frost cheaper going forward with hopes that the market would be better after next season. That was not a bad move by Alberts.

He wasn’t getting fired regardless. Your AD reached out to 3-4 coaches to gauge interest and there was no interest among them at this point so he was able to get Frost cheaper going forward with hopes that the market would be better after next season. That was not a bad move by Alberts.
You have no idea what Trev did or didn't do so don't pretend to.

Reactions: Seascout3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT