ADVERTISEMENT

Frost is Wrong

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003

Luke will NEVER be able to throw. Not even as a Division II QB. You can't just lift weights to achieve a stronger, more accurate arm.
Does HCSF care more about Luke or Nebraska football?

And HCSF will probably lose the locker room. If he hasn't already.
cmon man. IF Tim Tebow can win a national championship with that crappy arm, Luke can throw well enough.....maybe. Frost hasn't and won't lose the locker room. Don't start that crap.

Luke will NEVER be able to throw. Not even as a Division II QB. You can't just lift weights to achieve a stronger, more accurate arm.

I don’t think Luke is a D1 QB. But how is Frost going to lose the locker room by sticking up for a player? Seems bad mouthing that kid to media, would do more damage than sticking up for him. And why do people continually claim he’s going to lose that locker room?

There were assurances made to the McCaffrey family during recruitment - suggesting that Luke change positions would only further amplify the narrative that promises made during recruitment are not necessarily honored after signing day

this staff can’t let this narrative become any louder than it already has

Reactions: WHCSC
I don’t think Luke is a D1 QB. But how is Frost going to lose the locker room by sticking up for a player? Seems bad mouthing that kid to media, would do more damage than sticking up for him. And why do people continually claim he’s going to lose that locker room?
right or wrong, I think the lose the locker room stuff comes from (in no particular order):

1.) the hoodie comment
2.) the attrition
3.) the bowl game

There were assurances made to the McCaffrey family during recruitment - suggesting that Luke change positions would only further amplify the narrative that promises made during recruitment are not necessarily honored after signing day

meh

the NU staff aren't alone here, by a long shot

right or wrong, I think the lose the locker room stuff comes from (in no particular order):

1.) the hoodie comment
2.) the attrition
3.) the bowl game

People have been saying this nonsense constantly since the beginning and it never happened. How long ago was the hoodie stuff?

Reactions: Reditus
People have been saying this nonsense constantly since the beginning and it never happened. How long ago was the hoodie stuff?
Hoodie stuff was like halfway through his tenure.

Handful of guys left before we even played a game, people claiming players thrown under the bus yada yada yada

I don’t lend much credence to it, but without wins it’ll persist right/wrong/otherwise

Quotes like he had re: wan’dale don’t help

Reactions: dinglefritz
Or Luke was a redshirt freshman qb who wasn’t ready in passing game. And yes the qbs were not the only problem that made for an ineffective passing game. Suspect line play and poor receiver play also contributed.
Finally lose the locker room? He would have a better chance to lose locker room by publicly criticizing them

Hoodie stuff was like halfway through his tenure.

Handful of guys left before we even played a game, people claiming players thrown under the bus yada yada yada

I don’t lend much credence to it, but without wins it’ll persist right/wrong/otherwise

Quotes like he had re: wan’dale don’t help
When you aren't winning games people are going to find fault no matter what he says. At some point he probably should just say as little as possible to fill his air time commitments of his contract.

Because these kids don't work hard and lift weights for their coach to not give them the best chance of winning.

For Frost to recruit QBs with better arms.
I could be wrong but I think IF our O line improves AND WE RUN THE BALL this fall that our QBs arms will look much better.... Kind of tough for a smaller QB like Luke to throw it when he's got his 6-6 guard getting shoved in to his lap. We all realize things have to get better. Frost knows it too. He's beyond frustrated that his QBs are making mistakes in games that they're not showing in practice. We need somebody to step up and be a gamer and we have to remember that they're college kids and not the Bill's QB. Do you remember how bad he looked when he played in Lincoln? He threw a pretty ball....right in to 4 interceptions if I remember correctly. Strong arm too. Zipped it right in there.

If LM wants to be a QB, then let him be a QB. It’s not like we aren’t used to a Taylor Martinez type, and I think LM is shiftier than TM was even pre injury.

Having a WR be our RB because we don’t apparently have any and a TE be the center, I really don’t see a problem - overall - with letting LM develop as a QB

If LM wants to be a QB, then let him be a QB. It’s not like we aren’t used to a Taylor Martinez type, and I think LM is shiftier than TM was even pre injury.

Having a WR be our RB because we don’t apparently have any and a TE be the center, I really don’t see a problem - overall - with letting LM develop as a QB

Sure he can stay at QB. He can also not see the field. He has as bad an arm as any QB I have seen in a long time.
A QB with a weak arm cannot develop. And I would not to play on a team that had a such a QB. Might as look forward to time with the family instead of playing in a bowl game.

Can't say I'm optimistic about his future at qb but at least he's depth for a team that really beats-up its qb's. Maybe if another season at qb goes nowhere he will want to change positions.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Lose the locker room? Have you not seen the number of players coming back to play an additional year. That does not happen on a team where the coach has lost the locker room.

yea you definitely know “assurances made”- hahaha

I’m sure adidas was not too pleased with the hoodie comment. It felt very weird cause wasn’t Frost wearing a hoodie at the time of his comments?

Reactions: CBOYZ CAT

He won’t by sticking up for him. He will lose the team by playing him over other options that give the team a better chance to win or by making decisions not to bring in more polished and accomplished transfer QBs to compete.

At this level it’s about winning. Don’t let the mindless din about personal growth and making better men fool you. You don’t pay $5 mil a year to a personal development coach. You pay that to the head coach of the university cash cow to win games. Period. Everyone, including and especially the players, expect decisions to be made to win games.

Why don't you just let it play out instead of you thinking you got it all figured out.

Can't say I'm optimistic about his future at qb but at least he's depth for a team that really beats-up its qb's. Maybe if another season at qb goes nowhere he will want to change positions.
Beats up his qbs lol.

He won’t by sticking up for him. He will lose the team by playing him over other options that give the team a better chance to win or by making decisions not to bring in more polished and accomplished transfer QBs to compete.

At this level it’s about winning. Don’t let the mindless din about personal growth and making better men fool you. You don’t pay $5 mil a year to a personal development coach. You pay that to the head coach of the university cash cow to win games. Period. Everyone, including and especially the players, expect decisions to be made to win games.
And where have you got your coaching experience from?

Reactions: Reditus

Luke is a backup QB. He is staying at QB (if he stays at Nebraska) because we have no depth there. If we have better options, we will play them. The coach isn’t losing the team because he stuck up for a kid at a press conference. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

I think one of the issues is that nobody has any access to practices so all we have to go by is Frost’s comments and what we see on gameday, which are usually the complete opposites.

Frost claims that Luke is great in practice and that he should stick to QB while us fans saw that his lack of throwing strength and accuracy is not of D1 level. I do think there is more to what we see, like promises to Luke and his family but at the end of the day, Luke isn’t going to help this team sitting on the bench and he could very well be doing that for at least two more years.

Wasn’t Lukes td/int ratio 1/6 with the lone touchdown pass being the flip to Betts in the Penn State game. No bueno.

Luke is a backup QB. He is staying at QB (if he stays at Nebraska) because we have no depth there. If we have better options, we will play them. The coach isn’t losing the team because he stuck up for a kid at a press conference. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
These kids can grow so much during their years in college. Very very few QBs come in as freshmen and look like they belong on a D-1 field. We don't need Luke to be Vince Ferragamo to be considered a successful college QB. He can be successful without great passing numbers as long as he limits turnovers and uses his feet to create big plays. He's got time. He's an extremely bright kid with a high football IQ. He'll get better. I'm sure of that.

Good heavens I played against Jeff Quinn in high school. He was a TERRIBLE passer in high school. He was a terrible passer his first several years in college. By his senior year at NU he led the nation in passing efficiency. Then he went on to back up Mark Malone at Pittsburg for 2 years. He still wasn't a great passer but he was a smart guy with very quick feet.

It does make sense to keep at quarterback because we have no depth there. But it’s Frost’s fault that we have no depth there.

Reactions: bigboxes
These kids can grow so much during their years in college. Very very few QBs come in as freshmen and look like they belong on a D-1 field. We don't need Luke to be Vince Ferragamo to be considered a successful college QB. He can be successful without great passing numbers as long as he limits turnovers and uses his feet to create big plays. He's got time. He's an extremely bright kid with a high football IQ. He'll get better. I'm sure of that.

Good heavens I played against Jeff Quinn in high school. He was a TERRIBLE passer in high school. He was a terrible passer his first several years in college. By his senior year at NU he led the nation in passing efficiency. Then he went on to back up Mark Malone at Pittsburg for 2 years. He still wasn't a great passer but he was a smart guy with very quick feet.

We don’t have the luxury though to bring in someone and groom them. Adrian is very injury prone. I don’t know if Luke’s arm strength and accuracy can be fixed. He didn’t become a qb until his senior year of high school. He’s an athlete converted into a quarterback in a system that hasn’t established an identity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT