ADVERTISEMENT

Frost is in quicksand, and it is his fault

You are someone of no depth and a suface dweller too damn stupid to see the bigger picture. I'm a donor to this program and 33 year season ticket holder. You and those like you are what I call a free loader fan who thinks he has a say so. On here by all means as you have every right. It's a beautiful thing yours and others rants thinking the University is gonna hear them? yore dilusional if you think that day will ever come. Pay up the duckets for donation and then maybe you'll have a voice where it matters the most. You are the one that's annoying. Have a nice day someplace else!
So you have been giving your input to this program the last 33 years? PLEASE STOP!!!

Last edited:
All that resulted in a very Frost like year of 3-5. Laughing
Yore delusional.
Lets look at the facts, shall we? There were 4 games we were outyarded in, tOSU, Penn St, Illinois and Minnesota. Without all of the fk ups in TOs, penalties and inconsistant play we win every game except tOSU. Illinois and Minnesota we shit the bed and those are 2 games that we could've won had we not fk'd up and fell apart at the seams. We completely and got lucky against Penn St.

Total Yards by game

tOSU-NU 56-370 and 8 penalties for 90 yards with 3 Fumbles and lost 2 OSU 69-491 L
NW-NU 88-442 9 penalties for 55 yards and 2 Fumbles 0 Lost and 2 Int's NW 65-317 L
PSU-NU 60-298 5 penalties for 39 yards and 1 Int PSU 91-501
Ilini-NU 74-392 7 penalties for 66 yards 4 Fumbles 2 lost and 3 Int's Ilini 77-490
Iowa-NU 63-338 4 Penalties for 40 yards 4 Fumbles losing 2 Iowa 75-322
PU-NU 71-364 9 penalties for 107 yards 1 Fumble 0 lost PU 64-322
Minn-NU 65-308 3 penalties for 32 yards Fumbled 3 times, lost 1 and 1 Int Minn 73-387
RU-NU 86-620 9 Penalties for 56 yards Fumbled 5 times losing 2 and 2 Int's RU 52-252

Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes are what cost in all losses except really against tOSU.

Lets look at the facts, shall we? There were 4 games we were outyarded in, tOSU, Penn St, Illinois and Minnesota. Without all of the fk ups in TOs, penalties and inconsistant play we win every game except tOSU. Illinois and Minnesota we shit the bed and those are 2 games that we could've won had we not fk'd up and fell apart at the seams. We completely and got lucky against Penn St.

Total Yards by game

tOSU-NU 56-370 and 8 penalties for 90 yards with 3 Fumbles and lost 2 OSU 69-491 L
NW-NU 88-442 9 penalties for 55 yards and 2 Fumbles 0 Lost and 2 Int's NW 65-317 L
Ilini-NU 74-392 7 penalties for 66 yards 4 Fumbles 2 lost and 3 Int's Ilini 77-490
Minn-NU 65-308 3 penalties for 32 yards Fumbled 3 times, lost 1 and 1 Int Minn 73-387
RU-NU 86-620 9 Penalties for 56 yards Fumbled 5 times losing 2 and 2 Int's RU 52-252

Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes are what cost in all losses except really against tOSU.
I would add poor special teams play. Which should have improved in 2020 but didn't.

Still confused about why this team looks nothing like UCF in any way.. There has been plenty of talent come through and the offense still looks like it's in year one of install. Unbelievable...

Reactions: huntered

Total Yards by game

Mistakes are what cost us games? What a novel concept. The issue is mistakes are a staple of a Frost led offense and he has no idea how to correct it. It will be no different In year 4.

ground level studio?

but yes, this is why I feel the AD should have made a change earlier.. it might have saved some of the player exodus (which probably isn't over until next summer).

The only thing Frost might do, if he is desperate enough, is dust off Tom's old offense. Change the entire scheme to what once worked here and try to rebuild from that. His scheme is not working here, for whatever reason(s).

Have you noticed his mentor Chip Kelly is not exactly taking the Pac 12 by storm either. The Bruins were 3-4 this past season.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
you can run an old out of date Osborne offense with pass options all over, using every inch of the field. the problem with any given play is discipline. terminal halfasshead discipline will get you exactly where we are.

Put the blame on Moos. Oregon was a football powerhouse after he left. Washington St. was crap when he got there, and just as bad when he left. But he hired the fan favorites here? Any major program is not going to hire coaches to please the fans. When Scott was hired and he said that he wanted to bring all of his buds with him, Moos should have took a stand and refused to allow it. Florida wasn't stupid. Moos is a big part of the problem.

ground level studio?

but yes, this is why I feel the AD should have made a change earlier.. it might have saved some of the player exodus (which probably isn't over until next summer).

The only thing Frost might do, if he is desperate enough, is dust off Tom's old offense. Change the entire scheme to what once worked here and try to rebuild from that. His scheme is not working here, for whatever reason(s).
You have to recruit the type of players to run that offense. I'm not sure that we've got them.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Put the blame on Moos. Oregon was a football powerhouse after he left. Washington St. was crap when he got there, and just as bad when he left. But he hired the fan favorites here? Any major program is not going to hire coaches to please the fans. When Scott was hired and he said that he wanted to bring all of his buds with him, Moos should have took a stand and refused to allow it. Florida wasn't stupid. Moos is a big part of the problem.
This is a good post. However, the more I see, it appears the problem is less about the buds (except for Harry Potter) and more about the head guy. I think the defensive staff is doing a decent job. I don't know about Austin, the line hasn't been stellar, but he has brought in some good players and next year will tell, same for TEs. Held hasn't done so well keeping a stable of backs, but when they are healthy, they run fairly well and he recruits the other positions well. Lubick is too new to get a read on receiver coaching. All the mistakes, poor gameplans and adjustments, allowing so many penalties, and piss poor special teams I lay on Scott's front door.

LOL
they can live without either one of them just fine. Frost has 4/5 star WRs 2 deep
Okay then why did we trot out unathletic TEs in place of those talented WRs over and over again? The one WR with the best numbers out of the bunch transferred...and would anyone be shocked if Manning was in the portal soon?

Oh no we lost a 6'0 185 lb. 3 star backup QB who didn't look like he was ever going able to throw the ball from the pocket and now the sky is falling.
No. We lost one of the few playmakers we have on our offense. True he was a terrible QB, but we can’t afford to lose a playmaker.

No. We lost one of the few playmakers we have on our offense. True he was a terrible QB, but we can’t afford to lose a playmaker.

He may be a playmaker, but he wasn't going to do that unless he switched positions (which he wasn't going to do). I'm not sure why we are so up and arms about losing Luke. Yes, he could have been real good as a WR, but he didn't do much for us at QB and never was going to. You can't have a noodle arm and be a big time player in the Power 5.

The significance—especially with Robinson and McCaffrey—is that they were leaders and guys we needed, but they politely assessed our situation as a sinking ship.

More broadly, with the Warners and McCaffreys, you have two prominent football families jumping ship.

You’d be foolish to ignore the significance of these developments.
The families may be prominent but what we got were ugly mustaches and a turnover machine who will never see an NFL career at QB.

Well...Bye!

He may be a playmaker, but he wasn't going to do that unless he switched positions (which he wasn't going to do). I'm not sure why we are so up and arms about losing Luke. Yes, he could have been real good as a WR, but he didn't do much for us at QB and never was going to. You can't have a noodle arm and be a big time player in the Power 5.

We are one Adrian Martinez away from having to start another noodle arm Freshman. And Adrian Martinez himself is incredibly mediocre. That’s why people are upset. The offensive genius and Verduzco have beyond dropped the ball at the most important position.

Yeah.....Betts and Fidone will be studs just like Wandale Robinson, Omar Manning, Fleming, Chase, Nance, and Houston were going to be studs.

No subject change needed. In year 1 Frost chose to start a true freshman at QB, had JD Spielman/Stanley Morgan and Ozigbo. Frost could have went after Burrow but chose not to. Whoops. Frost knows his QB’s Laughing

I never stated those others were 'studs' outside of Wandale...

Reactions: scarletred
We are one Adrian Martinez away from having to start another noodle arm Freshman. And Adrian Martinez himself is incredibly mediocre. That’s why people are upset. The offensive genius and Verduzco have beyond dropped the ball at the most important position.

Keep being delusional thinking some great coach is gonna come in and save Nebraska and stay here for 20 years. Frost is our best choice right now. Drink some water. You're salty

Reactions: dinglefritz
What’s the difference? I’m actually critical of frosts recruiting but let’s not act like Luke was taking us anywhere at QB and that’s what we are discussing

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is a ridiculous post. It wasn't just the fans who wanted Frost, it was the people who hired Moos. Moos would have been fired and run out of town on a rail if he passed on Frost. No other AD at Nebraska would have said no to Frost regardless of whether he wanted to bring in all of his assistants from UCF. It's easy to say now that Frost was a bad hire, but nobody was saying that at the time he was hired - not even you I bet.

Last edited:
It is on offense. No QB, No RB, WR's no threat, Lineman leaving... He already calls pee wee football plays, I don't know where he is going to improve on this.
just stop. Adrian hasn't played behind one of Milt and Tom's lines. He's got RBs and WRs now. The linemen who left needed to leave. One for the NFL and one so we can replace him with a more athletic guy who doesn't have lead in his cleats.

I have yet to see Frost call a play that every other college spread team doesn't run. Hell some of the NFL teams look almost identical in some of their sets and play calls. Baltimore, Buffalo and sometimes the Niners run many of the same plays. We need to be able to execute the play calls better. Period. It isn't necessarily the play calls that are the problem. The problems have been turnovers, penalties and some O line issues at times.

Reactions: huntered
How in the world can you possibly believe that nobody could do a better job than Frost after watching the last 3 seasons????
The majority of the fan base and most of the boosters that matter want Frost to stay and be successful. They and I am tired of the revolving door at head coach with guys who really didn't want to be at Nebraska. IF he doesn't at least show some signs of improvement this next fall, that may change. Heaven help us if he doesn't win next fall. Anybody from outside the "family" who would be hired to replace him would have to win immediately.

Keep being delusional thinking some great coach is gonna come in and save Nebraska and stay here for 20 years. Frost is our best choice right now. Drink some water. You're salty

12-20 Frost is our best choice? And I’m the delusional one?Laughing

Just kill the program off then. We don’t need some great coach...Simple Jack would be an upgrade over Frost at this point.

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
Realistically, would or could this program afford to fire Frost after next year? That would leave a $20MM buyout if terminated after the 2021 season and the cost of a new “decent” name coach you’d think would at least have to be $4MM/yr. Do you guys honestly think this is a realistic option if we flop again this season? I just don’t see it, I think we have at least 2-3 more years minimum of Frost.

Realistically, would or could this program afford to fire Frost after next year? That would leave a $20MM buyout if terminated after the 2021 season and the cost of a new “decent” name coach you’d think would at least have to be $4MM/yr. Do you guys honestly think this is a realistic option if we flop again this season? I just don’t see it, I think we have at least 2-3 more years minimum of Frost.
I think that Frost's tenure is tied to Moos' since he has as much as said that he won't be firing Frost. I'm not sure that your buyout number is correct, I believe that the last two years of his contract pay out at $2.5mm per year if he is let go, but in any event the AD budget is stretched right now with the expansion project and unless 2021 is a complete failure, Frost is likely back for 2022.

I think that Frost's tenure is tied to Moos' since he has as much as said that he won't be firing Frost. I'm not sure that your buyout number is correct, I believe that the last two years of his contract pay out at $2.5mm per year if he is let go, but in any event the AD budget is stretched right now with the expansion project and unless 2021 is a complete failure, Frost is likely back for 2022.
Pretty sure I got the buyout math right. Buyout reads as $5MM per year through 2024 and then $2.5MM per year in 2025 and 2026. So if you fire him after this season, the buyout would be $5MM for 2022, 2023 and 2024 - and then $2.5MM for 2025 and 2026. So yeah that’s $20Mm, I don’t see that happening in our current financial state

Pretty sure I got the buyout math right. Buyout reads as $5MM per year through 2024 and then $2.5MM per year in 2025 and 2026. So if you fire him after this season, the buyout would be $5MM for 2022, 2023 and 2024 - and then $2.5MM for 2025 and 2026. So yeah that’s $20Mm, I don’t see that happening in our current financial state

I think the 5 million runs through 2022, then two years at 2.5 each for 2023 and 2024..

I think the 5 million runs through 2022, then two years at 2.5 each for 2023 and 2024..
That is what is was before the extension, now those years are pushed out by two. I was thinking that Frost's original contract was 6 years, but it was 7 so Musky's numbers seem to be correct.

ADVERTISEMENT