ADVERTISEMENT

Frost is in quicksand, and it is his fault

Let me ask all of you negative posters-- do you think any of these three offensive players will go to another power 5 school? If so, do you see any of them starting anywhere? I don't.

Obviously Wandale is the exception as he will start for Kentucky, but I think that issue was his dad and trainer looking out for themselves and not him or the team.

I also believe we'll be better, but the nagging worry that I can't quite get over is the lack of progress with stupid mistakes. We'll be bigger, stronger, more experienced, maybe more talented at WR overall.... but can we get lined up? Not false start? Catch punts? Not throw interceptions? Not sail snaps over the QB's head? Not get cute in the red zone? Time will tell. It's going to be a long, long, long spring and summer around here.

Frost managing to lose an offseason at Nebraska is remarkable in itself.

I feel like the guy on the medical drama who won't stop performing CPR even though my attending is telling me to call it.

AM is going to get injured at some point.
Smothers is apparently not as good as LM or he would have gotten some snaps.
Every other offensive skill player has little to no experience.
There's zero reason to think our special teams will be good.

Can the veteran blackshirts actually carry this team next year, even though there's only one first-team all big-10 player on it?

I don't think Frost survives another losing season. He might be on the sidelines in 2022 but he'll be a dead man walking. No wait, let me restate. I don't think Nebraska Football survives another losing season. After Frost leaves, Nebraska will be relegated to the dustbin of football history. Steve Pederson's nightmare come home to roost.

Frost is losing his most prominent players, and he won’t be able to recruit/retain at a high level for the future due the stench of his record.

After his extension I was threatened on here because I mocked it, but what a disaster. When you have players like Robinson and McCaffrey abandoning you and you are 12-20, it’s over.

Frost famously said Bill Callahan destroyed the Taj Mahal of football and put in a 3 bedroom ranch, so where does that put us now?

Slightly less than half a teams recruits will not pan out for some reason or another and many of those players will leave. There will be a couple more guys that leave over offseason and a few may be highly rated and a few vocal posters will freak. QB's will often leave if they are not the starter. Hell there are two McCaffrey QB's in the portal this year. I personally don't think Luke is a D1 QB anywasy, so unless he willingly moved to WR I am glad as this will force recruitment of another Quarterback.

As far as Luke goes, assuming he won't play WR, I could list 30 players that I am more concerned about than him.

Frost has 44 of 62 and now 43 of 62 5.7 start or better players in his classes over last four years and 11 5.9 or better players on the roster. The entire other 6 Schools recruited only 13 5.9 or better players. Even with normal attrition these numbers far exceed other West schools total recruited players. To compare, Iowa has about half the number of recruited 5.7 or better players above assuming no attrition (obviosly they have had players leave too) and none that are 5.9 or better. Even Wisconson is at 75% of the recruited numbers assuming no attrition for both groups.

Talent is not an issue for 2021 or 2022. Frost has more than enough players to field a very competitive team moving forward. If he even does a solid job coaching winning will happen and recruiting will continue to be better than the division. If not, someone else will get a shot to coach. A backup "QB" leaving has no impact on that either.

Let me ask all of you negative posters-- do you think any of these three offensive players will go to another power 5 school? If so, do you see any of them starting anywhere? I don't.

Obviously Wandale is the exception as he will start for Kentucky, but I think that issue was his dad and trainer looking out for themselves and not him or the team.

The significance—especially with Robinson and McCaffrey—is that they were leaders and guys we needed, but they politely assessed our situation as a sinking ship.

More broadly, with the Warners and McCaffreys, you have two prominent football families jumping ship.

You’d be foolish to ignore the significance of these developments.

Oh no we lost a 6'0 185 lb. 3 star backup QB who didn't look like he was ever going able to throw the ball from the pocket and now the sky is falling.

Frost loses lots of players/recruits and never seems to have needed any of them (per fans), which is strange, considering his record.

Yes, you are right though! The steady exodus of players is all part of Frost’s plan. Sweet.

The significance—especially with Robinson and McCaffrey—is that they were leaders and guys we needed, but they politely assessed our situation as a sinking ship.

More broadly, with the Warners and McCaffreys, you have two prominent football families jumping ship.

You’d be foolish to ignore the significance of these developments.
Kade Warner is going to grad transfer to a group of 5 or FCS team because he was going to be the 6th or 7th best wide receiver on the team as a redshirt senior. The fact that his dad is Kurt Warner is not significant.

Riley took over a hell of a lot better situation after another 9 win Pelini team. We changed from a huddle west coast offense to a no huddle spread...

Our roster was not good heading in to the Riley ERA. Also, I’m not sure you can call offensive genius offense anything but an abomination. It’s unfortunate he will be given more time only because he was a Nebraska player.
Everyone with half a brain knows how this is going to end up.

Oh no we lost a 6'0 185 lb. 3 star backup QB who didn't look like he was ever going able to throw the ball from the pocket and now the sky is falling.
My suspicion was that Luke was told that he was going to be #3 on the depth chart and that they would like him work more at WR as long as Adrian and Smothers were healthy. It would be interesting to hear from Luke exactly what was involved in his decision making process.

Reactions: skintight
Why do you even post as you as you have absolutely no idea about what you are taling about and I've read quite a few of your posts. You are just one of quite a few that has no depth to them whatsoever as you along with the others are surface dwellers only and not smart enough to see the big picture.

“The big picture.”Laughing

So what’s next years excuse for the fraud? Dumbing down the offense again?

Reactions: blackbones
giphy.gif

to even suggest that Frost is NOT going to turn this dumpster fire around....

"he's so young"...."he just needs experience"...."he still needs at least 3 more years"....."no other coach will ever come here"...."he's worth the $5 mil per year because he's such a hot young coach" (all the things that have been posted here by Frost apologists)

Frost is losing control of this team ....and he KEPT all of the assistant coach buddies he hired.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63

Correct me if I’m wrong, Frost recruited said quarterback and recently called him the future of the program?

The offensive genius really knows how to identify talent. Laughing

Reactions: TailDragger99

Isn’t that Frosts fault that guys he gave scholarships to and labeled the future of the program can’t play anywhere else supposedly ?

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I look forward to “yore” excuse next year when the fraud puts out another diarrhea of a team.
And lookin forward to calling you out when you are wrong and when you come back saying ok I'm eating the crow I'll tell you and those like you to shove the crow straight up yore asses and fairweather POS fans can get the fk out and stay out and I'll be relentless hammering on yore theads no matter what they are until you get the picture.

I feel like the guy on the medical drama who won't stop performing CPR even though my attending is telling me to call it.

AM is going to get injured at some point.
Smothers is apparently not as good as LM or he would have gotten some snaps.
Every other offensive skill player has little to no experience.
There's zero reason to think our special teams will be good.

Can the veteran blackshirts actually carry this team next year, even though there's only one first-team all big-10 player on it?

I don't think Frost survives another losing season. He might be on the sidelines in 2022 but he'll be a dead man walking. No wait, let me restate. I don't think Nebraska Football survives another losing season. After Frost leaves, Nebraska will be relegated to the dustbin of football history. Steve Pederson's nightmare come home to roost.

This is the worst case scenario but it’s very probable. We have got to turn it around this coming year. No excuses for a head man that likes the make them.

Our roster was not good heading in to the Riley ERA. Also, I’m not sure you can call offensive genius offense anything but an abomination. It’s unfortunate he will be given more time only because he was a Nebraska player.
Everyone with half a brain knows how this is going to end up.

Options to throw to wasn't even close. Westerkemp, Reilly, Carter, Morgan, DPE. Also had an exp. starter in Tommy. Gerry, Collins and Valentine were all drafted on defense. Frost's first year we went from 84th to 58th on offense.

And lookin forward to calling you out when you are wrong and when you come back saying ok I'm eating the crow I'll tell you and those like you to shove the crow straight up yore asses and fairweather POS fans can get the fk out and stay out and I'll be relentless hammering on yore theads no matter what they are until you get the picture.

Have another beer. Frost will be a rich OC on some garbage Pac 12 team in 2 years. God help us if we are stuck with him any longer than that.

Options to throw to wasn't even close. Westerkemp, Reilly, Carter, Morgan, DPE. Also had an exp. starter in Tommy. Gerry, Collins and Valentine were all drafted on defense. Frost's first year we went from 84th to 58th on offense.

And, as we continue to add more and more Frost “talent” the offense continues to move in the wrong direction. It was laughably bad this year.

Reactions: blackbones
And, as we continue to add more and more Frost “talent” the offense continues to move in the wrong direction. It was laughably bad this year.

Keeping changing the subject...I agree it's been disappointing on offense but it is more red zone issues than moving the ball. Need to pound it home in the run game and look for tight ends. Have a few decent options at WR but are young. Betts will be a stud as will Fidone at TE/Slot.

Yore annoying.

All teams are losing kids because there is no reason not to look. Clem losing a starting LB, OU lost key players, it is not a Neb issue.
The difference is Clemson gets Skalski and their All-American safety back and we don't have a backup plan for even losing a marginal backup qb. Clemson is going to be the favorite to win the national title next year.

Keeping changing the subject...I agree it's been disappointing on offense but it is more red zone issues than moving the ball. Need to pound it home in the run game and look for tight ends. Have a few decent options at WR but are young. Betts will be a stud as will Fidone at TE/Slot.

Yeah.....Betts and Fidone will be studs just like Wandale Robinson, Omar Manning, Fleming, Chase, Nance, and Houston were going to be studs.

No subject change needed. In year 1 Frost chose to start a true freshman at QB, had JD Spielman/Stanley Morgan and Ozigbo. Frost could have went after Burrow but chose not to. Whoops. Frost knows his QB’s Laughing

I 100% believe we will better in every phase this year.

Interesting you think all the players leaving on offense (mostly bench players like Luke and Warner) is a sign, but all the players coming back on defense (starters) is not. I guess we will see, but I don't see a single place this team won't be better. Losing Wandale will hurt, but the WR's will still be better overall.
I think most of us thought that the special teams would be better last year, but they weren't. They may have even been worse than in 2019. That makes me a little skeptical that the offense and special teams will be better in 2021. But we can only hope that they will.

Last edited:
we havent lost any players that cant be replaced. aside from wondale the rest would be 3rd or 4th teamers next year and they rightfully should transfer if they love playing fb. not having 2-3 qb possibles coming in already is on frost and the coaches. dont have any idea what they are thinking. we shall see

Frost loses lots of players/recruits and never seems to have needed any of them (per fans), which is strange, considering his record.

Yes, you are right though! The steady exodus of players is all part of Frost’s plan. Sweet.
Can you name me 1 that we miss..i cant

Reactions: headcard
I believe Frost is in trouble. He isn't dead in the water but the water is past his mouth and just below his nose. He can recover and I hope he does, but if Vegas had to put money on this I would say its +400 He coaches here at Nebraska past 2023.

No, but they were some of our better players, which makes it all the more sad.

Reactions: Fed-Up
Yore drinking, and it is funny to watch.

Yore getting tiresome though.
You are someone of no depth and a suface dweller too damn stupid to see the bigger picture. I'm a donor to this program and 33 year season ticket holder. You and those like you are what I call a free loader fan who thinks he has a say so. On here by all means as you have every right. It's a beautiful thing yours and others rants thinking the University is gonna hear them? yore dilusional if you think that day will ever come. Pay up the duckets for donation and then maybe you'll have a voice where it matters the most. You are the one that's annoying. Have a nice day someplace else!

• Haha
Reactions: Bonnell20
Too bad the rest of the other 12 Big 10 schools play MUCH better run defense. It's Rutgers for Christ sake.
Welp tell that to the likes of tOSU as we run for 36-210 yards on them and blasted holes in their DL most of the game, the went 48-215 yards rushing. What does that say about our lines. Northwestern posted the worst day all year in rashing D. I can keep goin. So yore statement is a falacy

Welp tell that to the likes of tOSU as we run for 36-210 yards on them and blasted holes in their DL most of the game, the went 48-215 yards rushing. What does that say about our lines. Northwestern posted the worst day all year in rashing D. I can keep goin. So yore statement is a falacy

All that resulted in a very Frost like year of 3-5. Laughing
Yore delusional.

ADVERTISEMENT