ADVERTISEMENT

Frost is in quicksand, and it is his fault

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Frost is losing his most prominent players, and he won’t be able to recruit/retain at a high level for the future due the stench of his record.

After his extension I was threatened on here because I mocked it, but what a disaster. When you have players like Robinson and McCaffrey abandoning you and you are 12-20, it’s over.

Frost famously said Bill Callahan destroyed the Taj Mahal of football and put in a 3 bedroom ranch, so where does that put us now?

ground level studio?

but yes, this is why I feel the AD should have made a change earlier.. it might have saved some of the player exodus (which probably isn't over until next summer).

The only thing Frost might do, if he is desperate enough, is dust off Tom's old offense. Change the entire scheme to what once worked here and try to rebuild from that. His scheme is not working here, for whatever reason(s).

Last edited:
Frost is losing his most prominent players, and he won’t be able to recruit/retain at a high level for the future due the stench of his record.

After his extension I was threatened on here because I mocked it, but what a disaster. When you have players like Robinson and McCaffrey abandoning you and you are 12-20, it’s over.

Frost famously said Bill Callhan destroyed the Taj Mahal of football and put in a 3 bedroom ranch, so where does that put us now?
The sky is falling, The sky is falling! The Chicken Little syndrome is the biggest player on all of RSS and the free board Hahahahaha!

Keep up the good work!! LOL

Last edited:
We have had 3 losing seasons and still recruit top 25. He can just say Luke was not a qb and
Everyone would understand.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
So we should him after year 2.5? You're delusional

Fire him? No, I didn’t say that. It’s actually worse than that. I don’t think we can fire him at this point for both financial and political reasons.

We are simply going to have to drink alongside our glorious athletic director and watch this disaster continue to unfold.Sick

ground level studio?

but yes, this is why I feel the AD should have made a change earlier.. it might have saved some of the player exodus (which probably isn't over until next summer).

The only thing Frost might do, if he is desperate enough, is dust off Tom's old offense. Change the entire scheme to what once worked here and try to rebuild from that. His scheme is not working here, for whatever reason(s).

I truly think Frost bought his own hype and didn’t give the job the seriousness it deserved. He didn’t seem to realize what he was in for in this league at all, and fell flat on his face immediately, never to rise again.

All teams are losing kids because there is no reason not to look. Clem losing a starting LB, OU lost key players, it is not a Neb issue.

Nobody would be pissed if we had Clemson/OU’s record.

Instead we have a lame duck coach who is 12-20 in this 3 years losing his best offensive player on an already horrible offense + “the future” of Nebraska. If Frost wins ten games next year nobody will remember Luke or Wandale. Of course, at this point....Frost even having a winning season would be a minor miracle.

Frost famously said Bill Callahan destroyed the Taj Mahal of football and put in a 3 bedroom ranch, so where does that put us now?
Van down by the River

You were threatened? Is this real or did you just "feel" threatened? I mean, seriously, someone disagreeing with you or thinking you posted something dumb on a message board is not being threatened. Man we've got a bunch of drama queens on here today.

So he lost 5 games in his half year? Riley was fired for a lot less. A hell of a lot coaches have been fired for a lot less.

Instead, we will have to wait it out two more years even though it’s clear as day he is going down in flames.

This, unfortunately.

I don’t see how he can turn this around at this point. He even probably realizes that now and plans to just collect checks, be arrogant, and hunt with his buddies.

You were threatened? Is this real or did you just "feel" threatened? I mean, seriously, someone disagreeing with you or thinking you posted something dumb on a message board is not being threatened. Man we've got a bunch of drama queens on here today.

No, a mod threatened to ban me if I continued to mock his contract extension, which I viewed as meritless and awful.

LOL
they can live without either one of them just fine. Frost has 4/5 star WRs 2 deep

Reactions: dinglefritz
It is on offense. No QB, No RB, WR's no threat, Lineman leaving... He already calls pee wee football plays, I don't know where he is going to improve on this.
Because of the loss of JD and all of the young players, Fresman included Frost ended up dumbing down the O for this reason as the Freshman barely knew anything as A LOT of them played. Frost stated that in an interview before we even played our 1st game. It really hurt when we lost Mills for 3 games.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Because of the loss of JD and all of the young players, Fresman included Frost eneded up dumbing down the O for this reason and the Freshman barely knew anything and quite a few that played Frost stated that in an interview before we even played our 1st game. It really hurt when we lost Mills for 3 games.

You seem to be drinking early today.

Why are you even here on the peasant board?

Running off FB coaches after a few years hasn't worked too well for us. I'm okay giving Frost at least a couple more years to get this turned around.

Because of the loss of JD and all of the young players, Fresman included Frost eneded up dumbing down the O for this reason and the Freshman barely knew anything and quite a few that played Frost stated that in an interview before we even played our 1st game. It really hurt when we lost Mills for 3 games.

With what is returning and what is leaving, do you really believe it is going to be better this year? The QB is highly ineffective and no proven RB's in the mix, WR's who can't get open. All the players leaving on offense is a telling sign of the program.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I truly think Frost bought his own hype and didn’t give the job the seriousness it deserved. He didn’t seem to realize what he was in for in this league at all, and fell flat on his face immediately, never to rise again.
That’s an excuse. It’s okay to say that he hasn’t succeeded as the coach of Nebraska. I don’t believe it’s a lack of effort or focus, it just a matter of failure. He will have the opportunity to change that. The drive, the confidence, that’s what’s needed to succeed on this level. The ability to take these massive hits and terrible start to his career at Nebraska, then overcome it that will define him. I don’t believe for a second that he underestimated the gig or that his work ethic is there, it just hasn’t worked.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
You seem to be drinking early today.

Why are you even here on the peasant board?
Why do you even post as you as you have absolutely no idea about what you are taling about and I've read quite a few of your posts. You are just one of quite a few that has no depth to them whatsoever as you along with the others are surface dwellers only and not smart enough to see the big picture.

moderators don't ban people for mocking a contract extension. There's more to it than that.

Nope. I had mocked his contract extension repeatedly over a few weeks. I was threatened with a suspension.

Frost was Nebraska’s guy.

My criticism of his extension aged well, however.

With what is returning and what is leaving, do you really believe it is going to be better this year? The QB is highly ineffective and no proven RB's in the mix, WR's who can't get open. All the players leaving on offense is a telling sign of the program.
I think what we all saw against Rutgers is gonna be the offense going forward

I 100% believe we will better in every phase this year.

Interesting you think all the players leaving on offense (mostly bench players like Luke and Warner) is a sign, but all the players coming back on defense (starters) is not. I guess we will see, but I don't see a single place this team won't be better. Losing Wandale will hurt, but the WR's will still be better overall.

Interesting you think all the players leaving on offense (mostly bench players like Luke and Warner) is a sign, but all the players coming back on defense (starters) is not. I guess we will see, but I don't see a single place this team won't be better. Losing Wandale will hurt, but the WR's will still be better overall.
The players that we just lost such as Wan'Dale, sure he was a yard getter but with the size of receivers Frost is now deploying in the O leaves no room for the smaller ones. The overall size of the O has left guys like WR behind as Frost and Martinez said that AM had a hard time seeing Wan'Dale to target him. When you have a line the size they are the QB is gonna have a hard time seeing him. We ran Robinson as we had no choice as he was only one that had full on experience at RB after Mills went down. Mac had no choice as he wants to be a starter and also has a lot to do with Smothers being on the roster. Kade was a hell of a leader not only in the Receiver room but the entire locker room as well. He's gonna go somewhere he can play. Frost wants all out warp speed in his O and Warner doesn't have it. WF couldn't gain the weight and is also to slow for the OL. All in all, I hope they land on their feet and are able to play somewhere.

I also believe we'll be better, but the nagging worry that I can't quite get over is the lack of progress with stupid mistakes. We'll be bigger, stronger, more experienced, maybe more talented at WR overall.... but can we get lined up? Not false start? Catch punts? Not throw interceptions? Not sail snaps over the QB's head? Not get cute in the red zone? Time will tell. It's going to be a long, long, long spring and summer around here.

Reactions: headcard
I also believe we'll be better, but the nagging worry that I can't quite get over is the lack of progress with stupid mistakes. We'll be bigger, stronger, more experienced, maybe more talented at WR overall.... but can we get lined up? Not false start? Catch punts? Not throw interceptions? Not sail snaps over the QB's head? Not get cute in the red zone? Time will tell. It's going to be a long, long, long spring and summer around here.

Well said. I agree 100%.

So he lost 5 games in his half year? Riley was fired for a lot less. A hell of a lot coaches have been fired for a lot less.

Instead, we will have to wait it out two more years even though it’s clear as day he is going down in flames.

Riley took over a hell of a lot better situation after another 9 win Pelini team. We changed from a huddle west coast offense to a no huddle spread...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT