ADVERTISEMENT

Frost Interview Notes

You're telling me that Riley inherited more talent from Pelini than what Pelini inherited from Callahan?

Side note - If you're going to use the term "snowflake" at least use it correctly.
What Pelini inherited hasn't been the source of discussion. You are changing the argument. It was about what Riley has left SF. I'm saying Riley inherited players that were consistently winning 9+ games a year and had a proven starting QB and a couple of 4* qb's. SF inherited a 4-8 soft team that doesn't know hot to be successful including a couple of 4 star QB's that have little or no experience.

As far as culture and toxicity. Well we can argue that all day but its safe to say that it was pretty even. MR lost players due to his approach to football and so will SF. Many players didn't buy into the soft play and many players on the SF team will not buy into the hard play. Both will create toxicity but its already been proven that MR couldn't over come it. We will see if SF can.

Reactions: Redondo
Not good. He's said it'll take 3 years before Frost will actually be able to turn this program around.
Well it might. You don't know. Its called a prediction. What I think is funny is that many people predicted MR would destroy our program and you fought anyone that suggested that. And now one of those posters is predicting it might take 3 years to turn it around to the point of winning championships and you are questioning him? He had it right the last 3 years and you were wrong. Maybe you should just bow out of this argument for a little while.

Its pretty obvious he thinks the program is more messed up than you do as you think that 4-8 team was loaded. Yet you thought MR was a great coach. Do you even see the rational conflict there? If we win 10 games this year you can come rub it in our face.

Reactions: Husker1078
Well it might. You don't know. Its called a prediction. What I think is funny is that many people predicted MR would destroy our program and you fought anyone that suggested that. And now one of those posters is predicting it might take 3 years to turn it around to the point of winning championships and you are questioning him? He had it right the last 3 years and you were wrong. Maybe you should just bow out of this argument for a little while.

Its pretty obvious he thinks the program is more messed up than you do as you think that 4-8 team was loaded. Yet you thought MR was a great coach. Do you even see the rational conflict there? If we win 10 games this year you can come rub it in our face.
In fairness, to say he had it right the last three years is hard to prove... he hasn’t been posting more than 6 months or so.

In that time he has said he knew all along we would win fewer than 6 games, but not until after the season was over. Hindsight being what it is, he was right, but I don’t ever recall any such prediction before the season began...

Not saying Dave is wrong, because he may have been thinking this from the start of the Riley regime, but there really is no way to prove it.

Edit: crap... did it again. Dave has been a member since 2010... so their might be proof out their after all. Why can’t you change your screen name to huskercigarette or something? That would really help me...

Reactions: HuskerO
In fairness, to say he had it right the last three years is hard to prove... he hasn’t been posting more than 6 months or so.

In that time he has said he knew all along we would win fewer than 6 games, but not until after the season was over. Hindsight being what it is, he was right, but I don’t ever recall any such prediction before the season began...

Not saying Dave is wrong, because he may have been thinking this from the start of the Riley regime, but there really is no way to prove it
Fair enough. I didn't look at his joined date but pretty sure based on his posting style and his messages that he never was on the band wagon but you are correct. It can't be proven.

Edit: crap... did it again. Dave has been a member since 2010... so their might be proof out their after all. Why can’t you change your screen name to huskercigarette or something? That would really help me...
Yuk. Cigarette's are disgusting.........now a fine cigar. Smokin

Reactions: HuskerO and timnsun
Fair enough. I didn't look at his joined date but pretty sure based on his posting style and his messages that he never was on the band wagon but you are correct. It can't be proven.
I agree, he was never on the bandwagon. No doubt about that. What I struggle with is the hindsight posts that say “I knew it all along.” It’s easy not to make a prediction and hen say after the season is a wreck, “I knew it would happen this way.”

Now I haven’t searched, and he very well could have been posting this since before last season. If so, I am doubly wrong.

The true colors of posters here continue to come out.
Some are still so upset Riley got fired and didnt work out that they are clearly letting it cloud their judgement. They are also becoming more and more hostile toward the Frost excitement and fanbase and are trying to push the "you wont have the same parameters for frost as did riley boo hoo hoo its not fair". Cry me a river you wimps. Heres the problem: these two situations are entirely different and to pretend otherwise is simply moronic. There are not a bunch of controlled variables at play. We just had the worst three years in the past 80 years of husker football, and are coming off the worst year Nebraska has had since WWII. The worst.
Things are not the same as they were when Riley took over. They are worse.

Any measure you try to use to say they are better is purely subjective and biased. We got shit stomped by very bad teams this year...which is fact. We have serious strength and consitioning problems, which is fact. We were probably one of the worst 20 teams in all off division 1 football.

Now before all you babies get your panties in a bunch, everthing I just said does not mean the following:
-Riley didnt have it tough. He did. Bo wasnt a great recruiter. But kids also left when bo left. And there were a few bad apples but its not to the extent some make it seem,
-Frost will be given a longer leash. NO. If Frost has the same results in three years as Riley he should be canned as well. The reason the butthurt coalition can ridicule everyone and say "frost will get a longer leash its not fair you hypocrites waaa waaaa" is because they know their theory wont be tested because frost will do better than riley. Theres no eay frost only has 4 wins in year 3.

As far as the roster crap, as others have said, theres no real evidence the roster is that much better. Neither were in great shape for different reasons. Also take into account what frost said during recruiting about secondary and recievers. We just had a great class and needed LB and RB as well and got a lot there, only missed on DL.
There is no real evidence of the roster being in much better shape. Thats what riley fans like to say because they made up their mind already a few years ago that riey would fix the roster. Its not substantive. Its hope and biased arguments, nothing more.
This isnt an excuse for Frost. I expect improvement and if we have a first year of questionable play calling and clock management that leads to losses and soft play ill be pissed.
But stop pretending riley had it so much worse than frost does, because it is false. The team is in much worse shape than ever, because they have a soft, losing, fragile mentality.
The goal posts have not moved, we are kicking from the 55 instead of the 35 like riley was. Riley moved us back, lets hope frost can move use closer to the goal.
I suggest you people GET OVER IT.

The true colors of posters here continue to come out.
Some are still so upset Riley got fired and didnt work out that they are clearly letting it cloud their judgement. They are also becoming more and more hostile toward the Frost excitement and fanbase and are trying to push the "you wont have the same parameters for frost as did riley boo hoo hoo its not fair". Cry me a river you wimps. Heres the problem: these two situations are entirely different and to pretend otherwise is simply moronic. There are not a bunch of controlled variables at play. We just had the worst three years in the past 80 years of husker football, and are coming off the worst year Nebraska has had since WWII. The worst.
Things are not the same as they were when Riley took over. They are worse.

Any measure you try to use to say they are better is purely subjective and biased. We got shit stomped by very bad teams this year...which is fact. We have serious strength and consitioning problems, which is fact. We were probably one of the worst 20 teams in all off division 1 football.

Now before all you babies get your panties in a bunch, everthing I just said does not mean the following:
-Riley didnt have it tough. He did. Bo wasnt a great recruiter. But kids also left when bo left. And there were a few bad apples but its not to the extent some make it seem,
-Frost will be given a longer leash. NO. If Frost has the same results in three years as Riley he should be canned as well. The reason the butthurt coalition can ridicule everyone and say "frost will get a longer leash its not fair you hypocrites waaa waaaa" is because they know their theory wont be tested because frost will do better than riley. Theres no eay frost only has 4 wins in year 3.

As far as the roster crap, as others have said, theres no real evidence the roster is that much better. Neither were in great shape for different reasons. Also take into account what frost said during recruiting about secondary and recievers. We just had a great class and needed LB and RB as well and got a lot there, only missed on DL.
There is no real evidence of the roster being in much better shape. Thats what riley fans like to say because they made up their mind already a few years ago that riey would fix the roster. Its not substantive. Its hope and biased arguments, nothing more.
This isnt an excuse for Frost. I expect improvement and if we have a first year of questionable play calling and clock management that leads to losses and soft play ill be pissed.
But stop pretending riley had it so much worse than frost does, because it is false. The team is in much worse shape than ever, because they have a soft, losing, fragile mentality.
The goal posts have not moved, we are kicking from the 55 instead of the 35 like riley was. Riley moved us back, lets hope frost can move use closer to the goal.
I suggest you people GET OVER IT.

100% on the money. The Beaver lovers just can't grasp that.

And now one of those posters is predicting it might take 3 years to turn it around to the point of winning championships and you are questioning him?
Easy to show up during the shitty season, make a claim that you knew this was going to happen and claim you were right all along. Sorry where was dave during season 1 and 2?

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I understand you are thinking my logic is flawed, but you haven't explained how or why. Please clarify.
My claim: Frost is inheriting more talent/depth from Riley than what Riley inherited from Pelini.

Your claim: Riley inherited a 9-4 team, SF inherited a 4-8 team. Therefore Riley inherited more talent/depth from Pelini than what Frost is inheriting from Riley.

I'll continue on, but I want to make sure I have your claim correct to alleviate any confusion. Do I have your claim correct?

Riley started with a previous 9-4 team and SF starts with a previous 4-8 team. Where is your better logic now that you have pointed out mine is flawed? And this has nothing to do with the callahan to pelini 2007 time period.
You can't claim certain logic as your reasoning and not be able to use the exact same logic for other examples. Otherwise someone claiming their own logic would never ever be wrong. That's not how debates work as you can't pigeonhole logic to just one example.

What Pelini inherited hasn't been the source of discussion. You are changing the argument.
No I'm not. I'm disproving Redondo's and your logic that a previous years record determines how much talent/depth the following year is going to have.

It was about what Riley has left SF. I'm saying Riley inherited players that were consistently winning 9+ games a year and had a proven starting QB and a couple of 4* qb's. SF inherited a 4-8 soft team that doesn't know hot to be successful including a couple of 4 star QB's that have little or no experience.
Riley didn't inherit the same players from the 2015 team, so the 2015 record means very little in terms of talent/depth for the 2016 team. Abdullah, Bell, Moudy, Cotton, Turner, Z. Anderson, Cooper, Mitchell, Roach all gone.

I'll ask again on the 4* QB's Riley inherited. If they were so good, once they left why didn't they excel at their new schools?

As far as culture and toxicity. Well we can argue that all day but its safe to say that it was pretty even. MR lost players due to his approach to football and so will SF. Many players didn't buy into the soft play and many players on the SF team will not buy into the hard play. Both will create toxicity but its already been proven that MR couldn't over come it. We will see if SF can.
Finally someone on the anti-Riley group admits there was toxicity in the locker room when Riley came here. You're right, Riley couldn't overcome the toxicity year 1. Fortunately for Frost he won't have to overcome toxicity because there is none.

Riley didn't force our players to work hard. It's not that he didn't want them to, but Riley thought his own players could self-motivate. Clearly he made a huge mistake in believing so in taking that approach. So it's not like our players are lazy and weak. They just needed the guidance and butt-kicking that Riley didn't offer. That's not toxicity.

I just laugh that there's this idea that our current players don't want to work hard. There is absolutely zero shred of proof that would state that.

Last edited:
You people need to stop this garbage conversation. Stop trying to gauge our current coach based on previous coaching. Bopper is gone Smiley is gone.

Who cares which is worse, bopo left a toxic us against them attitude vs mike leaving soft fat lazy do nothing bodies. Talent is debatable without development it is impossible to gauge. Stars next to names mean jack squat.

Frost is here now. Duvall has them in the weight room and training table now.

This argument you are having is old and tired, much like Boppers personality and ol mikeys coaching prowess. THEY WERE BOTH TERRIBLE IN THEIR OWN WAY. /thread.

Reactions: Lars72
Some are still so upset Riley got fired and didnt work out that they are clearly letting it cloud their judgement. They are also becoming more and more hostile toward the Frost excitement and fanbase and are trying to push the "you wont have the same parameters for frost as did riley boo hoo hoo its not fair". Cry me a river you wimps.
I'm going to assume I'm being lumped into this group. If so, how are you not getting this? Just because Riley isn't getting the same shake as Frost doesn't mean I'm more hostile towards the Frost excitement. I'm stoke Frost is here, he will do great things at Nebraska. I was never a season ticket holder, but now I am. Nebraska is going to be back with Frost taking the reigns and we'll be back sooner rather than later and continue to be a great program many years from now with Frost as our head man.

It has been and will always be about calling out the hypocrisy. Now I can turn this around on you and tell you to stop crying like a wimp and that the hypocrisy will continue to be called out. But I won't.

Reactions: SOHusker11
My claim: Frost is inheriting more talent/depth from Riley than what Riley inherited from Pelini.

Your claim: Riley inherited a 9-4 team, SF inherited a 4-8 team. Therefore Riley inherited more talent/depth from Pelini than what Frost is inheriting from Riley.

I'll continue on, but I want to make sure I have your claim correct to alleviate any confusion. Do I have your claim correct?

Post of the thread (at least the last three pgs). You got it.

Reactions: SOHusker11

No, I don't ever remember saying mr had more talent, but all along here YOU have been saying SF inherited more talent than MR. I have only been saying there is no real, objective way to prove who inherited more talent other than the immediate previous win/loss records. I don't know which talent was better at their respective snapshot points, but the only semi-objective evidence seems to indicate a 9-4 team had more talent than a 4-8 team, at least the talent that was utilized. Therfore I think your claims are dubious at best.

Husker 1414 made a good point above

"As far as the roster crap, as others have said, theres no real evidence the roster is that much better. Neither were in great shape for different reasons. Also take into account what frost said during recruiting about secondary and recievers. We just had a great class and needed LB and RB as well and got a lot there, only missed on DL."

Add that to how Cav only prepared 5 O linemen per game and they looked atrocious would seem enough evidence of the amount of work to be done (along with SF's observations about changing their bodies.)

I think we are going to see quite a few underclassmen play as freshmen, IMO. What would that tell you if it happens?

You have tenaciously stuck with your claims and that is evidence of your convictions And I think that is commendable to a certain extent and I appreciate that, but I just don't see the evidence to your claim that can't be proven and probably never will be.

Last edited:
I just don't see the evidence to your claim that can't be proven and probably never will be.
It'll be proven right or wrong 3-4 years from now for sure. We'll see how much Riley's guys contribute during Frost's first few years.

It'll be proven right or wrong 3-4 years from now for sure. We'll see how much Riley's guys contribute during Frost's first few years.

At that point, it really won't seem to have been of any consequence, and none of this discussion will probably be remembered, anyway, and there would be no way to factor in or out the affect of development or injury. It will be all academic and theoretical and disregarded, hopefully, because of consistent winning.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume I'm being lumped into this group. If so, how are you not getting this? Just because Riley isn't getting the same shake as Frost doesn't mean I'm more hostile towards the Frost excitement. I'm stoke Frost is here, he will do great things at Nebraska. I was never a season ticket holder, but now I am. Nebraska is going to be back with Frost taking the reigns and we'll be back sooner rather than later and continue to be a great program many years from now with Frost as our head man.

It has been and will always be about calling out the hypocrisy. Now I can turn this around on you and tell you to stop crying like a wimp and that the hypocrisy will continue to be called out. But I won't.
There is no hypocrisy!
Cant argue the rest of my post.
You are butthurt. It blinds you. Get over it.

I think huskerfan1414 is probably a good dude in real life, but he's getting sucked into the trap that the Bo-Zos have laid out for the rest of Husker Nation. This is the last ditch effort, an effort in which you'll probably see at least a few dormant accounts show up to tear FHCMR to shreds, to avenge the pain that some individuals felt over how things went down with Bo and to prop him up as much as possible.

#BoZosBeGone #BoDontKnowCrootin #BoFoons4Life

I think huskerfan1414 is probably a good dude in real life, but he's getting sucked into the trap that the Bo-Zos have laid out for the rest of Husker Nation. This is the last ditch effort, an effort in which you'll probably see at least a few dormant accounts show up to tear FHCMR to shreds, to avenge the pain that some individuals felt over how things went down with Bo and to prop him up as much as possible.

#BoZosBeGone #BoDontKnowCrootin #BoFoons4Life
Im not getting the bo part of it.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Easy to show up during the shitty season, make a claim that you knew this was going to happen and claim you were right all along. Sorry where was dave during season 1 and 2?

Dave has posted his views for some time now...I frequent a non Husker related message board where Dave posts and he has said these very same things a couple of years ago...With respect to his privacy I will not share, but he has been spot on...

Dave has posted his views for some time now...I frequent a non Husker related message board where Dave posts and he has said these very same things a couple of years ago...With respect to his privacy I will not share, but he has been spot on...

Ah yes, of course. He knew it all along but only shared his views on some mystery non-husker related site. Riiiight.

I joined this site in 2010 just to see what husker fans were saying
I wasn’t happy with bos performance but could see both sides and didn’t then have a strong opinion
Didn’t bother posting here
Person only has so much time

I posted on another free sight under the name jmfb
I posted there instead of here because they had more content and more recruiting info
Only posted technical football stuff about bos defense and offense
Not much in the way of opinions

Didn’t post a lot there until Riley was hired
I was agrressively against the hire
I showed statistically who he was and why his approach would never ever win here

At some point in time they put in a temporary policy of not criticizing the coaching staff
I didn’t abide by that and was banned

I also post in 2 football coaching sites for the last 15 or so years under my full name just like here
I’ve actually met hundreds of those guys face to face at clinics- lots less anonymity

I have been consistently against Riley from the hiring date and explained in detail why I was confident they would fail
Those aren’t threads I started
I may have 20000 posts there- people know I’m from Nebraska or have attended clinics I’ve spoken at and ask me what I thought
I was asked by about a dozen guys on Friday and Saturday- I’m consistent
Over 240 clinics in 35 states
I get to hear from a lot of football coaches what they think about Nebraska football

I haven’t posted in 3 days
Attending/ speaking at clinic in Michigan

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT