ADVERTISEMENT

Frost has made Nebraska competitive again

Perhaps I worded that poorly. At times they dominated teams. Arizona, Missouri, K state, there are probably a few others I'm forgetting.
Frost can even dominate teams like Rutgers last year, or Illinois the year we had near what 700 yards? And still barely won?
My point wasn't we should still have Bo as coach. It was stop with the revisionist bull sh!t that we haven't been good for 20 years and guaranteed Bo, Cally, and Riley lose to Much st and OU.

This is bull sh!t to somehow try and say Frost is a better coach than the previous 3. I haven't seen that yet, and I'm not saying those coaches were all complete garbage to make us feel better about Scotty.
Fair enough

What about Pelini’s years without Callahan’s players? He was getting torched by the Wisconsins and Ohio States. Once Pelini didn’t have Suh, David, Gomes, Hagg, etc, it isn’t revisionist history. It’s reality.

Pelini found ways to consistently beat iowa, but couldn’t crack the wisconsin nut, lost games to northwestern, etc… what you could say about Pelini was that he didn’t lose much to teams he shouldn’t lose to. So there’s that.

Heh.....and for the seven years he was NU's HC he won 9 or 10 games every single year. I'd have to say that's way, wayyyyyy better than the Clownahan losing machine.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
At this point I would gladly take either over the current circus shit show.
I would take Callahan with Chinander as his DC. What Callahan's tenure should remind us is that sometimes you don't have to completely clean house. IF Tom wouldn't have wanted Callahan gone it is very possible that Callahan could have hired a new defensive staff and done very well going forward at NU. He recruited extremely well and brought in talent we haven't seen at NU since. IMO, IF I were cashing the AD check, I would retain Frost but "suggest" some staff changes. JMO.

No question about that at worse we should be 4-1 at this point.. That is why the fan base is so frustrated..
Really probably should be undefeated but make no mistake, no coach we've had since Frank other than maybe Clownahan wouldn't have likely had us in the position to lose by one score. Damn it we're so freaking close to winning these games. At some point WE are going to be the team that benefits from the missed field goal or shanked punt.

Last edited:
Yep Melvin Gordon scored again....the only thing idiots keep repeating when Bo name is brought up....ORIGINAL!

Well Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota just scored again! All teams that beat Nebraska in the last 36 games! Damn near the WHOLE CONFERENCE.

I guess that's much more respectable to you huh??I bet you live in Nebraska also with think-a-likes around you. We are the laughing stock of the nation and I have to answer for it EVERY DAY because people know who I root for.

Luckily I can take it! Unfortunately most Nebraska fans wouldn't be able too tho. You can see how much they lose their sh!t when you say anything bad about Frost and bad decisions Eichorst, Pederson and that idiot Harvey Perlman!
Sorry, Bo was not a good coach. I wanted him to be good and he started off that way, then things started going south and you could see the decline. What I found far worse and even more embarrassing was the way he acted, cringe worthy every time things didn't go his way.

Official were so fed up with his demeanor we were getting flagged for basically sneezing in the wrong direction. How many losses were based on flags from Bo losing his cool at the waning minutes of a game when the drive was needed. One of his players called him out just recently, saying Bo would lose it at the most crucial time when the team tended to react the same way.

I wanted Bo to work; face it, he didn't because he was a lazy recruiter and his emotions destroyed any good in him.

No question about that at worse we should be 4-1 at this point.. That is why the fan base is so frustrated..
Exactly. It's a giant tease to see were finally as good as were supposed to be (ish) to compete with even the big dogs, yet WE find a way to lose. Blue balls in the fan base is another way to get fired here

Reactions: dinglefritz
Exactly. It's a giant tease to see were finally as good as were supposed to be (ish) to compete with even the big dogs, yet WE find a way to lose. Blue balls in the fan base is another way to get fired here
All we needed was 3 30 yard punts on Saturday. We HAVE to have SOMEBODY on our staff who can adequately evaluate and coach our punters and kickers. Frost has to fix that. There was nothing wrong with the schemes or play calls on those punts. It was the punters. Surely we have a walk on punter who can punt it high 30 yards down the field. IF I'm the coach, THAT guy is our starting punter on Saturday.

Say what you will, but callahan, bo and riley would have got slaughtered against oklahoma and michigan state
where frost lost but at least had a chance..
and it was more our mistakes that lost the games so something can be done about it (hopefully)
This is one way to spin the man having a noticeably worst winning percentage than all of them.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Sorry, Bo was not a good coach. I wanted him to be good and he started off that way, then things started going south and you could see the decline. What I found far worse and even more embarrassing was the way he acted, cringe worthy every time things didn't go his way.

Official were so fed up with his demeanor we were getting flagged for basically sneezing in the wrong direction. How many losses were based on flags from Bo losing his cool at the waning minutes of a game when the drive was needed. One of his players called him out just recently, saying Bo would lose it at the most crucial time when the team tended to react the same way.

I wanted Bo to work; face it, he didn't because he was a lazy recruiter and his emotions destroyed any good in him.

He also had a Chancellor and Athletic Director against him! With all that he STILL finished his last year 9-3 with a win over Iowa!

What have we done with the recruiting, sane coaches we had since who had the backing of the AD and Chancellor's since?? I'm listening.....

Reactions: oldjar07
I've been an outsider who supports Frost keeping his job. I'm neither a fan of his nor of N.

This thread screams that moral victories matter. Indeed, N is getting better. It just takes patience now from fans and administration before he turns the corner to victories.

Say what you will, but callahan, bo and riley would have got slaughtered against oklahoma and michigan state
and it was more our mistakes that lost the games so something can be done about it (hopefully)
It's about winning and
I've been an outsider who supports Frost keeping his job. I'm neither a fan of his nor of N.

This thread screams that moral victories matter. Indeed, N is getting better. It just takes patience now from fans and administration before he turns the corner to victories.
Like 2 more years ? That should equal 6 to 7 wins.

I would take Callahan with Chinander as his DC. What Callahan's tenure should remind us is that sometimes you don't have to completely clean house. IF Tom wouldn't have wanted Callahan gone it is very possible that Callahan could have hired a new defensive staff and done very well going forward at NU. He recruited extremely well and brought in talent we haven't seen at NU since. IMO, IF I were cashing the AD check, I would retain Frost but "suggest" some staff changes. JMO.
Klownahan.....Jeez what's your obsession with a .500 coach??! The players hated his ass! Any one who knew players on that team KNEW THIS! Disrespected the fan base, the past, traditions the moment he walked in the door.

This klown LOST to Southern Miss and made national news. Texas Tech embarrassed him 70-10, lost to KState 45-21, Oklahoma beat him 30-3.....4 BLOWOUTS all in ONE YEAR!

First coach no bowl and LOSING SEASON since the 60's for Pete's sake!! This dude was pathetic, probably a lil better than what we have now....still was incompetent!
STOP the revisionist HISTORY...

Reactions: oldjar07

People were "celebrating" close losses Frost's first year as the Nebraska head coach. I let time pass to see if those close games could turn into wins, but it never has. There's no sign it will flip from losses to wins either, especially with a 79th ranked recruiting class.

Klownahan.....Jeez what's your obsession with a .500 coach??! The players hated his ass! Any one who knew players on that team KNEW THIS! Disrespected the fan base, the past, traditions the moment he walked in the door.

This klown LOST to Southern Miss and made national news. Texas Tech embarrassed him 70-10, lost to KState 45-21, Oklahoma beat him 30-3.....4 BLOWOUTS all in ONE YEAR!

First coach no bowl and LOSING SEASON since the 60's for Pete's sake!! This dude was pathetic, probably a lil better than what we have now....still was incompetent!
STOP the revisionist HISTORY...
I am not obsessed but I'm also not somebody who can't objectively look at a coach. SOME players hated his ass but mostly former players. SOME players especially on the offensive side of the ball loved the guy. Frank's leftovers not so much. Make him out to be the devil if you want, he's a decent human being.

I am not obsessed but I'm also not somebody who can't objectively look at a coach. SOME players hated his ass but mostly former players. SOME players especially on the offensive side of the ball loved the guy. Frank's leftovers not so much. Make him out to be the devil if you want, he's a decent human being.
That crusty old f…

2008: 11/01 #Oklahoma Norman L 28-62

2013: 11/16 #Mich. State Lincoln L 28-41

get off bo's sack already...live in the here and now
That 2008 Oklahoma team made the national title game and was a much more complete team than this year's. Bo actually beat MSU more than once. He didn't have to settle for a close loss being a massive sign of progress, which probably isn't even the case.

Wait - Melvin Gordon scores again!!!! WOW. Bo was TERRIBLE after Callahan's recruits were gone. MAJOR blowouts towards the end that were just embarrassing.
It's much more embarrassing to have 4 straight losing seasons. I can get over a blowout loss in a week. Having a shitty team that can't even make it to a bowl game, there's no escape from that.

Callahan's teams were competitive except in the latter half of the 2007 season. Pelini's teams were great against inferior teams but just got slaughtered by better teams. Riley sucked. Not going to argue that one. This is the best Nebraska team Frost has fielded, particularly on defense, but that is not saying much. To be 2-3 right now and not 4-1 or 5-0 speaks volumes.

It's much more embarrassing to have 4 straight losing seasons. I can get over a blowout loss in a week. Having a shitty team that can't even make it to a bowl game, there's no escape from that.
So you don't see going 4-8 while keeping every game close as a successful season?🤔 Not everyone can be Alabama and Ohio State ya know.

Callahan completely sucked. Like I said, Nebraska fans need to look beyond the borders of memorial stadium. There are much better options out there.

No, Chin has. I can't fathom how bad this train wreck would be if Chin hadn't grown so much as a DC since he was hired.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So you don't see going 4-8 while keeping every game close as a successful season?🤔 Not everyone can be Alabama and Ohio State ya know.
If we go 4-8, you won’t find many saying that we should keep frost.

The close games now gives hope that maybe we get some victories down the stretch. If we don’t, he will be gone.

But go ahead and pretend that there are people who will be satisfied with the product even if we are 4-8. Nothing anyone here says will change how you feel.

Doesn't matter one bit how close it was, the record still says we lost. Don't know how that makes us "competitive" when we're last in the conference and have a 2-3 record.

If Nebraska is ever going to be successful again, it needs continuity in its coaching. No program is going to consistently win over the long run with a revolving door of coaches every four years. How does recruiting, player development, or play calling reach elite levels when it is in constant change?

With that said, the coach has to actually be qualified for their job. Frost has to show me more if I'm going to support him as head coach next year. Yes, the team went toe-to-toe with ranked Oklahoma and Michigan State. Probably should be undefeated right now. But probably doesn't pay the bills. The second half of the season has to be better than the first, or he's fired. Going 4-8 with lots of moral victories fit for a Disney afternoon special is not going to cut it at Nebraska. Real wins, not pretend wins. Pretty simple, actually.

What about Pelini’s years without Callahan’s players? He was getting torched by the Wisconsins and Ohio States. Once Pelini didn’t have Suh, David, Gomes, Hagg, etc, it isn’t revisionist history. It’s reality.

Pelini found ways to consistently beat iowa, but couldn’t crack the wisconsin nut, lost games to northwestern, etc… what you could say about Pelini was that he didn’t lose much to teams he shouldn’t lose to. So there’s that.

Which brings us to getting Cally back as offensive coordinator / line coach. Plus the guy can recruit.

alot of these fans think NU
No, Chin has. I can't fathom how bad this train wreck would be if Chin hadn't grown so much as a DC since he was hired.
frost hired chin.....I will hold some coaching lessons on here, explaining in more detail how coaching college football works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT