ADVERTISEMENT

Frost has made Nebraska competitive again

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
Say what you will, but callahan, bo and riley would have got slaughtered against oklahoma and michigan state
where frost lost but at least had a chance..
and it was more our mistakes that lost the games so something can be done about it (hopefully)

Say what you will about Bo, (he was a pyscho who couldnt put a complete team together in any given year), but Mich St would have rolled him? Please. Even this years Oklahoma? Not a given imo.

WAY too many people on this board forget the 2009 D, parts of the 2010 D, and some offensive performances by TMart and crew. There were games against some decent to downright good teams, Nebraska under Bo dominated. Has that happened YET under Frost? Not saying it cant or wont, but enough of people tugging at his sack all the while tearing down other former coaches with BS revisionist history.

Say what you will about Bo, (he was a pyscho who couldnt put a complete team together in any given year), but Mich St would have rolled him? Please. Even this years Oklahoma? Not a given imo.

WAY too many people on this board forget the 2009 D, parts of the 2010 D, and some offensive performances by TMart and crew. There were games against some decent to downright good teams, Nebraska under Bo dominated. Has that happened YET under Frost? Not saying it cant or wont, but enough of people tugging at his sack all the while tearing down other former coaches with BS revisionist history.
What about Pelini’s years without Callahan’s players? He was getting torched by the Wisconsins and Ohio States. Once Pelini didn’t have Suh, David, Gomes, Hagg, etc, it isn’t revisionist history. It’s reality.

Pelini found ways to consistently beat iowa, but couldn’t crack the wisconsin nut, lost games to northwestern, etc… what you could say about Pelini was that he didn’t lose much to teams he shouldn’t lose to. So there’s that.

What about Pelini’s years without Callahan’s players? He was getting torched by the Wisconsins and Ohio States. Once Pelini didn’t have Suh, David, Gomes, Hagg, etc, it isn’t revisionist history. It’s reality.

Pelini found ways to consistently beat iowa, but couldn’t crack the wisconsin nut, lost games to northwestern, etc… what you could say about Pelini was that he didn’t lose much to teams he shouldn’t lose to. So there’s that.

and " that " gives you a chance. with dumbass we have no chance at "that"

If a head coach coaches 30 games as a P5 head coach and lost all 30 games by 1 point, does that make one a good coach or a bad coach?

The record would be 0-30.
Total points lost by for all 30 games: 30 points total.

Is being "competitive" when losing so many close games a good thing or a bad thing? I have my answers but will leave it open to others.

If a head coach coaches 30 games as a P5 head coach and lost all 30 games by 1 point, does that make one a good coach or a bad coach?

Is being "competitive" when losing so many close games a good thing or a bad thing? I have my answers but will leave it open to others.
You're a really bad at this.

Wait - Melvin Gordon scores again!!!! WOW. Bo was TERRIBLE after Callahan's recruits were gone. MAJOR blowouts towards the end that were just embarrassing.

Nebraska under Bo dominated? Hardly. He got fired for three reasons: his horrible sideline demeanor, his increasingly mediocre recruiting, and for getting boat raced every time he played a really good team.

I'll bite on your question...An 0-30 record, the coach would be considered terrible.

Coaches are paid to win, not to be competitive. Period. Point. Blank.

Last edited:

This is a tremendously silly post… But I’ll play along. It means a coach may be right on the cusp, and a few tweaks could be the difference between 0-30 and 30-0.

Maybe he would be a bad coach. Maybe he would be unlucky. Either way, Frost isn’t 0-30, so what purpose does this post serve?

This is a tremendously silly post… But I’ll play along. It means a coach may be right on the cusp, and a few tweaks could be the difference between 0-30 and 30-0.

Maybe he would be a bad coach. Maybe he would be unlucky. Either way, Frost isn’t 0-30, so what purpose does this post serve?
I think he is related to jbl321 myself..

Reactions: wkato and timnsun

kind of like the old saying "if your aunt had balls, she'd be you uncle". either way she'd still be crazy if she was pyschotic to begin with

Reactions: timnsun
2008: 11/01 #Oklahoma Norman L 28-62

2013: 11/16 #Mich. State Lincoln L 28-41

get off bo's sack already...live in the here and now
So. You think people here a dumb huh?? Why don't you bring up all the games Bo had against those teams. I don't know what worse, the fact that you wrote this or the fact someone LIKED this SELECTIVE revisionist POST!

Nebraska beat Mich State 24-3 in 2011
Nebraska beat Mich State 28-24 in 2012
Beat Oklahoma in 2009

Yea he lost big in his FIRST year at Neb to Oklahoma....still won 9 games and a bowl game against Clemson.

Also lost in Big 12 Championship to Oklahoma 23-20.

No comparison...get off Bo's nut sack already! If you wanna compare Frost to someone compare him to Riley or Jennings because he is losing to EVERYBODY!

Last edited:
Nebraska under Bo dominated? Hardly. He got fired for three reasons: his horrible sideline demeanor, his increasingly mediocre recruiting, and for getting boat raced every time he played a really good team.
EVERY TIME....You sure?? What is YOUR definition of a GOOD TEAM??

I really wanna give you a chance to explain your post. Too many just say things on here because others say it, not knowing that person has an agenda. So we can pick and compare good teams and bad teams WITH FACTS if I know your definition.

Last edited:
Reactions: huntered

Bo was 3-1 versus Northwestern, 3-1 vs Iowa and split with Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State. Had a winning record versus all other Big 10 teams I believe.

Your point begins and ENDS with Wisconsin where I believe he was 1-3 versus the Badgers

Reactions: timnsun
Wait - Melvin Gordon scores again!!!! WOW. Bo was TERRIBLE after Callahan's recruits were gone. MAJOR blowouts towards the end that were just embarrassing.
Yep Melvin Gordon scored again....the only thing idiots keep repeating when Bo name is brought up....ORIGINAL!

Well Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota just scored again! All teams that beat Nebraska in the last 36 games! Damn near the WHOLE CONFERENCE.

I guess that's much more respectable to you huh??I bet you live in Nebraska also with think-a-likes around you. We are the laughing stock of the nation and I have to answer for it EVERY DAY because people know who I root for.

Luckily I can take it! Unfortunately most Nebraska fans wouldn't be able too tho. You can see how much they lose their sh!t when you say anything bad about Frost and bad decisions Eichorst, Pederson and that idiot Harvey Perlman!

Husker fans should probably just prepare themselves now for the fact that Scott frost will be the head coach next year.
I could accept that so long as changes are made on offense. If not then I won't even bother tuning in

Bo was 3-1 versus Northwestern, 3-1 vs Iowa and split with Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State. Had a winning record versus all other Big 10 teams I believe.

Your point begins and ENDS with Wisconsin where I believe he was 1-3 versus the Badgers
Good post. I didn’t do any homework when making my post, so am surprised that he was 3-1 against northwestern, and also surprised he only played Ohio State 2x.

As I mentioned in my post, he did beat Iowa and generally beat the teams he should beat.

Yep Melvin Gordon scored again....the only thing idiots keep repeating when Bo name is brought up....ORIGINAL!

Well Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota just scored again! All teams that beat Nebraska in the last 36 games! Damn near the WHOLE CONFERENCE.

I guess that's much more respectable to you huh??I bet you live in Nebraska also with think-a-likes around you. We are the laughing stock of the nation and I have to answer for it EVERY DAY because people know who I root for.

Luckily I can take it! Unfortunately most Nebraska fans wouldn't be able too tho. You can see how much they lose their sh!t when you say anything bad about Frost and bad decisions Eichorst, Pederson and that idiot Harvey Perlman!
By the time I read your post Melvin Gordon scored again…

I appreciate everyone's input on the matter

but

me and trev have decided as long as we are competitive, and the competitiveness is increasing day by day, frost will be retained.

the coaching carousel stops here and it stops now. good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: wkato
I appreciate everyone's input on the matter

but

me and trev have decided as long as we are competitive, and the competitiveness is increasing day by day, frost will be retained.

the coaching carousel stops here and it stops now. good day.
Ok Mr Davison. Good luck paying his 5 million a year salary. Or should I say 1.25 million a win when the stadium is half full because nobody wants to pay 60 bucks a ticket to see the circus every week. Lol

Last edited:
Perhaps I worded that poorly. At times they dominated teams. Arizona, Missouri, K state, there are probably a few others I'm forgetting.
Frost can even dominate teams like Rutgers last year, or Illinois the year we had near what 700 yards? And still barely won?
My point wasn't we should still have Bo as coach. It was stop with the revisionist bull sh!t that we haven't been good for 20 years and guaranteed Bo, Cally, and Riley lose to Much st and OU.

This is bull sh!t to somehow try and say Frost is a better coach than the previous 3. I haven't seen that yet, and I'm not saying those coaches were all complete garbage to make us feel better about Scotty.

Say what you will, but callahan, bo and riley would have got slaughtered against oklahoma and michigan state
where frost lost but at least had a chance..
and it was more our mistakes that lost the games so something can be done about it (hopefully)
Remember that time Riley beat an undefeated, Top 10 Michigan St? Pepperidge farm remembers

Reactions: HatOnAHat
frost needs to just fire frost for a game or two. take over special teams and let his staff show what the have. let his buddies know their future depends on what they do now.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Husker fans should probably just prepare themselves now for the fact that Scott frost will be the head coach next year.
I will take that result. It means that at some point during this season, for the first time in Frost's tenure here, the team quit blowing its own head off and started winning some football games.

I am ready to see that happen.

Kind of like how people were 'afraid' Martinez would be soon drafted into the NFL when we were partway through his freshman season. That would have meant he tore it up his soph season, which would have been awesome.

Reactions: wkato and gw2kpro
Imagine if that's true, AM graduates, Smothers or Haarberg is the starter and QB play improves and we actually have FBS level special teams play we could make a bowl.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT