ADVERTISEMENT

Frost getting cold feet?

phoenix4nu

Offensive Coordinator
May 10, 2009
On the new Golic and Wingo radio show this morning, Booger McFarland said that he has heard that Scott Frost is getting cold feet about the Nebraska job because of the the inability to recruit nationally there. He said that Frost may stay at UCF. Who knows if there is anything to that.

On the new Golic and Wingo radio show this morning, Booger McFarland said that he has heard that Scott Frost is getting cold feet about the Nebraska job because of the the inability to recruit nationally there. He said that Frost may stay at UCF. Who knows if there is anything to that.
I love listening to Booger.....but his name is Booger. Take what he says with a grain of salt.Winking

Anythings possible until the ink dries. Just ask UT.

But TO called him and told him to come home.. Did Booger forget about that?

Shocked that a guy who grew up in Nebraska and went to school there is all of a sudden going to have it dawn on him what the Nebraska job takes.

If Being able to recruit at a high level was important to Scott, he probably doesn't turn down going to Gainesville.

I don't think a perceived inability to recruit nationally would be a new revelation to Scott Frost.

That's pretty funny. After playing for and winning a national championship, of course he thinks it's impossible to recruit to Nebraska. Oh and also since he was likely contacted as soon as Moos was hired, he didn't even think about the pros and cons until just now.

Another uneducated point of view about "Nebraska is done" - we heard also that "Nebraska is too slow" before Nebraska wiped Florida with speed and power.

But TO called him and told him to come home.. Did Booger forget about that?

Shocked that a guy who grew up in Nebraska and went to school there is all of a sudden going to have it dawn on him what the Nebraska job takes.

If Being able to recruit at a high level was important to Scott, he probably doesn't turn down going to Gainesville.
If he thinks it's too tough, I wouldn't want him

Reactions: TheBeav815
That's pretty funny. After playing for and winning a national championship, of course he thinks it's impossible to recruit to Nebraska. Oh and also since he was likely contacted as soon as Moos was hired, he didn't even think about the pros and cons until just now.

Another uneducated point of view about "Nebraska is done" - we heard also that "Nebraska is too slow" before Nebraska wiped Florida with speed and power.
38% chance of cold feet. I have no connections, though.

He also said that Nebraska needs to recognize who they are and go after a coach who fits that. It sounded like he was trying to say that Nebraska shouldn't aim too high.

Worst take of the made up stuff to date.

Booger is an idiot and was talking out of his @ss....that was 100% fabricated bullshit.

He probably saw something like that on a UCF message board somewhere and ran with it. Where else would he hear that. Garbage stories. The official announcement can't come soon enough

I realize that it's not exactly fair to parse every word from Moos' press conference and expect 100% accuracy, though on the other hand he seemed extremely up front, transparent, and honest about everything thrown at him (other than the Philly meeting).

Probably the most concerning thing (to me, anyway) he said was in regard to Frost, in that he "has a job he really likes right now." That kind of thing can be inferred from press clippings, of course, but it struck me more as if it were a conclusion based on personal conversation with him.

I think those that are simply waiting for next Sunday and an announcement of Frost to NU are counting chickens, as they say. There's a lot of other things going on that lead one to believe Scott is staying:

1. The Excellence Fund for assistant coaching salaries, of which Frost is personally donating large sums.
2. The recent announcement of a contract extension for their AD. That smacks like a demand from Frost (at the very least, a hurdle intelligently removed by UCF). Having the AD that hired you locked up long term is a big deal to coaches. Ask Riley.
3. The significant contract extension and raise sitting on Frost's desk.

Those aren't behaviors of a coach and athletic department that are expecting their coach to leave.

All that said, this could all go away with a simple statement from Frost that he simply isn't interested in the Nebraska job. That hasn't happened - so there is at least some hope.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Booger is an idiot and was talking out of his @ss....that was 100% fabricated bullshit.
The only thing that makes me wonder is that he worked with Chip Kelly on TV this season and mentioned that he talks to him. Kelly might be a person who knows what Frost is thinking.

He's got a championship game this Sat, Dec 2nd. It's on ABC, @ 9:AM PCT.

ESPN is like a broken clock right now - always wrong except maybe 2 times a day. The only part he got right was IF Frost says no is that he will remain at UCF.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
I realize that it's not exactly fair to parse every word from Moos' press conference and expect 100% accuracy, though on the other hand he seemed extremely up front, transparent, and honest about everything thrown at him (other than the Philly meeting).

Probably the most concerning thing (to me, anyway) he said was in regard to Frost, in that he "has a job he really likes right now." That kind of thing can be inferred from press clippings, of course, but it struck me more as if it were a conclusion based on personal conversation with him.

I think those that are simply waiting for next Sunday and an announcement of Frost to NU are counting chickens, as they say. There's a lot of other things going on that lead one to believe Scott is staying:

1. The Excellence Fund for assistant coaching salaries, of which Frost is personally donating large sums.
2. The recent announcement of a contract extension for their AD. That smacks like a demand from Frost (at the very least, a hurdle intelligently removed by UCF). Having the AD that hired you locked up long term is a big deal to coaches. Ask Riley.
3. The significant contract extension and raise sitting on Frost's desk.

Those aren't behaviors of a coach and athletic department that are expecting their coach to leave.

All that said, this could all go away with a simple statement from Frost that he simply isn't interested in the Nebraska job. That hasn't happened - so there is at least some hope.
Not sure how valid your second point would be, in that if he comes home he would be coming home to an AD that is locked up long term and hired him. To me there wouldn’t be any difference whether he stays at UCF or comes home to Nebraska.

Let's see, Frost just passed on Florida, Tennessee, UCLA, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Nebraska, and probably Florida State, all so that he can stay at UCF?? Golic must be a smart man.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Truth is, the UCF job is a pretty good one. Their program is growing, and they have a large school, of about 55,000+ students or so. They just got a new stadium and I'm sure their facilities are decent. To be honest, they should be in a better conference from what I've seen. They have the ability to compete. Fertile recruiting ground, and a growing program could be very enticing to a young coach.

Reactions: footnfan1
The same Booger that said Frost was going to UF?

Not sure how valid your second point would be, in that if he comes home he would be coming home to an AD that is locked up long term and hired him. To me there wouldn’t be any difference whether he stays at UCF or comes home to Nebraska.

I believe it's valid in the sense that they are removing a possible sticking point for Frost in having a boss that isn't locked up long-term. Nebraska has that. UCF - until this past week - did not.

Reactions: timnsun
Scott had a window to get cold feet and that is past. At this point, he would be stiffing his alma mater at a very critical time in it's football history. I wouldn't do that. Would he?

I find it hard to believe that he would keep Husker Nation dangling on the ledge. If there was an agreement like many believe (Chris Fowler-ESPN) with the coaching carousel in full swing Kelly gone, Mullin gone. He would come out and put any rumors to rest so we are not scrambling for a coach with all of the opens that there currently are.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Truth is, the UCF job is a pretty good one. Their program is growing, and they have a large school, of about 55,000+ students or so. They just got a new stadium and I'm sure their facilities are decent. To be honest, they should be in a better conference from what I've seen. They have the ability to compete. Fertile recruiting ground, and a growing program could be very enticing to a young coach.
The UCF job is one of the best mid major jobs. They may or may not get a bid to a P5 conference in the future. As for their stadium, it's a possible hazard to the fans that sit in it.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-ucf-stadium-lawsuit-20170929-story.html

All we need to know is that Frost hasn't said he's staying at CFU. Anything else that he has done or said up to this point is overshadowed by this simple fact.

Are we really concerned on what someone named Booger says....let's say that out out loud "Booger says".... I trust what the established Chris Fowler says versus the snot rocket who's trying to make a radio name for himself. GBR

Reactions: SOHusker11
I think at this point in the game, anything can happen and everyone is an expert or has "sources." ADBM has seemed to play things very nicely since his arrival and you want to believe it when he says he has interest from several coaches to include Frost.

So with that said, let the chips fall where they may!

Do the idiots on that station study history at all or just spew garbage out of their mouths?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT