ADVERTISEMENT

Frost getting cold feet?

If it wasn’t going to be Frost we would know by now. Day 3 of the search and all we have are crickets. No reports of Moos making any moves to anyone. No vetting of anyone. Nothing. After 3 Days if it wasn’t locked sealed and delivered you’d hear about options 2 and 3 by now.
and bingo was his name

I realize that it's not exactly fair to parse every word from Moos' press conference and expect 100% accuracy, though on the other hand he seemed extremely up front, transparent, and honest about everything thrown at him (other than the Philly meeting).

Probably the most concerning thing (to me, anyway) he said was in regard to Frost, in that he "has a job he really likes right now." That kind of thing can be inferred from press clippings, of course, but it struck me more as if it were a conclusion based on personal conversation with him.

I think those that are simply waiting for next Sunday and an announcement of Frost to NU are counting chickens, as they say. There's a lot of other things going on that lead one to believe Scott is staying:

1. The Excellence Fund for assistant coaching salaries, of which Frost is personally donating large sums.
2. The recent announcement of a contract extension for their AD. That smacks like a demand from Frost (at the very least, a hurdle intelligently removed by UCF). Having the AD that hired you locked up long term is a big deal to coaches. Ask Riley.
3. The significant contract extension and raise sitting on Frost's desk.

Those aren't behaviors of a coach and athletic department that are expecting their coach to leave.

All that said, this could all go away with a simple statement from Frost that he simply isn't interested in the Nebraska job. That hasn't happened - so there is at least some hope.
I get your overall point but I regards to number 2, Riley said he liked Moos and said he had a lot of support. So there goes that claim.

why was harbaugh to mich ok but frost to neb is such a non starter. mich hasn't won shit lately either. get rid of 97 and they haven't won shit in half a century.

it is strange behavior, if the UCF folks are trolling that's one thing, but what do they expect? Why are they acting so surprised that a coach would leave for a bigger stage, more money, and (unique in this case) his home?

65,000 students and the average GPA of the fall 2017 class was 4.01

But go ahead and try again.....
Right. And you rank 171st in academic rankings. NU’s not a whole lot better at 123, but at least I didn’t attempt to hold us out as academic power as you just did for your school. Don’t even try to make this argument, the facts don’t back you. Rather, compare the athletic achievements, where you’re not close to what we have achieved. And, as with all troll comments like yours, say goodbye to your coach who sees what you don’t.

That's pretty funny. After playing for and winning a national championship, of course he thinks it's impossible to recruit to Nebraska. Oh and also since he was likely contacted as soon as Moos was hired, he didn't even think about the pros and cons until just now.

Another uneducated point of view about "Nebraska is done" - we heard also that "Nebraska is too slow" before Nebraska wiped Florida with speed and power.
When?

Average gpa 3.9 but average ACT is 27.1. Those numbers do not add up. Is the 3.9 on a 5.0 scale? If it was on a 4.0 the ACT would be around 33 or so.

Isn’t the fall 2017 class still waiting for grades? How do they already have their GPA if the semester isn’t even over yet?

I’m a dumb Nebraskan and don’t see how this is possible...

I'm guessing the student population is heavily bolstered by their online degree programs and don't think that also doesn't have a large impact on GPA's... especially when online students are typically older and more mature.... average age for a UCF student is 24...

Truth is, the UCF job is a pretty good one. Their program is growing, and they have a large school, of about 55,000+ students or so. They just got a new stadium and I'm sure their facilities are decent. To be honest, they should be in a better conference from what I've seen. They have the ability to compete. Fertile recruiting ground, and a growing program could be very enticing to a young coach.

It's not old by any means but it's also not that new they just renamed the old one with a new corporate sponsorship a couple years ago... It's also structrally unsafe. - UCF is currently suing over the use of defective steel.

Also while ues technically it has 55,000 students, a significant number of them are online only with very little actual ties to the program or university beyond a keyboard. IE. they have over 80 online only degree programs and the average annual tuition is $10k.

There is a reason that despite 60k students and 10 campuses UCF sits on only 1,893 total acres of land and has an endowment of just $147 MILLION dollars. In comparison UNL just with it's three downtown Lincoln campuses alone (City, East and Innovation) sits on 2,815 acres and all told UNL sits on over 45,000 acres statewide and has an endowment of over $1.4 BILLION.

UCF is a commuter school whom long term is no different then USF or FAU. Those three programs are and will be in a perpetual rotating cycle of being the 4th best in state program and best non P5 in state option for players but none of the three have a prayer of cracking the top 3.

Hell, USF in terms of campus size, faculty and endowment is significantly larger than UCF and has the same annual budget despite having 10k fewer students.

Reactions: SOHusker11
On the new Golic and Wingo radio show this morning, Booger McFarland said that he has heard that Scott Frost is getting cold feet about the Nebraska job because of the the inability to recruit nationally there. He said that Frost may stay at UCF. Who knows if there is anything to that.

I don't think a perceived inability to recruit nationally would be a new revelation to Scott Frost.
any person who believes

On the new Golic and Wingo radio show this morning, Booger McFarland said that he has heard that Scott Frost is getting cold feet about the Nebraska job because of the the inability to recruit nationally there. He said that Frost may stay at UCF. Who knows if there is anything to that.

I don't think a perceived inability to recruit nationally would be a new revelation to Scott Frost.
any person who believes
sorry I hit the wrong button and my edit will not work but any one who believes NU cannot recruit nationally should not be listened to

Isn’t the fall 2017 class still waiting for grades? How do they already have their GPA if the semester isn’t even over yet?

I’m a dumb Nebraskan and don’t see how this is possible...

I think he/she means the high school GPA of the incoming freshman class

Guys at this point leave the UFC fans and boards alone. It sucks for them and there is nothing left to say or gain.
Embarrasing stuff going on over there. It isn’t just the athletic department that is toxic. I always thought we had a bit more class than that as fans.

Reactions: footnfan1
I see that someone from the Orlando sentinel said frost dream job was Nebraska, I see alot of message board post claiming it is his dream job, I see nothing from frost suggesting this.

I would say yes. Relevancy? Let's say he goes 6-6, 7-5, and then 9-3 (x2) and bama opens up or Norte dame or USC. A place where he doesn't even have to leave his office to get 5 stars you think the guy that has a quote, you can verify, saying he wants to be able to recruit and be at home with his family would stay at a place that produces little in state talent? I'm not trying to be a jerk here I just don't see the "dream job" thing.

I don't know about cold feet but you better hope he signs before his arizonian wife realizes it's about to be 30 degrees for about 3.5 months in nebraska.
That's stupid thinking, what you don't think she hasn't been to Nebraska especially in the offseason!!! You can adjust to any weather hell Oregon has a lot of rainy foggy days not my cup of tea but some love it. Actually cold temperatures aren't bad if the sun is out and no wind

I would say yes. Relevancy? Let's say he goes 6-6, 7-5, and then 9-3 (x2) and bama opens up or Norte dame or USC. A place where he doesn't even have to leave his office to get 5 stars you think the guy that has a quote, you can verify, saying he wants to be able to recruit and be at home with his family would stay at a place that produces little in state talent? I'm not trying to be a jerk here I just don't see the "dream job" thing.

Seriously? Home state. Alumni. Where he won a national championship. What makes you think this wouldn’t be a dream job?

If he wanted to go somewhere where is was super easy to recruit, why didn’t he accept the Florida job?

Simple he played football at Nebraska for tom Osborne won a national title, he's from Nebraska. He's tried to be an assistant coach several times here only to get turned down. If he is successful he'll stay for as long as he wants and if he mediocre Bama and Norte dame won't come calling

I don't know about cold feet but you better hope he signs before his arizonian wife realizes it's about to be 30 degrees for about 3.5 months in nebraska.
Amizonian wife?
2018-Hot-Toys-DC-Comics-Wonder-Woman-Movie-Sixth-Scale-Collector-Figure-Gal-Gadot-Training-Armor-P003.jpg

yesjacknicholson.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT