ADVERTISEMENT

Frost - focus on fundamentals

inWV

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007
Took three years to understand its better to build from the ground up, rather than try and hand some fancy finishing on a poor construction. Of course it helps to have better athletes in the mix, as NU has now.
“I want to really dial in on fundamentals this year,” Frost said.
The coach pointed out that was hard to do last year, but I think the change has more to do with the exasperation in Frost’s voice week after week after watching his team stumble over itself.
“We’re really going to focus on being a physical team, on fundamentals up front, fundamentals in the run game, on defense,” Frost said.
“I think if we get really good at those things, then our base things will work a little bit better and then we can get creative with the others.
“If we can lean on those things, then we’ll be able to make some plays with some other creative things.”

I don't think it's a red flag. I am not sure I would of put it the way he did but I think he's talking about everyone is accepting accountability.
It's not about blame, it's about everybody doing everything they can to fix it.

I know this is an unpopular thought but I like all the coaches on this staff.

I don't think it's a red flag. I am not sure I would of put it the way he did but I think he's talking about everyone is accepting accountability.
I don't think he's thinking about blame vs he's thinking about what everyone can do to fix it. I like all the coaches on this staff.
I like the coaches as much as their record says I should

in other words: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've been waiting for the course correction. Sure, tOSU looks really good out there doing their thing on offense. NU would as well if they had tOSU's recruiting classes. The B1G is not the PAC or the AAC. NU plays in a tough yards league. Recognize it and adapt your team's play to it.

He’s still learning to be a head coach...disappointed it took this long but let’s hope it’s not lip service and real change occurs this spring that carries over to Fall.

Its a boring ass thing to practice and talk about but it's what needs to be done. I hate practicing tackling and blocking with my team but it pays divdends on game day

Reactions: TheBeav815
He’s still learning to be a head coach...disappointed it took this long but let’s hope it’s not lip service and real change occurs this spring that carries over to Fall.
That does suck, but we are in pretty deep with this guy, so I hope he starts to piece it all together. Probably been talking to Tom and other guys that have told him to not over complicate it

Reactions: bshirt73
Took three years to understand its better to build from the ground up, rather than try and hand some fancy finishing on a poor construction. Of course it helps to have better athletes in the mix, as NU has now.
The coach pointed out that was hard to do last year, but I think the change has more to do with the exasperation in Frost’s voice week after week after watching his team stumble over itself.
“We’re really going to focus on being a physical team, on fundamentals up front, fundamentals in the run game, on defense,” Frost said.
“I think if we get really good at those things, then our base things will work a little bit better and then we can get creative with the others.
“If we can lean on those things, then we’ll be able to make some plays with some other creative things.”
He's clueless. Took him 3 full years to figure out focusing on fundamentals would be a good idea. Even in these quotes, he sounds non-committal to actually doing that.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I've been waiting for the course correction. Sure, tOSU looks really good out there doing their thing on offense. NU would as well if they had tOSU's recruiting classes. The B1G is not the PAC or the AAC. NU plays in a tough yards league. Recognize it and adapt your team's play to it.
I've often thought Frost's system was a better match for the Big 12 then the BiG.

Reactions: jeans1515
The SEC and B1G are becoming more and more like the PAC12 and XII. I dont think Frost will succeed with the current crop of QBs he has but I could be wrong. Bottom line you gotta outscore people in CFB today.

I've often thought Frost's system was a better match for the Big 12 then the BiG.
I don't know that the system being a match is the greatest of their issues. The level of execution so far hasn't been suited to any system. There's no offensive style that lends itself to being mediocre-to-bad at blocking, running, and throwing.

I don't know that the system being a match is the greatest of their issues. The level of execution so far hasn't been suited to any system. There's no offensive style that lends itself to being mediocre-to-bad at blocking, running, and throwing.
I agree, however I don't think he can win a championship in the BiG, or the West for that matter until he can field a top 30 defense. I think you can win in the Big 12 outscoring people, but not in the BiG as their are usually 5 or 6 teams that are in the top 30-35 in defense year in and year out. That was my reference to the Big 12.

Why are you posting Scott Frost interviews from 2018?

ADVERTISEMENT