ADVERTISEMENT

Frost + Diaco

except you came to a Nebraska board running your tired sh**. Are you in study hall or is it recess?
I'm owner of my own company and can do this kind of thing. If you had attended a B1G school that actually focuses on education, you may be able to do the same.
It is getting tiresome for you isn't it? Knowing that you ran away from the Black Friday to avoid the losses to us on National TV. Knowing that at least one B1G is going to completely demoralize and demolish your team, again.
Maybe y'all need a new hobby.

I'm owner of my own company and can do this kind of thing. If you had attended a B1G school that actually focuses on education, you may be able to do the same.
It is getting tiresome for you isn't it? Knowing that you ran away from the Black Friday to avoid the losses to us on National TV. Knowing that at least one B1G is going to completely demoralize and demolish your team, again.
Maybe y'all need a new hobby.

53631966.jpg

Reactions: timnsun
I'm owner of my own company

Selling gum to the other kids is not a business.
Show me where it was Nebraska that wanted out of the BF game or I will continue to believe it was "y'all"
Hasn't the bell rung yet?

Selling gum to the other kids is not a business.
Show me where it was Nebraska that wanted out of the BF game or I will continue to believe it was "y'all"
Hasn't the bell rung yet?
You just let the B1G steal it from you? I mean, from what I could see you didn't even put up a fight for it.
Wait, we'd rather play Wiscy than you? Why is that? You're an easy win, Wiscy is always a fight regardless of who wins that game.

As you pointed out, y'all have been in the B1G longer so when you want out of a game, they listen.
Well of course, we wanted a challenge. You were like playing Indiana these days, and we wanted a school that the nation actually cares about, so we slated Wiscy there instead.

Well of course, we wanted a challenge. You were like playing Indiana these days, and we wanted a school that the nation actually cares about, so we slated Wiscy there instead.

Smart move to move them to the end of the season after we beat them up for you.

Sure, seriously, has anyone reported the assault charges against them yet? They've flat out bludgeoned y'all one too many times.

When the BIG went to divisional play they slated the cross over rivalries to garner the most national prestige.

Nebraska was matched with Penn State
and Iowa was slated for the annual classic against Purdue ... Enough said

When the BIG went to divisional play they slated the cross over rivalries to garner the most national prestige.

Nebraska was matched with Penn State
and Iowa was slated for the annual classic against Purdue ... Enough said
And yet, our game with Penn State was an instant classic.......

They're one of the biggest money makers in all of college football, they have a large and rabid fanbase, they're a known NFL factory(which is a huge recruiting tool that has been paying off the past couple years) and they have plenty of excellent football history. Their facilities are some of the best in the B1G, and they're respected by every other team in the B1G. Nebraska has earned no ones respect yet in the B1G. So yeah, they're something B1G.
Here’s the deal... this is what you posted that I responded to.

Point out one thing here hat addresses Husker football. One thing. You can’t. End of story.

I called you out for posting delusional stuff, and when challenged to find one thing wrong, I immediately mentioned your rabid fan base’s inability to sell out a game supporting their own team against a top 5 opponent at night.

If you want to talk about the huskers, fine. You are on a Husker board. But to tout all of your perceived accolades on a Husker board uninvited is plain stupid. Furthermore, to ask for me to refute it knowing that your team couldn’t sell out the weekend before was plain stupid. Talk about low hanging fruit...

And lame excuse for not filling the stadium. If Hawkeye football was such a big deal then your huge and rabid fan base should be able to sell out the biggest game of the year in your own stadium.

Since you are making things up about Iowa, it makes me think you made up the part about being a business owner as well...

Reactions: LZZOSO
Sure, seriously, has anyone reported the assault charges against them yet? They've flat out bludgeoned y'all one too many times.

Pointing out how good Wisconsin has been does nothing to prove that Io_a doesn't suck.

And yet, our game with Penn State was an instant classic.......

And yet Iowa's game with PSU was 41-14 last year, a nationally televised blowout. Nebraska/Oregon was dubbed an Instant Classic last year also, and we know where both teams ended up after that. Both teams got whipped in their bowl games. Iowa has won the last 2 games and has evened the series at 3-3 since the teams have been in the same conference. Nebraska understands that Iowa doesn't fear Nebraska; the lack of fear is mutual. No one in the upper echelons of the B1G fears either school which are both non-threats.

I ask this in all honesty:

Does Iowa have their own rivals board?

If "no", that explains a lot.

If "yes", do they ban all functional retards from it who then seek out other boards?

If "yes" what method do they use?
From the couple of times I have made the mistake of visiting the Iowa board it appears that one of their favorite past-times is to come to this board and ratchet up their obnoxious posts until they get the boot so they can run back to the Iowa board and brag about being banned.

Unlike being practical and forecasting the short and long-term future by even considering someone who has won a NC and has a .77 winning percentage in the SEC and with a son on the team, let's hire Scott Frost because, you know, Nebraska ties and such. Plus he'll be cheaper or around the same price as Riley and he is an up and coming 8-7 coach. Plus we don't want anyone else to snatch him away!

So let's screw letting him grow and develop as a HC with the potential of snagging him down the line when he is ripe. Let's go snag this Husker who has been a head coach for only one full year in his life.

Seriously folks, can you imagine if we actually hired SF and he ended up being terrible? What then, huh? Do we fire Trev Alberts when that happens? Would you give your own money for SF over anyone else, knowing you had a personal and professional stake in his success? Is SF the one to bring in the next generation of young adult's money into the program?

Well, if you have watched any UCF games, you can see good football being played. You can see distinct progress being made, with a team that went 0-12 before Frost took over. And...you can see a physical team, which to me is the most important qualifier. Frost isn't going to fail when he comes here. And I don't see it taking very long to make the transition to winning games in the B1G with a physical demeanor.

Last edited:

Ya know, there is a guy currently coaching in Youngstown, OH that was 3-1 against Iowa. You're 3-3 against us since we joined the B1G, which isn't exactly a mandate.

My thinking on this is that there is no guarantee that Frost would even take the job. I think he would, given the right salary and so on, but it is not as if he has no options and would just jump at the job regardless of the package.

Therefore, assuming we fire Riley, and sssuming Frost would be interested, there is no way in hell the new AD should tell Frost that one of the conditions of the job offer is that he has to keep Diaco and the other defensive coaches. Frost will want to pick his own coaches and would probably opt to bring most of his staff with him.

No way Diaco and crew stays if we fire Riley and hire Frost

Reactions: oldjar07
Ya know, there is a guy currently coaching in Youngstown, OH that was 3-1 against Iowa. You're 3-3 against us since we joined the B1G, which isn't exactly a mandate.
He was wasn't he? Of course you'll come to find, that we'll never be an easy game, and likely a pain in your ass for years to come. The B1G is a different beast buddy, and we've all got money, facilities and can win against any one of us at any time. Just saying..

And yet Iowa's game with PSU was 41-14 last year, a nationally televised blowout. Nebraska/Oregon was dubbed an Instant Classic last year also, and we know where both teams ended up after that. Both teams got whipped in their bowl games. Iowa has won the last 2 games and has evened the series at 3-3 since the teams have been in the same conference. Nebraska understands that Iowa doesn't fear Nebraska; the lack of fear is mutual. No one in the upper echelons of the B1G fears either school which are both non-threats.
Followed by a Nationally televised defeat of the Mighty Michigan Wolverines. But yes, Iowa has lost it's fear factor with some teams. Iowa was feared among the fanbases, because you always knew it was a dog fight, win or loss. I believe Iowa is starting to regain some of that back. The Greg Davis years were not kind to us.

Followed by a Nationally televised defeat of the Mighty Michigan Wolverines. But yes, Iowa has lost it's fear factor with some teams. Iowa was feared among the fanbases, because you always knew it was a dog fight, win or loss. I believe Iowa is starting to regain some of that back. The Greg Davis years were not kind to us.

And when we hire Scott Frost, we will also see a resurgence. We'll become a physical team again. I think most of us realize that while Mike Riley is probably a very good Xs and Os guy, his teams don't play with the physicality that is needed in the B1G.

@MegaTronsBro...

I see you stopped in a few times but had nothing to say about your huge and rabid fan base not selling out the biggest game of the year to support your team... maybe a full stadium makes a difference between a win and a loss there...

Got nothing to say about that embarrassing development?

One day we may not have to put up with Iowa fans puffing their chest out over here - one of the worst things about having down years

Reactions: timnsun
If Riley saves his job this season, at this rate it looks like it will mainly be because of Diaco. But as I say that, I recall that we're only 4 games in and Northern Illinois & Rutgers are not Ohio State & Penn State offenses...gulp... only time will tell.

IF the Nebraska defense gets stout-good and Riley saves his job for a few years, I could see a scenario where Bobby gets called home. And one thing to remember is that Iowa is not UCONN.

Exactly.

It's easy to say how "improved" our blackshirts are when we're playing the cushy cream-puffs. We'll see how they look vs Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State and so on. And we saw how Oregon scored endlessly until the 2nd half when they played ultra, ultra conservatively.

Again.....we'll see.

And when we hire Scott Frost, we will also see a resurgence. We'll become a physical team again. I think most of us realize that while Mike Riley is probably a very good Xs and Os guy, his teams don't play with the physicality that is needed in the B1G.

A truly massive under-statement sir......

@MegaTronsBro...

I see you stopped in a few times but had nothing to say about your huge and rabid fan base not selling out the biggest game of the year to support your team... maybe a full stadium makes a difference between a win and a loss there...

Got nothing to say about that embarrassing development?
I think the stadium was more than loud enough. How many times did your sellout stadium stop you from being demolished? Did it help in getting the win against NIU?

You're a good egg Timnsun.

Well, if you have watched any UCF games, you can see good football being played. You can see distinct progress being made, with a team that went 0-12 before Frost took over. And...you can see a physical team, which to me is the most important qualifier. Frost isn't going to fail when he comes here. And I don't see it taking very long to make the transition to winning games in the B1G with a physical demeanor.
If Frost becomes the next Nebraska coach, I will support him like I have with every coach that wears the N. We will learn a bit more about Frost this year. Let the season play out for Frost and Riley.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT