ADVERTISEMENT

Frost at media day

Teddy Greenburgh , how ever ya spelled it asked SF that last year he said to the all the Big 10 Coaches quote” you better get us this year while we’re down”

SF said I never said that directly to any Big 10 Coaches..

He is right he made that commit to the media during media days last year.Not to any of the coaches...

Teddy Greenburgh , how ever ya spelled it asked SF that last year he said to the all the Big 10 Coaches quote” you better get us this year while we’re down”

SF said I never said that directly to any Big 10 Coaches..

He is right he made that commit to the media during media days last year.Not to any of the coaches...

Who was it intended for, though? Is the media out to get Nebraska while they're down or is it the other teams in the conference, including their coaches?

It was a fair question and fair enough framing of the question, IMO. Frost's answer came off to me as disingenuous, or at least an attempt to distance himself from the remarks he made previously, which naturally may have come off as brash.

Who was it intended for, though? Is the media out to get Nebraska while they're down or is it the other teams in the conference, including their coaches?

It was a fair question and fair enough framing of the question, IMO. Frost's answer came off to me as disingenuous, or at least an attempt to distance himself from the remarks he made previously, which naturally may have come off as brash.

It might have been brash saying it the first year..But he attended it for the media..He didn’t strictly say it to all 13 Big 10 Football Coaches indirectly..

I just read that Frost has stated both Ethan Piper and Brant Banks are now O-linemen. CrazAYYYYYY!!!!

I just read that Frost has stated both Ethan Piper and Brant Banks are now O-linemen. CrazAYYYYYY!!!!

Very surprised Ethan Piper isn’t staying on the defensive side of the ball..

Last edited:
Thanks to the guy that wasted our time asking about recruiting in Michigan.

Sharpe and Benning have Honda Carpenter on 1620 a few times during the year. It usually is an interesting interview but his question was odd and Frost let him know in his own way. Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Listened to the whole thing and missed the part where he came off as a jerk.

Care to enlighten us?

I don't really think it was anything he specifically said, although he did a decent job containing himself with the bozo Michigan recruiting question. To me, it was partly his tone and just general demeanor. He didn't smile, didn't acknowledge anyone with a name or "hi". He wasn't terrible but wasn't great either, unlike AM, who was really poised and will come off great during the Heisman speech in 2020.

Reactions: timnsun
I don't really think it was anything he specifically said, although he did a decent job containing himself with the bozo Michigan recruiting question. To me, it was partly his tone and just general demeanor. He didn't smile, didn't acknowledge anyone with a name or "hi". He wasn't terrible but wasn't great either, unlike AM, who was really poised and will come off great during the Heisman speech in 2020.

I guess I just thought he was matter of fact, but you're right, he was pretty low-key... and totally agree on AM!

I guess I just thought he was matter of fact, but you're right, he was pretty low-key... and totally agree on AM!

It sounded like it was quite the ordeal to actually get to Big 10 Media days. Plus he volunteered to sit in the back seat while while heading to Chicago. I wouldn’t be very excited to listen/answer certain questions from the media either. Winking

Reactions: timnsun
Scott is not entirely comfortable in front of the camera/mic when it comes to these sort of things. This is true of even our own press conferences. I don't think it's that big of a deal. We have had guys much worse at it. His priority is coaching, and his performance at the podium is sufficient.

Reactions: bshirt73
Scott is not entirely comfortable in front of the camera/mic when it comes to these sort of things.

Going all the way back to his time as a player. If you remember, Frost stuck his foot in his mouth a few times as a junior starter in 1996. After the loss to Arizona State, where Nebraska fumbled the ball away, and looked like crap, he said something like he thought he played pretty well. Just rookie mistakes for someone not comfortable in front of the camera. There's a reason so many coaches revert to the tired old cliches. They're easy, they avoid trouble, and they don't require you to answer a variety of topics without any help or preparation.

I don’t think he comes off as a jerk. I just think that’s who he is. He’s all business, matter of fact, tell it how it is. I find him to be a man of few words, but words worth listening to when he talks. When a one word answer will suffice he will give nothing more. When elaborating is necessary he gives an elaborate yet succinct answer. I think many Type A coaches operate in a similar manner. The media and we as fans tend to read into it more than necessary.

Coach Frost oozes confidence. Never gets too high or low. Loves the kids but demands hard work. A football team is a true reflection of their head coach. It'll be awesome seeing them play with a certain swagger this year. We really haven't seen this in a VERY long time! We may not win the conference but I see a huge turnaround this year with coach being high on the lists for national coach of the year again.

Coach Frost oozes confidence. Never gets too high or low. Loves the kids but demands hard work. A football team is a true reflection of their head coach. It'll be awesome seeing them play with a certain swagger this year. We really haven't seen this in a VERY long time! We may not win the conference but I see a huge turnaround this year with coach being high on the lists for national coach of the year again.
This. 100%

Reactions: blackbones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT