ADVERTISEMENT

From the year 1999 to the present which huskers recruit is the biggest bust

i used to take my leadoff towards the outfield when I was on third base and chris septak was at the plate. too bad he was always hurt.

Reactions: HuskerJack95
Santino panico

giphy.gif

I think D. Evans would have put the 99 team over the top for the NC if he stayed. He admitted leaving was a mistake. Oh, and one thing about Panico - he never dropped those punts.

if I remember right we had a high ranked linemen, could have been from prep a couple decades ago, that was highly ranked, and basically rode the bench.
can't remember his name

Harrison Beck would be mine.

I was tempted to say Lucky, but he was decent, just didn't live up to his hype.

One that frustrates me to no end is Baker Steinkuhler. Not a true bust by any means, but moving him to D turned a potential All American O-lineman into a good D-lineman. Frustrating to think what could have been...

I would agree with Harrison Beck, he may be the only Husker in history to have his mother finish off his already-shaky NU career.
Honorable mention candidate: Leon Jackson.

Reactions: headcard
Didn't Beck help us avoid an upset by K-state?

2005 (Freshman)Beck moved up to the backup quarterback position midway through the season, but did not see action until the home finale against the Wildcats. Beck was called upon after Taylor was knocked out of the K-State contest with a concussion. Beck threw an interception that led to the Wildcats’ go-ahead field goal, but he responded in the game’s waning moments. He connected with redshirt freshman Nate Swift on a 21-yard strike to help put Nebraska in position for Jordan Congdon’s game-winning 40-yard field goal with 1:05 to play.

Saved a game (that he almost lost) for us. Can't really put him at the top of the bust list. There are others who have done nothing.

This not a flame at Adam Taylor, because it was just crappy luck on his part, but I am going to add Taylor to this list. I really believe he would have been special.

Some will say TA and TM...of course no we all wish we had either of those two back.
Really? You’re the only one to suggest them... no one on here would have suggested them, because they both were successful, albeit maligned, QBs here. Not even in the same universe as busts.

I’m thinking it was just a way for you to get a dig in on those posters who weren’t always impressed with their decision making...

Actually kind of surprised you didn’t say Tanner Lee... that’s more your style.

I'm always hesitant to label a player with injuries as a bust, because it's kind of outside their control. DeAngelo Evans if I recall was the #1 RB recruit or at least top 5 in the country coming out of high school and I think lived up to his ranking until he got injured.

Reactions: WHCSC
Mike Riley for sure, he's a huge bust. Small town guy who had huge offers to Bama and USC but just didn't know how to win and got too in over his head here

Some of you out there that has the information post a 2 deep on offense and defense of recruits biggest busts be interesting to see

I can’t possibly name one most disappointing recruit in the past twenty years of nothing but disappointment. But clearly the most disappointing recruit’s parent is a tie between Harrison Beck’s mom and HobokenJoe.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT