ADVERTISEMENT

From the University of Florida side:

If he goes to Florida, I hope he is wildly successful. If he is able to win a couple conference titles and get the Gators into the CFP, it'll make him one of the most recognizable and respected coaches in college football, so when he leave Florida to come to Nebraska in 5 to 7 years, it'll be the best hire Nebraska has ever made and recruits will follow him anywhere. We've been irrelevant for 15 years, so what's another half decade or so?

That would suck to get Urban Meyered again...

Yep... having never been there, I wanted to stay closer to home and family. I loved my time in California, but am a Midwesterner at heart. When we returned to Nebraska I was a little surprised... we enjoyed California, and expected to be there longer, but when the opportunity to return home was presented, it was a no brainer...

Hoping Frost feels the same way.
It is interesting to me. Every time I have been to the midwest I can't wait to get home to the east coast. I always find it interesting when people say the opposite. I guess I am missing whatever it is that is so appealing about the midwest.

It is interesting to me. Every time I have been to the midwest I can't wait to get home to the east coast. I always find it interesting when people say the opposite. I guess I am missing whatever it is that is so appealing about the midwest.

Well, TBF, most people prefer where they grew up, just a fact. I swore I'd never live in NE having grown up in the area since I can't stand the winter and love the water. Yet here I am. I have lived on both coasts and they are still nice places to visit, but I flat out couldn't stand living in CA or on the east coast. I don't like cities and crowded in places. I don't like how expensive everything is, and with all due respect, many people out there are incredibly rude. Shrug, YMMV.

Why does it not surprise me or probably anybody else on this board that you love the east coast and can't get wait to leave the midwest?Winking

Reactions: Skerz4Life50
For me, the appeal was two-fold... being closer to family and getting away from the crush of people. I actually enjoyed California quite a bit, everything was right there at our fingertips just 5 minutes away. But if you needed to go more than 5 miles for something, it could easily take an hour depending on the time of day. Traffic was always a nightmare. And we lived in a 900 square foot condo in California. That was all we could afford. We sold it and bought a 2600 square foot house with a fenced in back yard. That had a certain appeal to moving back to Nebraska as well.

Know a bunch of people who are exactly the opposite. I will say every time I visit my in laws in Connecticut it’s depressing.

Love visiting most places on the left coast though.

For me, the appeal was two-fold... being closer to family and getting away from the crush of people. I actually enjoyed California quite a bit, everything was right there at our fingertips just 5 minutes away. But if you needed to go more than 5 miles for something, it could easily take an hour depending on the time of day. Traffic was always a nightmare. And we lived in a 900 square foot condo in California. That was all we could afford. We sold it and bought a 2600 square foot house with a fenced in back yard. That had a certain appeal to moving back to Nebraska as well.
Perhaps you went to the wrong coast Winking

I just find it interesting, the different cultures of north America and the absolute commitment people have to them. It fascinates me.

Reactions: timnsun
I grew up in Lincoln and have lived on the east coast since 1989.
I love both places. They both have their charms.

Well, TBF, most people prefer where they grew up, just a fact. I swore I'd never live in NE having grown up in the area since I can't stand the winter and love the water. Yet here I am. I have lived on both coasts and they are still nice places to visit, but I flat out couldn't stand living in CA or on the east coast. I don't like cities and crowded in places. I don't like how expensive everything is, and with all due respect, many people out there are incredibly rude. Shrug, YMMV.
To be honest, it's the rudeness that I miss when I am in the midwest. My experience is that rudeness is honesty.

To be honest, it's the rudeness that I miss when I am in the midwest. My experience is that rudeness is honesty.
This does explain much of your posting history. Very direct in your posts.

Not a bad thing, just helps me understand better and not get all defensive. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

This does explain much of your posting history. Very direct in your posts.

Not a bad thing, just helps me understand better and not get all defensive. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Yeah, the problem for me is that I always feel like people in the midwest are full of shit. Because people can't really be that friendly. My wife is from the Chicago area and it freaks me out out there. I feel like people are BSing me.

I remember my first Nebraska game. My friend and I didn't stop laughing from the time we got off the plane. We thought it was all an act. Even the cop that pulled us over was way too nice.

I'm originally from Montreal where I learned to distrust anglophones. Then I moved to NJ where I learned to distrust everybody. The whole midwest seems too fake to me. I prefer rudeness, I suppose I should apologize for mine, but then i would be dishonest.

Yeah, the problem for me is that I always feel like people in the midwest are full of shit. Because people can't really be that friendly. My wife is from the Chicago area and it freaks me out out there. I feel like people are BSing me.

I remember my first Nebraska game. My friend and I didn't stop laughing from the time we got off the plane. We thought it was all an act. Even the cop that pulled us over was way too nice.

I'm originally from Montreal where I learned to distrust anglophones. Then I moved to NJ where I learned to distrust everybody. The whole midwest seems too fake to me. I prefer rudeness, I suppose I should apologize for mine, but then i would be dishonest.
So what made you become a husker fan?

That’s the beauty of message boards... the things people won’t say to your face can be easily typed on a message board. I’m definitely guilty of that.

If he goes to Florida, I hope he is wildly successful. If he is able to win a couple conference titles and get the Gators into the CFP, it'll make him one of the most recognizable and respected coaches in college football, so when he leave Florida to come to Nebraska in 5 to 7 years, it'll be the best hire Nebraska has ever made and recruits will follow him anywhere. We've been irrelevant for 15 years, so what's another half decade or so?
If he doesn't want to come now what makes you think he will want to come in 5 years after having developed Florida into a CFP team?

Va te faire foutre. Are we friends now?

That 2014 list is quite the mixed bag. Could have made some $$ on Riley.

ADVERTISEMENT