ADVERTISEMENT

From the University of Florida side:

Exactly my point!! Swatted acts like hes already screwed everything up...been on the job less than a month.. unreal.. He is whats wrong with the fan base.. and guys like him with expectations similar
He is just one guy. I doubt most of our fan base can even spell "Moos", let alone have an opinion on how he is doing

Reactions: HuskerDana
As a guy that wants Frost, I'm leaning more towards having doubts that he's coming here. I would love to be wrong, but once Florida opened up I sort of had the feeling that was where he's going to end up. There are plenty of decent coaches that would want to come here. I'm trusting that Moos is doing his homework and will find a good fit for our new HC. We just can't afford another Riley-like hire.
The Following Coaches would win here if any of them were hired... I pulled this from my other post in another thread, but added Les Miles

1. Gary Patterson - You offer this guy the moon
2. Chip Kelly - No buy out means good value
3. David Shaw - The reason he may listen is Stanford is having a down year
4. Kirby Smart - Doing research and think Moos should make a push. Bidding War
5. Mark Dantonio - Never would of dreamed this until looking at the numbers. Good value for a proven winner!
6. Scott Frost - Less established then the Top 5, but after the provens he is the top dog
7. Dave Doeren - We could get him cheap, and he is a solid coach
8. Matt Campbell - Would be ahead of Doeren, but his buy out is pretty steep
9. Mike Gundy - He would be higher like Patterson, but he has a large buy out and tends to choke when the stakes are high
10. Kyle Whittingham - Not sure we even take him if the 9 I listed say no we stick with Riley for another year
(Wild Card) 11. Mike Leach - See #10, but for some reason I think we should roll with it if he is hired
12. Les Miles - Has the best recruiting ties, and has no buy out

Reactions: ziagosnell
Doesn't the Florida job also come with pressure and scrutiny? Plus, he won't be given the patience by Florida fans that NU fans will give him. In my opinion, the NU job will come with less pressure than Florida, not more

Correct. But it's literally a drive away from his current residence, his recruiting pipeline stays intact and thrives, and it's all on him to win National Titles. Wherever he goes. My gut tells me Scott is up to a challenge. He doesn't take the easy road, never had, never will.

His wife likes Florida and that might be the ticket he cashes to take the Florida job.

I suspect Sharp is hearing plenty. Davison and he just spent the weekend together and Frost and Davison talk regularly. People who have wanted Riley gone and have been pissed from the start that we didn't "bring Frost home" may be very disappointed.
You will be so butthurt if frost comes here.
He's not my top choice but moving up just to see you cry.

Kirby
The Following Coaches would win here if any of them were hired... I pulled this from my other post in another thread, but added Les Miles

5. Mark Dantonio - Never would of dreamed this until looking at the numbers. Good value for a proven winner!
6. Scott Frost - Less established then the Top 5, but after the provens he is the top dog
9. Mike Gundy - He would be higher like Patterson, but he has a large buy out and tends to choke when the stakes are high
10. Kyle Whittingham - Not sure we even take him if the 9 I listed say no we stick with Riley for another year
(Wild Card) 11. Mike Leach - See #10, but for some reason I think we should roll with it if he is hired
Kirby Smart? Are you serious?

everyone knows the inter-workings of Nebraska athletics but nobody said a word about Moos being named AD. Moos, Frost and maybe 2-5 others are only people who know. everything else is noise and speculation. it is fun to read though!
Exactly.
No one fn knows!
We might keep Riley.
We might get a new coach.
It might be frost. He might not even be contacted or want it.
No one knows. This is all a game to hope you're right and gain credibility

You are living in fantasy land with most of that list.

You will be so butthurt if frost comes here.
He's not my top choice but moving up just to see you cry.
You've totally missed obviously what I said IF we hire a different coach. I've posted multiple times that that the only option for me is Frost. It's a gamble but hiring any coach (that we can get) will be a gamble and if Frost works out we likely wouldn't have to do this again in my lifetime. Very bright guy with a great resume who has succeeded at everything he's attempted. Played for TO, Parcells, Belichek, Walsh. College QB, pro safety, college DC and OC. Coached under Chip. Took a moribund program to 8-0 in short order. If not, Frost then I'm not real excited about anybody else.

You've totally missed obviously what I said IF we hire a different coach. I've posted multiple times that that the only option for me is Frost. It's a gamble but hiring any coach (that we can get) will be a gamble and if Frost works out we likely wouldn't have to do this again in my lifetime. Very bright guy with a great resume who has succeeded at everything he's attempted. Played for TO, Parcells, Belichek, Walsh. College QB, pro safety, college DC and OC. Coached under Chip. Took a moribund program to 8-0 in short order. If not, Frost then I'm not real excited about anybody else.
So if Mike Leach, Les Miles, Matt Campbell or any other comes in and go undefeated in 2019 you wouldn't get excited? The attitude that if Frost isn't hired "I'm out" is asinine! You know what I say to take my bike and go home guy like yourself... If we win with someone else you shouldn't get the right to celebrate with us!

Reactions: headcard
Some are far fetched, but none are fantasy land... Not one of them actually. Go look at my post under the Gundy thread
1-5 will never come here. 9-10 wont either. Whittingham supposedly shot us down last time. The rest on your list would listen. Out of them Campbell and Frost should be the two we
concentrate on.

So if Mike Leach, Les Miles, Matt Campbell or any other comes in and go undefeated in 2019 you wouldn't get excited? The attitude that if Frost isn't hired "I'm out" is asinine! You know what I say to take my bike and go home guy like yourself... If we win with someone else you shouldn't get the right to celebrate with us!
Leach has an average record at best his whole career. Campbell is up and down. Has a great defense this year led by a guy who switched to linebacker from QB. Les is not a good game day coach anymore and he wouldn't be sitting in the middle of hundreds of D-1 athletes at NU. None of those guys would come in and go undefeated in 2019. They might have a winning record and make a bowl game. Frost has the potential to make us good for decades. I'm sure there are other guys not on your list that could do it as well IF we give them the time to do it. Frost on the other hand would get the time.

Leach has an average record at best his whole career. Campbell is up and down. Has a great defense this year led by a guy who switched to linebacker from QB. Les is not a good game day coach anymore and he wouldn't be sitting in the middle of hundreds of D-1 athletes at NU. None of those guys would come in and go undefeated in 2019. They might have a winning record and make a bowl game. Frost has the potential to make us good for decades. I'm sure there are other guys not on your list that could do it as well IF we give them the time to do it. Frost on the other hand would get the time.
How is Campbell up and down? He won 9 games a year three out of four seasons at Toledo with the second year being the exception. He won 7. In year one at ISU he had a losing season, but will have a winning season this year. The guy can flat out coach. His teams compete every game.

If he takes the UF job, I guess he thinks he can't get enough speed at NU.
Maybe, but I think he would see it as a better fit for what he is looking for. Much easier recruiting opportunity at Florida than in Lincoln. More recruits close by, makes his job much easier.

Maybe, but I think he would see it as a better fit for what he is looking for. Much easier recruiting opportunity at Florida than in Lincoln. More recruits close by, makes his job much easier.
Not disagreeing with you but you could have said the same thing about Jim McElwain when he went from Colorado State to Florida. With better athletes McElwain's job got much harder having to play the other SEC schools.

Not disagreeing with you but you could have said the same thing about Jim McElwain when he went from Colorado State to Florida. With better athletes McElwain's job got much harder having to play the other SEC schools.
I think you thoughts here are on line. McElwain was not fit at Florida. And your comments about the SEC being a tough place to play. I agree. But the Big 10 is not cake walk either and Nebraska definitely has some major recruiting disadvantages to Florida.

One of my most important mentors once told us as young managers that the "Right Guy" can fix any mess.

We just have to hope that Mr. Moos has the right guy leading us next year. I just don't know who that is,

Recruiting is easier there, but the job is not easier. They'll fire you if you don't win the SEC in your first 2 years.

With Georgia now being an elite program again, winning the division just got a lot tougher. Then you have Saban waiting for you in the opposite division, and you also have to play FSU every year in non-conference play.

Every SEC team is loaded with talent - even schools like Kentucky, South Carolina, and Mississippi State pull in Top 25 recruiting classes. Compare that to the Big Ten West, where nobody other than Nebraska ever pulls in Top 25 recruiting classes.

Reactions: TrueBigRedFan
Good Response. It would be hard to argue with your logic here. It will be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff at the end of the season. And what Mr. Moos decides, and what Scott Frost decides.

I personally don’t feel that Scott Frost is as close to a done deal that many seem to be assuming.

If not Frost, the fan base will again have a very short lease thinking here we go again. It floors me we give a. DC pelini a shot but not OC Frost a few years ago.

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
Recruiting is easier there, but the job is not easier. They'll fire you if you don't win the SEC in your first 2 years.

With Georgia now being an elite program again, winning the division just got a lot tougher. Then you have Saban waiting for you in the opposite division, and you also have to play FSU every year in non-conference play.

Every SEC team is loaded with talent - even schools like Kentucky, South Carolina, and Mississippi State pull in Top 25 recruiting classes. Compare that to the Big Ten West, where nobody other than Nebraska ever pulls in Top 25 recruiting classes.
Exactly a decent coach with decent recruiting and above average ability to manage player development should have NU in the BIG title game 4/5 years, maybe more.

If not Frost, the fan base will again have a very short lease thinking here we go again. It floors me we give a. DC pelini a shot but not OC Frost a few years ago.
That is the problem with your statement right there! I have said multiple times Frost would be a good coach. I have never once said Frost would not be a good coach. I've never once said we should not give Frost the shot. The problem is you guys will not give another coach a shot, if Frost doesn't come!

Sorry for any grammar errors... This was all voice recognition

Last edited:
If you think about it though, it does make some sense... why fire a former coordinator with no head coaching experience with the understanding that it didn’t work and then hire a coordinator with no head coaching experience... Just take off the Frost colored glasses and you can see that it does make sense.

Hindsight being what it is, it didn’t work out. But if you’re objective about it, the argument against Frost 3 years ago has merit from that standpoint.

Reactions: Skerz4Life50
That is the problem with your statement right there! I have said multiple times Frost would be a good coach. I have never once said Frost would not be a good coach. I've never once said we should not give Frost the shot. The problem is you guys will not give another coach a shot, if Frost doesn't come!

Sorry for any grammar errors... This was all voice recognition

You're right, we probably won't outside of Kelly or Leach, and they would have a shorter lease still than Frost. It is what it is.

He has stated himself Nebraska is his dream job. If he turns down this offer he will probably never get another offer again.

If you think about it though, it does make some sense... why fire a former coordinator with no head coaching experience with the understanding that it didn’t work and then hire a coordinator with no head coaching experience... Just take off the Frost colored glasses and you can see that it does make sense.

Hindsight being what it is, it didn’t work out. But if you’re objective about it, the argument against Frost 3 years ago has merit from that standpoint.

That's poor decision making, letting Pelini damage Frost. You have to expand your vision to include all HC data points with hot OC vs. very experienced average (in our case below average) HCs.

That's poor decision making, letting Pelini damage Frost. You have to expand your vision to include all HC data points with hot OC vs. very experienced average (in our case below average) HCs.
Maybe so, just trying to broaden your horizons a little by giving you logical rationale to explain why hey did what they did.

You couldn’t fathom it so I tried to help you fathom it. Never said it was a good decision, just a reason why they may have avoided Frost at the time.

Reactions: FrostTroll
Read my other post under the Gundy thread, before you

or it could have been Perlman would not tolerate a coach who was so close to TO

He has stated himself Nebraska is his dream job. If he turns down this offer he will probably never get another offer again.
That was 5+ Years ago when he was OC at Oregon and we still had BoP. He may have soured on us for hiring MR
If he’s not our coach the admin/AD screwed up for the 100th time.
So if he decided no amount of money can bring him to Nebraska how is that on our CURRENT AD/Admin?

TO was the AD who hired Pelini. A former HC that could help the coordinator transition into a HC role at NU.

Eichorst is a lawyer. Other than encouragement, how is Eichorst going to help a coordinator transition into a HC role?

Eichorst was going to hire an established HC. Set it on cruise control and become invisible.

or it could have been Perlman would not tolerate a coach who was so close to TO
Sure, that’s a possibility as well. Hoping WCC2 can fathom better why it didn’t get offered to Frost 3 years ago. That’s my goal here.

How is Campbell up and down? He won 9 games a year three out of four seasons at Toledo with the second year being the exception. He won 7. In year one at ISU he had a losing season, but will have a winning season this year. The guy can flat out coach. His teams compete every game.
his team looks great one game then totally unprepared for West Virginia. We aren't trying to hire a 9 win coach. We're trying to hire a 9-10 win coach who wins the west division every year.

Reactions: FrostTroll
If he’s not our coach the admin/AD screwed up for the 100th time.
24013993.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT