ADVERTISEMENT

From the University of Florida side:

I disagree, for Moos to talk like that about Frost he had better get him. If not, Moos looks really stupid. So either Moos / TO know they can get Frost, or Moos is really stupid.

Maybe. Just one side of me thinks that if you know you aren't going to get someone, you can talk pretty freely about him. We'll see.

"Baby at Home"

In Nebraska he and his wife have trusted family members (grandparents) that will take extreme good care with baby sitting! In Florida, they would have to trust non family.
Maybe Scott's wife doesn't like her meddling mother-in-law. (not saying she is a medling MIL). Don't know the dynamics. Maybe Scott's mommie doesn't want to change diapers and want's to just kick back and drink Martinis all day?

Maybe Scott's wife doesn't like her meddling mother-in-law. (not saying she is a medling MIL). Don't know the dynamics. Maybe Scott's mommie doesn't want to change diapers and want's to just kick back and drink Martinis all day?

Maybe scott doesn't want, mosquitos, snakes, massive Nile Molitor Lizards breeding like rabbits, boa constricors, pythons, alligators, oppressive heat and humidity, hurricans every 4 years causing you to pack up your whole family and leave for 3 weeks somewhere hoping your house isn't looted.

all I know is this; Moos better have contacted his 5 candidates on his list, have a solid plan in place before Riley goes. Have it done don't just wing this crap. I'm tired of incompetence of leadership in the AD's & Football HC's office.

Well, here was Moos' quote about this last week:

“Certainly if there is going to be a coaching change, you had better have things lined up,” Moos said. “These days of a 45-day search and 22-person search committees, you’re going to be left in the dust. All the good ones are going to be gone.”

The last I was reading talked about Mullen going to Florida. Florida's AD and Mullen have worked together at MissSt.

McElwain won the division 2 for 2 was just fired, midseason, after the 7th game. Now that's a meat grinder for ya.

Reactions: jimbosc
DNuE5n9W4AAGDA2.jpg:large
The last I was reading talked about Mullen going to Florida. Florida's AD and Mullen have worked together at MissSt.

McElwain won the division 2 for 2 was just fired, midseason, after the 7th game. Now that's a meat grinder for ya.

Not that it matters, and this isn't scientific, but doesn't seem like there's much support for Mullen at least with the fan base.

https://twitter.com/search?q=scott frost to florida &src=typd

Wrong Sharp. Greg "spends his weekends" with Davison. Gary is the host of Sharp & Benning on 1620.

As a guy that wants Frost, I'm leaning more towards having doubts that he's coming here. I would love to be wrong, but once Florida opened up I sort of had the feeling that was where he's going to end up. There are plenty of decent coaches that would want to come here. I'm trusting that Moos is doing his homework and will find a good fit for our new HC. We just can't afford another Riley-like hire.

As a guy that wants Frost, I'm leaning more towards having doubts that he's coming here. I would love to be wrong, but once Florida opened up I sort of had the feeling that was where he's going to end up. There are plenty of decent coaches that would want to come here. I'm trusting that Moos is doing his homework and will find a good fit for our new HC. We just can't afford another Riley-like hire.

Most likely his choices are:
1. Frost (imho reading between the lines Frost to NU)
2. Chip Kelly or Mike Leach
3. Mike Leach or Chip Kelly

DNuE5n9W4AAGDA2.jpg:large

Not that it matters, and this isn't scientific, but doesn't seem like there's much support for Mullen at least with the fan base.

https://twitter.com/search?q=scott frost to florida &src=typd

It's kind of funny, I was in Orlando all of last week taking the kids to Disney. I saw one UCF ball cap the whole time I was there.

UF fans are probably a lot like NU fans, pick a favorite with no idea of what's happening behind the scenes. I really don't have an opinion on who the next HC should be. I won't be happy if Riley is retained, but I'll still watch all the games no matter what.

I don't know if anyone recalls the Herman merry go round at the end of last season when it was speculated that he was on the verge of taking the LSU job, after the Houston Athletic Department stepped up in a promise to keep him there after he was rumored to be heading to his dream job at Texas. Sound familiar?

I am confident that the right steps are being taken by the Nebraska Athletic Department at this time. Whether Frost wants to coach Nebraska or elsewhere is out of Nebraska's control, but I'm confident they are doing what they can in this situation. For others to insinuate otherwise is without merit.

Reactions: SkerInCo
It would be a kick in the nards by Frost to not choose NE. I use NE, and not NU, for a reason. However, from a pure business standpoint, it is understandable. But, he will be here if Moos doesn’t get in the way.

That's a dumb remark. If Frost thinks FU is best for him, then so be it but I am not sure how that would be the fault of Moos. Why does someone always have to be the bad person?

That's a dumb remark. If Frost thinks FU is best for him, then so be it but I am not sure how that would be the fault of Moos. Why does someone always have to be the bad person?
Because Moos is not from here, so he doesn't "get it"..... or something

Reactions: timnsun
I disagree, for Moos to talk like that about Frost he had better get him. If not, Moos looks really stupid. So either Moos / TO know they can get Frost, or Moos is really stupid.

So now Moos is "stupid" ? Can't Moos say good things about someone and still not be "stupid?"

What is wrong with you dude.. seriously..you act like its over already... that moos somehow messed this up.. just shut up already.

Please name the examples, in recent history, of our admin/AD not screwing things up. Otherwise you’re just blindly following.

We Fired SE and hired Bill Moos! bam right there didnt screw anything up got a P5 AD who will tow the company line.

What has Bill Moos done to declare him a success? The firing won’t matter if he retains Riley for a year. Meanwhile our admin has screwed up hiring Riley, Black Friday, contract extensions, the list is long.

Not at all. The comment was made because I think Frost wants to coach here, and he will want certain considerations for it. If he gets what he wants, I think he’ll be NU’s next coach, if he doesn’t get what he wants, he won’t be, and that will be on Moos. If he chooses another place to go because he doesn't want to coach here, then I am wrong about him wanting to be here. It's pretty simple.

What has Bill Moos done to declare him a success? The firing won’t matter if he retains Riley for a year. Meanwhile our admin has screwed up hiring Riley, Black Friday, contract extensions, the list is long.

Once again. This is a different administration. SE is not here anymore. SE hired MR. BM had nothing to do with that hire. WSU is not the Nebraska job. The circumstances there are different than here. Let him at least F up before you make your declarations. Please just stop.

Please name the examples, in recent history, of our admin/AD not screwing things up. Otherwise you’re just blindly following.
So wouldn't our AD performing a national search and not just focusing on one candidate (like former ADSE) be a better idea? And wouldn't it possibly be a better idea (I said possibly) to let the new AD also choose who he believes is the correct person for the job and not necessarily who the fans believe is the best choice (so not 'blindly following' what the fans want)? The last two coaching hires involved both the fans' popular choice in BP and the AD's one and only choice in MR.

Bill Moos has been an AD for a long time. He has been successful at his job. I know you believe your opinion is the only thing that matters and is the only right opinion, but not only are you not in charge, you also have never been an AD. Let the man do his job (and stop comparing NU to WSU). Contrary to what you believe, there is more than one coaching option than SF, some of whom could be just as good.

Once again. This is a different administration. SE is not here anymore. SE hired MR. BM had nothing to do with that hire. WSU is not the Nebraska job. The circumstances there are different than here. Let him at least F up before you make your declarations. Please just stop.
Exactly my point!! Swatted acts like hes already screwed everything up...been on the job less than a month.. unreal.. He is whats wrong with the fan base.. and guys like him with expectations similar

Exactly my point!! Swatted acts like hes already screwed everything up...been on the job less than a month.. unreal.. He is whats wrong with the fan base.. and guys like him with expectations similar
its too bad that this amount of money and time and resources are not put into issues that are important. imagine what we could do with the money that is spent on college athletics.
we could literally solve hunger in the united states and probably cure a couple diseases.
i love sports but its gone way over the top of where it belongs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT