ADVERTISEMENT

From the University of Florida side:

newAD

Head Coach
Oct 14, 2007
Omaha
Chris Doering, former Florida wide receiver, current SEC Network studio analyst.

We’ll just have to wait and see I guess..

I personally don’t see him coming to Nebraska but that’s just a guess..

I've never really understood why people thought he would come to NU. In college he preferred leaving the state and only came back later. He played here a whopping 2 years. He won a national title here and has ties with TO, but he has ties with lots of good coaches. Shrug. I would surely make him and offer and/or reach out to him, but I don't have high expectations.

Scott has always been about Scott. From his soccer-mom style parents that would sit in the stands at practice to how he moved around. He is going to decide on what is best for Scott, not NU.

It would be a kick in the nards by Frost to not choose NE. I use NE, and not NU, for a reason. However, from a pure business standpoint, it is understandable. But, he will be here if Moos doesn’t get in the way.

Reactions: newAD
The more times I read Moos statement on Frost from Nick Bahe's show, the more I get a bad feeling about it instead of a good feeling about it. That "sooner rather later" just bothers me.

I've never really understood why people thought he would come to NU. In college he preferred leaving the state and only came back later. He played here a whopping 2 years. He won a national title here and has ties with TO, but he has ties with lots of good coaches. Shrug. I would surely make him and offer and/or reach out to him, but I don't have high expectations.

Scott has always been about Scott. From his soccer-mom style parents that would sit in the stands at practice to how he moved around. He is going to decide on what is best for Scott, not NU.

He has said that he has a soft spot for NU and I think he has said that he'd like to coach here. Maybe that was before he had so many more options? And the personal plea from TO can't be overlooked.

Frost is the "Feel good" HC top choice, he has great trajectory but when it comes to P5 he has no HC experience and only 2 (after this season) years of HC experience. IF we dont land Frost, it is what it is. We need a HC who can be a great GM of the team and light fires under his employees asses to get it done on the field.

I'm in the "I want Frost" camp, but I'm not going to lose it if he decides to go somewhere else. It's his decision to make and only he knows what's best for him and his family. If that is Florida then more power to him. I won't wish him ill will should it go that way. Still hoping he somehow ends up here though.

Frost is clearly who Florida wants. I take both Sharp and Doering's comments just to reflect that they think Flordia is a better job for him, so he will take it (Doering is a UF alum, btw). I honestly don't think either has any inside information.

He has said that he has a soft spot for NU and I think he has said that he'd like to coach here. Maybe that was before he had so many more options? And the personal plea from TO can't be overlooked.
What personal plea from Osborne? Osborne didn't want TG to come back to Nebraska because he didn't want him to have to endure the pressure and scrutiny of the NU job. What makes you think he wants Frost to have to put up with it?

As he should. People need to be selfish in life to get what they want. Make the best decision for oneself, not the collective opinion of a group of people who don't have your best interests at heart. For God's sake man

My gut says he is coming to Nebraska. Gary Sharp doesn't know squat. Nor does Chris Doering. I too once thought he would go to Florida. I think he will come here.
I suspect Sharp is hearing plenty. Davison and he just spent the weekend together and Frost and Davison talk regularly. People who have wanted Riley gone and have been pissed from the start that we didn't "bring Frost home" may be very disappointed.

What personal plea from Osborne? Osborne didn't want TG to come back to Nebraska because he didn't want him to have to endure the pressure and scrutiny of the NU job. What makes you think he wants Frost to have to put up with it?
Doesn't the Florida job also come with pressure and scrutiny? Plus, he won't be given the patience by Florida fans that NU fans will give him. In my opinion, the NU job will come with less pressure than Florida, not more

Is Frost the only coach able to win at Nebraska? I'm concerned by the fact Frost has not been a HC but two years and never at a P5 school. If our administration chooses to move in another direction, we better be ready to find a quality upgrade. Moos will earn his salary because this hire will be the most important in the history of Nebraska football (sans Devaney).

If Frost goes to Florida, I pray our fanbase is adult and wish him well instead a bunch of butt hurt children.

Then we hired the wrong AD.

Nothing new here, just more incompetence from the NU admin.
You’re right. If only Osborne wouldn’t have gotten in the way back in the day. Then Scott wouldn’t have gone to Stanford. What an incompetent coach...

As he should. People need to be selfish in life to get what they want. Make the best decision for oneself, not the collective opinion of a group of people who don't have your best interests at heart. For God's sake man
The only problem is that sometimes if you take jobs for the wrong reason "more money for instance" you can put yourself in a bad position you regret later. Would he have more success at Florida? Maybe. Would he have more time and understanding at NU with great support? Undoubtedly. Would he have a great lifestyle at either. Probably but with less recruiting travel at UF. That all factors in when you have a new baby at home.

I suspect Sharp is hearing plenty. Davison and he just spent the weekend together and Frost and Davison talk regularly. People who have wanted Riley gone and have been pissed from the start that we didn't "bring Frost home" may be very disappointed.
ok. I stand corrected. Didn't know Sharp and Davison spoke.

I guess I should have said the pull of TO and wanting to follow in his footsteps.

That is my point. He is going to make the best decision for himself. I would expect nothing else. That is why I don't think he going to come back to NU "just cause".

ok. I stand corrected. Didn't know Sharp and Davison spoke.
They do a whole day of radio together. I could see Frost looking at the situation and there are a couple of HUGE positives for taking the Florida job. First, when they have that baby, he can literally recruit from his car or be where he needs to be in less than an hour by private jet. Home every night. Second, Florida has the ideal QB coming back for his system next year. Talent is close and easy to get. He already likely has relationships with the kids and coaches in Florida he would be recruiting. NU, not so much. WE would both take the NU job. I suspect his wife will want him to take the Florida job.

ADVERTISEMENT