ADVERTISEMENT

From the University of Florida side:

They do a whole day of radio together. I could see Frost looking at the situation and there are a couple of HUGE positives for taking the Florida job. First, when they have that baby, he can literally recruit from his car or be where he needs to be in less than hour by private jet. Home every night. Second, Florida has the ideal QB coming back for his system next year. Talent is close and easy to get. NU, not so much. WE would both take the NU job. I suspect his wife will want him to take the Florida job.

That's Greg Sharpe, not Gary Sharp.

They do a whole day of radio together. I could see Frost looking at the situation and there are a couple of HUGE positives for taking the Florida job. First, when they have that baby, he can literally recruit from his car or be where he needs to be in less than hour by private jet. Home every night. Second, Florida has the ideal QB coming back for his system next year. Talent is close and easy to get. NU, not so much. WE would both take the NU job. I suspect his wife will want him to take the Florida job.

But but back up the Brinks truck and.......

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Next few weeks are gonna be awesome with the hand-wringing every time someone predicts Frost to somewhere else.

Wonder what the ghost of Beano Cook predicts?

Oh yeah, and we're already trying to save face and hedge our disappointment by saying we all knew he wouldn't really come here.

That's Greg Sharpe, not Gary Sharp.
Not too sharp on my Sharp(es) I guess. Can't ever keep who is who straight. Regardless, Sharpe or Sharp and the NU network all talk. Benning, Davison, Frost........they've met. I stand by my thought that either of the Sharp(es) have an inkling of what's going on. Davison couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I suspect Sharp is hearing plenty. Davison and he just spent the weekend together and Frost and Davison talk regularly. People who have wanted Riley gone and have been pissed from the start that we didn't "bring Frost home" may be very disappointed.
well then lets just give up and let Riley build this program to a .500% club - we can win half the games and the coach will be nice

Reactions: huskerfan1414
The only problem is that sometimes if you take jobs for the wrong reason "more money for instance" you can put yourself in a bad position you regret later. Would he have more success at Florida? Maybe. Would he have more time and understanding at NU with great support? Undoubtedly. Would he have a great lifestyle at either. Probably but with less recruiting travel at UF. That all factors in when you have a new baby at home.

I honestly think UF is the best fit, recruiting wise, system wise, and wife wise. The only drawback is the fishbowl and demands of the fans are even worse than NU. Florida fans are a train wreck. Maybe the most demanding, delusional fanbase in America. No loyalty, no sympathy, just a National Champ every year.

That's what I thought! I think dingle has the wrong Sharp
But maybe not. Maybe he does mean Gary Sharp. Dingle?
Yep. Not too sharp of me. Still think that network is pretty tight between Frost, Davison, Benning, and either Sharp has the potential to know what's up. I wouldn't discount the opinion of either.

I honestly think UF is the best fit, recruiting wise, system wise, and wife wise. The only drawback is the fishbowl and demands of the fans are even worse than NU. Florida fans are a train wreck. Maybe the most demanding, delusional fanbase in America. No loyalty, no sympathy, just a National Champ every year.
Pick your poison, get paid then go play golf when they fire you whichever place you go.

Not too sharp on my Sharp(es) I guess. Can't ever keep who is who straight. Regardless, Sharpe or Sharp and the NU network all talk. Benning, Davison, Frost........they've met. I stand by my thought that either of the Sharp(es) have an inkling of what's going on. Davison couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it.
As for Osborne... I am sure Frost will consult with him. Who knows what Osborne would tell him?

My gut says he is coming to Nebraska. Gary Sharp doesn't know squat. Nor does Chris Doering. I too once thought he would go to Florida. I think he will come here.

I don’t think that’s true. Gary had loads of sources specifically in Florida. If he is getting the feeling enough to openly say Frost is going to UF, i’d Be willing to bet he has heard it from some pretty reliable people.

You’re comparing a 17 year old person vs that same 42 year old person like nothing has changed.

Again, you’re better than this.
So here’s what I’m saying... regardless of age. If Osborne was unsuccessful bringing him in initially, it means Frost isn’t afraid to look outside the state. He isn’t tied to the state completely...

Reactions: dinglefritz
The only problem is that sometimes if you take jobs for the wrong reason "more money for instance" you can put yourself in a bad position you regret later. Would he have more success at Florida? Maybe. Would he have more time and understanding at NU with great support? Undoubtedly. Would he have a great lifestyle at either. Probably but with less recruiting travel at UF. That all factors in when you have a new baby at home.

"Baby at Home"

In Nebraska he and his wife have trusted family members (grandparents) that will take extreme good care with baby sitting! In Florida, they would have to trust non family.

But it would not surprise me if Sharp and Davidson have talked.

"Baby at Home"

In Nebraska he and his wife have trusted family members (grandparents) that will take extreme good care with baby sitting! In Florida, they would have to trust non family.
As a new parent you are thinking where do I want to raise my child - Florida or Nebraska? even new parents from Florida would say Nebraska

Yep. Not too sharp of me. Still think that network is pretty tight between Frost, Davison, Benning, and either Sharp has the potential to know what's up. I wouldn't discount the opinion of either.

Benning made an interesting statement a little bit ago. Basically something similar to the belief that, "Only one man can save Nebraska," being very hard to take.

I doubt Frost has told anyone, even an old friend like Davison, what his plans are after the season. He is kind of busy coaching an undefeated team right now and preparing for the birth of his son. I doubt he has the time to call up people in Nebraska to chat about the Florida job.

I doubt Frost has told anyone, even an old friend like Davison, what his plans are after the season. He is kind of busy coaching an undefeated team right now and preparing for the birth of his son. I doubt he has the time to call up people in Nebraska to chat about the Florida job.
He and Davison are very good friends. Frost had Davison out to Eugene at least once as a guest for a home game when Scott was the OC. They talk.

I don't get Florida's interest in Frost. I get Frost's interest in Florida, I get our interest in Frost, but Florida should be able to do better IMO.

He runs an exciting offense and has an undefeated team in the same state.

Last time, they had to settle for Jim McElwain, who was barely over .500 in 3 years at a Mountain West school.

all I know is this; Moos better have contacted his 5 candidates on his list, have a solid plan in place before Riley goes. Have it done don't just wing this crap. I'm tired of incompetence of leadership in the AD's & Football HC's office.

He and Davison are very good friends. Frost had Davison out to Eugene at least once as a guest for a home game when Scott was the OC. They talk.

Well you know, Frost kind of owed him
HonoredMindlessEmperorshrimp-small.gif

After what happened with Taylor, I bet Frost will keep things VERY quiet.

all I know is this; Moos better have contacted his 5 candidates on his list, have a solid plan in place before Riley goes. Have it done don't just wing this crap. I'm tired of incompetence of leadership in the AD's & Football HC's office.
Agree 100% and for the first time in a couple decades, I feel pretty good about us doing this the right way and getting a good staff.

Doesn't the Florida job also come with pressure and scrutiny? Plus, he won't be given the patience by Florida fans that NU fans will give him. In my opinion, the NU job will come with less pressure than Florida, not more

Better recruiting but other than that the differences are small. Sadly winning on Rivals does not guarantee a better job..

The more times I read Moos statement on Frost from Nick Bahe's show, the more I get a bad feeling about it instead of a good feeling about it. That "sooner rather later" just bothers me.

I disagree, for Moos to talk like that about Frost he had better get him. If not, Moos looks really stupid. So either Moos / TO know they can get Frost, or Moos is really stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT