ADVERTISEMENT

From Lee's Twitter

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Not a fan of this in year three. Tarin, Nick and Jacob can all use the experience possible.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
That is what I thought too...I get it, I get the thought process behind it but I don't know if it really does you any good to skip the event. Plus, I think CBI games are still played on campus. It could give the Skers a few more home games.

I suppose there is always a worry of injury but I can't see that being the main factor.

It's kind of like B1G thing if you can't at least make the NIT then don't bother.

Is the NIT still out of the question? If NU can win 3 of the next 4 and a game in the B1G tourney they would get to 17. Does 17 wins get them in the NIT?

Originally posted by HuskerJack95:
Have you looked at the schedule?
I didn't say it was likely. The way NU is playing today, I doubt they get to 14 wins.

Was it that Nebraska wouldn't play in the CBI or that the CBI had zero interest in forcing people to watch Nebraska's point a minute (almost!) brand of basketball?

To be invited to the NIT you have to have a .500 record at minimum, as for the CBI if Nebraska were to play in that I can assure you they'd be lucky to get 5,000 people in building.

If these guys haven't gotten experience in the full season, I don't see how an extra week is going to make remarkable difference at this point.

To be honest, maybe being done with the season for a mental reset would be better than pushing forward in a low level tournament.

Originally posted by Aksarben:
To be invited to the NIT you have to have a .500 record at minimum, as for the CBI if Nebraska were to play in that I can assure you they'd be lucky to get 5,000 people in building.
NU probably couldn't even host NIT or CBA games since PBA will be tied up for two weeks in March with high school tournaments.

No matter, this team has four games left -- at Ohio State, at Illinois and home against Maryland. Then either the 11-14 or 12-13 game on Wednesday in the B1G tournament.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
There is no prestige when your Nebraska basketball.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, and your prior post about not being a fan of that attitude in year 3.

Miles needs to swallow his pride. These guys need to get some more games in, especially T. Smith. We are a program with ZERO, ZILCH, NADDA, NO NCAA tournament victories. The program's claim to fame are one Big 8 tournament championship, one NIT championship, and another NIT final 4. We are not above any post season tournament. This team and especially T. Smith needs more games for preparation for next year.

If the thought of playing in this lowly tournament is hitting rock bottom, I say good. There's nowhere but up to go from there.

I know my response might be a tad delayed, but I wanted to jump in and share my thoughts on this topic. Choosing to play or not play in a tournament is a significant decision, and it's normal to take your time and explore your options. Don't rush the process, and trust your instincts when it comes to finding the best decision for you

I know my response might be a tad delayed, but I wanted to jump in and share my thoughts on this topic. Choosing to play or not play in a tournament is a significant decision, and it's normal to take your time and explore your options. Don't rush the process, and trust your instincts when it comes to finding the best decision for you
Oh gawd.. Charlie turned into a bot.

Well done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT