ADVERTISEMENT

From an outsider who always admired and watched

CoastGuard2018

Walk On
Jul 25, 2017
your program growing up in the 80’s and 90’s. You guys need to go back to a run first offense with an emphasis on the offensive line. I’m not saying bring back the old option necessarily but you need to build your team similar to Wisconsin and Iowa. Power football with play action mixed in. Ball control physical smash mouth stuff. I feel over the years Nebraska has went away from a lot of the things that made it great and unique. I don’t think trying to recruit all these speed receivers from Florida and elsewhere has worked out. Obviously you have to be able to throw with some success but it should be the run setting up the pass and screw all the Oregon basketball on turf stuff. Identity.

I watch Nebraska basically once per year, when they play Iowa. There’s improvement, especially at the line of scrimmage. Nebraska held up much better than previous years. They aren’t as far off as people think. Clean up the self inflicted crap and things get better quickly I think.
Where is this improvement? Both our offense and defense are worse than they have been the last two years.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I don't really care what NU's run/pass ratio is, but you still have to block and tackle to win consistently. I just want to see an offense that can move the chains by holding its own at the line of scrimmage. If you can't do that, no amount of clever offensive wizardry is going to bail you out.

Reactions: headcard
Well, the fact Iowa averaged over 7 yards per carry in 2019 and under 3 yards last Friday, there’s no improvement I guess

you can always point to improvement in a few areas while ignoring the fact that the overall product has not improved going on 3 years

for every improvement in areas A,B,C there has been equal regression in areas X,Y,Z such that the overall product has remained garbage

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT