ADVERTISEMENT

Friday starts a 2 week recruiting contact period..

mrruffin10

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 18, 2018
They need to finalize these coaching changes so they can get out on this road and recruit!

Have you ever dealt with an HR department or hiring process?
Yes...HR people are busy trying to either marry up (since so many HR people are smokeshows), doing their nails or taking another day off...because they basically have no boss.

What makes everyone so convinced there will be additional changes other than a new OLB coach?

Just a lot of smoke going around. My bet is:

100% on Dawson
85% on Helfrich as an analyst
30% on Mickey. Just not sure if Walters is leaving and if Mickey would leave his hometown and current situation. A big pay increase and title will have to be involved, so Walters is the wildcard here.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
What makes everyone so convinced there will be additional changes other than a new OLB coach?

There was a job advertised for an Offensive Analyst so you'd think they would hire someone to fill it

Just a lot of smoke going around. My bet is:

100% on Dawson
85% on Helfrich as an analyst
30% on Mickey. Just not sure if Walters is leaving and if Mickey would leave his hometown and current situation. A big pay increase and title will have to be involved, so Walters is the wildcard here.
I've been waiting for anyone else to ask this, but I guess I'll be the one. Didn't Mickey have a son while he was at Nebraska? I'm sure he's grown and no clue if he's around here (I'm certainly not going to be weird and google it!). Maybe that could be a draw?

Forgive my ignorance but what does an offensive analyst do? Essentially scouts the opposing team and gives advice to the OC?

From the ad...

"Responsible for advanced offensive game planning, offensive game planning, opponent tendency analysis, self-scout analysis, film evaluation, recruiting analysis, game plan implementation and other duties as assigned."

So, essentially what we all do on messageboards...except this person has much better credentials

Dawson hire will affect recruiting. He was a decent recruiter and the kids loved him. But unless there is another assistant coach turnover any further analyst type hires (which are likely) wouldn't make much difference to recruiting efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT