ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Nebraska vs. Penn State (Huskers win 3-1)

Bottom 1st

Derek Burkamper on the bump for the Huskers. 2 out infield single for PSU. Next batter walks but a groundout to 2nd ends the threat.

Top 2nd

Leadoff walk for Ben Miller. Roskam, Alvarado, and Wilkening with back to back to back swinging Ks. Their pitcher has 5 Ks already.

5 freaking strikeouts in 2 innings. Glad Erstad said they were in good spirits today. Must be in the mood for giving away another game?

Bottom 2nd

One out single to RF for PSU. Next batter flies out to CF. a stolen base and an E2 throwing error from Wilkening moves the runner to 3rd. K ends the inning. We look asleep again.

5 freaking strikeouts in 2 innings. Glad Erstad said they were in good spirits today. Must be in the mood for giving away another game?
Throwing balls into center field, staring at strikes, definitely not prepared, but I am definitely not surprised.

Still, Minnesota looks worse today so far somehow, may not even matter :eek:

I will say that this PSU pitcher does have a good deal of strikeouts. He has 72 in 74 innings pitched where Burkamper has 45 in 59 innings.

It also seems Nebraska isn't being aggressive with the 1st couple pitches. Seems like we have been behind in the count quite often.

Top 4th

An E4 allows Altavilla to reach 1st to lead off the inning. Schreiber hits into a 4-6-3 DP. It was a failed hit-n-run attempt and if Altavilla isn't running that's a single right up the middle. Miller of course hits a double the very next play with bases empty. Roskam flies out. Wow, are we destined to never win a championship in a major men's sport? Haha

Reactions: donahues17
Just started listening, wtf is our deal? This pitcher has a 5+ ERA and we haven't even created a legitimate threat yet?

Bottom 4th

Back to back singles to start the inning for PSU. SAC bunt moves the runners to 2nd and 3rd. A pop up to SS on a 3-0 count for out #2. A K ends the inning! Let's hope that is the wake up call for out bats!

Top 5th

Standup double down the LF line for Alvarado! Wilkening flies out to deep RF but Alvarado does tag up and head to 3rd on the play. Schlepp with an RBI single past the SS playing in on that play! Mojo singles past 1st and Schlepp goes 1st to 3rd on the play! Meyers Ks swinging. Altavilla flies out to RF. Hopefully our 1-2-3 hitters decide to join the game sometime soon.

Anybody keeping track of the potential big innings this team has squandered just this season alone?
I don't even want to know. Our percentage of success with a runner on 3rd base with less than 2 outs has to be one of the worst in the nation.

I mean, to be fair it's a borderline miracle this team scored anything there but still, it'd be nice to not suck against a crap team :confused:

Bottom 5th

Leadoff single for PSU. Groundout to Schleop gets the lead runner at 2nd base, batter is safe on a FC. 6-4-3 DP ends the inning.

This ump is set up so far inside it is ridiculous. I don't know how he can see an outside pitch for a strike. Wait, he can't he just calls them strikes every time.

Bottom 6th

Leadof single to CF for PSU. Jake McSteen now in to pitch and relieve Burkamper. Next 2 batters fly out to LF. K ends the inning

Well criminy, here's another chance to score more than 1 run in an inning. I'll go out on a limb and say we get it done this time.

EDIT: and then Hagge lines out immediately. Good god.

Top 7th

Alvarado leads the inning off with a walk and then steals 2nd (to be honest he looked to be tagged out to me). Wilkening Ks swinging. Schlepp with another nice RBI single past 1st!!! Schlepp's ability to hit with runners in scoring position will be missed when he's gone. An E1 throwing error on the pickoff attempt allows Schlepp to not only take 2nd but take 3rd as well! Mojo lines out right to 1st base. Meyers flies out to deep CF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT