ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Nebraska vs. Oklahoma State (Huskers lose 6-0)

It scares me that I have a good feeling about this weekend. I feel they can win it but they can also knock me back down to reality. Does that make sense?

It scares me that I have a good feeling about this weekend. I feel they can win it but they can also knock me back down to reality. Does that make sense?

Completely. Win today and very good things can happen. Hatch is probably best starting pitcher in this regional.

Top 1st

Boldt K's swinging. Rev grounds out to SS. Meyers with an infield single between SS and 3rd. A balk advances Meyers to 2nd. Miller walks. Schreiber pops up to 2nd for the 3rd out.

Bottom 1st

Matt Waldron gets the start. Leadoff single for OSU. Next batter is HBP. Waldron was ahead of both batters at one point. Flare single to LF loads the bases. RBI single past 2nd, bases still loaded with no outs. RBI single to LF. Waldron K's a batter looking. Waldron also K's the next batter looking. Groundout ends the inning. Rough start but honestly good recovery for Waldron. Hopefully he's settled down now.

Top 2nd

Wilkening with a line drive Leadoff single to LF. Placzek K's. Both pitches to strike him out were balls the inning before and the first pitch of his at bat. Hopefully the umpire picks a zone and sticks with it. Schlepp K's looking, pretty bad at bat for him. Alvarado with a single past SS. Boldt grounds out back to the pitcher for out #3. The decision not to bunt when Placzek was up may have cost us a run.

Top 2nd

Wilkening with a line drive Leadoff single to LF. Placzek K's. Both pitches to strike him out were balls the inning before and the first pitch of his at bat. Hopefully the umpire picks a zone and sticks with it. Schlepp K's looking, pretty bad at bat for him. Alvarado with a single past SS. Boldt grounds out back to the pitcher for out #3. The decision not to bunt when Placzek was up may have cost us a run.

boldt needs to step up, or the season will be over quickly

Bottom 3rd

Leadoff walk, groundout to 2nd but the batter is safe at 1st on a FC. 2 run homerun makes it a 4-0 ballgame. Next batter pops out to 2nd. Waldron walks the next batter. Single past 1st to put runners on 1st and 2nd. A k ends the damage.

Top 4th

Leadoff single by Schreiber but Wilkening hits into a double play to clear the pads. Placzek K's looking again. The announcers are in love with Placzek though so that's all that matters. Haha

Not a good start for Waldron.

Why does Erstad insist on just giving away the first game of tournaments? We are once again starting our #3 pitcher...in hopes of saving our best guy for the loser's bracket??? Makes absolutely no sense! I don't care if Okie State is starting their ace or not. You play to win the first game...Period!! Did he not learn anything from the B1G tourney?

Why does Erstad insist on just giving away the first game of tournaments? We are once again starting our #3 pitcher...in hopes of saving our best guy for the loser's bracket??? Makes absolutely no sense! I don't care if Okie State is starting their ace or not. You play to win the first game...Period!! Did he not learn anything from the B1G tourney?

I'd argue Waldron has been our best pitcher this year. Meyers has been solid but you kind of want to save him so he can play the field and Schreiber can DH. Nothing wrong with starting Waldron IMO.

Reactions: L1M3 and scarletred
I think I have to watch this game with no sound. These announcers are all over the place with Waldron. They then act like OSU is unbeatable. They then talk about how VanHorn took the Huskers to the CWS and maybe unrealistic expectations. Idiots, just shut up.

I'd argue Waldron has been our best pitcher this year. Meyers has been solid but you kind of want to save him so he can play the field and Schreiber can DH. Nothing wrong with starting Waldron IMO.

Waldron's ERA is more than an entire run higher than Meyer. 2.39 vs 1.38. His BA is .245 vs .189 for Meyer. He isn't our best pitcher.

Waldron's ERA is more than an entire run higher than Meyer. 2.39 vs 1.38. His BA is .245 vs .189 for Meyer. He isn't our best pitcher.

So you'd start Meyers which loses either the bat of Meyers or Schreiber? Makes no sense. The end of the day they started the guy who gave them the best shot and gave us the best lineup at the same time. Meyers era is great but Waldron had a 2.39 era. You are splitting hairs. He also has the lowest walk amount of walks in the Big Ten conference.

Regardless who pitches to start the series we need runners on bases and score runs which we haven't done the past 2 weeks.

Reactions: big red22
Bottom 3rd

Leadoff single for OSU. Waldron K's the next batter. Next batter K's. Single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Fly out to left for out #2. Garret King now in to relieve Waldron. RBI single to CF. K ends the inning.

Regardless who pitches to start the series we need runners on bases and score runs which we haven't done the past 2 weeks.

But why put your team in a hole right out of the gate? Win your first game and build momentum. You start your best pitcher the first game.

Now 5-0 in 4th. Not getting a good vibe about our offenses ability to overcome this deficit. '1-2, thanks for coming' is looking extremely realistic.

But why put your team in a hole right out of the gate? Win your first game and build momentum. You start your best pitcher the first game.

How did they put them in a hole? How is starting Meyers and having Scheiber or Meyers bat on the bench a good thing? Schreiber isn't healthy enough to play the field yet. You also tire out our RF's arm for the rest of the tourney. Waldron gave up zero earned runs in the Big Ten Tourney.

Bottom 5th

One out single to RF for OSU. The next batter K's. Fly out to RF ends the inning.

How did they put them in a hole? How is starting Meyers and having Scheiber or Meyers bat on the bench a good thing? Schreiber isn't healthy enough to play the field yet. You also tire out our RF's arm for the rest of the tourney. Waldron gave up zero earned runs in the Big Ten Tourney.

Although I'm pretty sure Waldron gave up earned runs in the tourney, you are correct that we needed to give Schreiber a break in the field. I just think you have to have your best pitcher on the mound the first game of the regional.

Although I'm pretty sure Waldron gave up earned runs in the tourney, you are correct that we needed to give Schreiber a break in the field. I just think you have to have your best pitcher on the mound the first game of the regional.

He pitched 5.2 innings and Indiana had 2 unearned runs off of him. None would have scored had we not had the Placzek error. He wasn't dynamite on the mound by any means but he gave us a shot to win the game. Unfortunately our bullpen got shelled and our hitting was ice cold.

Our hitting has been atrocious regardless.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Top 6th

One out single past SS for Meyers and advance to 2nd on a passed ball. Miller walks. Schreiber with an infield single to load the bases, Altavilla to pinch run for Schreiber. Wilkening K's. Placzek K's on a check swing.

Top 6th

One out single past SS for Meyers and advance to 2nd on a passed ball. Miller walks. Schreiber with an infield single to load the bases, Altavilla to pinch run for Schreiber. Wilkening K's. Placzek K's on a check swing.

What is the term meaning the opposite of 'clutch hitting'? That would be the term to describe the 2016 Husker offense........

What is the term meaning the opposite of 'clutch hitting'? That would be the term to describe the 2016 Husker offense........

Hmmmmmm, passive? That's what it seems when we strike out twice off of check swings. Hatch is a great pitcher but we are not really challenging him at all either.

Erstad said they need to be more aggressive on the first pitch but yet it seems every one of our guys take that first pitch breaking ball for a strike. Hatch is just toying with them right now.

Hopefully this just continues to inspire Erstad to recruit more talent.....offensive numbers improved this year but we still have had far too many clunkers. It's been just brutal to watch the past few weeks outside of the krayton game.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Bottom 6th

Leadoff single for OSU. Great play by Schlepp for the 1st out, the runner does move to 2nd on the play. Groundout to 1st and the runner advances to 3rd. Next batter walks to put runners on the corners. King K's the final batter to end the inning.

Well, this Illustrates just how far our program has fallen since we were in the Big 12. We're not competitive.

Is Boldt one of the more overrated prospects to come thru Lincoln? Maybe I'm being a bit harsh as he's been solid, but...I'm not using one of my top picks on him if I'm in charge of a big league club.

Reactions: HskrTD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT