ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Nebraska vs. Michigan State (Huskers lose 6-3)

Game is on NET tonight. If it's like last week, the first half hour won't be shown as they finish up PBS News Hour.

Meyers not available tonight. Got stitches after being spiked the other night on a steal attempt at Creighton, can't grip a bat. Still slated to pitch on Sunday.

Top 1st

Leadoff single followed by a Strikeout. Groundout to 2nd gets the lead runner. Runner steals 2nd. Walk puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Singles loads the bases. Groundout to 2nd ends the threat

Bottom 1st

Leadoff single to CF for Altavilla. Raburn pops out because he shouldn't be batting in the 2 spot. Schreiber doubles to RF, runners on 2nd and 3rd. WP scores a run! Miller gets the RBI but an E6 on the throw allows him to reach 2nd! A single to CF but Ben is thrown out at home ignoring the stop sign from Kirby. Alvarado advances to 2nd on the throw home. Roskam Ks.

Top 2nd

Leadoff infield single to SS for MSU. Fly out to CF. RBI double to CF. RBI single to RF. Runner steals 2nd. RBI double. 2 RBI single. Fly out to RF. Line out to 1st

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff walk for Wilkening. Schlepp flies out to CF. Acker Ks on three swings that weren't even close. WP advances Wilkening to 2nd. Altavilla Ks.

Top 5th

Leadoff walk for MSU. Single to LF but the runner is thrown out trying to take 3rd (he was safe by a mile in my opinion). Fly out to CF. k ends the inning!

Bottom 5th

Two out single for Raburn. Schreiber doubles to LF, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Miller grounds out to 2nd

Top 6th

Nate Fisher now in to pitch. One out infield bunt single and the runner advances to 2nd on the E3 throwing error. WP advances the runner to 3rd. Next batter Ks bit advances to 1st on the WP, runner stays at 3rd. RBI single to LF. Fly out to RF. K ends the frame

Bottom 6th

One out swinging K but Roskam is safe at 1st on the Swinging WP. Wilkening Ks. Schlepp walks. Pitching change for MSU. Repinski Ks.

Bottom 7th

Altavilla leads off with single up the middle. Raburn grounds out to 1st, Altavilla advances to 2nd. Schreiber walks. Pitching change for MSU. Miller Ks. Alvarado flares out to 1st

keep-calm-its-rally-time-1.png

Reactions: donahues17
Bottom 8th

Roskam leads off with a single through the right side. Wilkening doubles to LF and Roskam heads to 3rd! Schlepp walks the bases loaded! Pitching change for MSU. Mojo with an RBI single through the left side. Altavilla Ks. Raburn hits into a 4-6-3 DP (why he is batting the 2 hole I don't know)

Not surprised at all we didn't come through there. Just like the Iowa game. Chance after chance after chance and can't come up with the big hit.

Reactions: saluno22
Not surprised at all we didn't come through there. Just like the Iowa game. Chance after chance after chance and can't come up with the big hit.
Also why you don't bat a .140 batter after a month from his last appearance in the 2 hole. Even Schlepp on the 2 hole would make more sense.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Top 9th

Byron Hood in to pitch. Leadoff walk for MSU. Chad Luensmann now in to pitch. SAC bunt moves the runner to 2nd. Next two batters K to end the frame

Bottom 9th

One out walk for Miller and Henwood comes in to pinch run for him. Luis Ks. Roskam Ks.

A disappointing loss for sure but nothing worth fretting about. Did we really expect 12 straight wins to end the year? Just win tomorrow and Sunday and we're still in good shape.

A disappointing loss for sure but nothing worth fretting about. Did we really expect 12 straight wins to end the year? Just win tomorrow and Sunday and we're still in good shape.
I didn't really expect us to sweep 3 straight series either, but this one is disappointing because we had plenty of chances and couldn't come through. Now we gotta win out.

Reactions: saluno22
So many runners left on base. That Miller baserunning error in the 2nd really put a damper on what could have been a bigger inning.

The team didn't have to sweep, but winning Friday means a lot less pressure. Now they HAVE to win 5 in a row, or else get a miraculous upset from Northwestern and/or whomever else to win the Big 10. And until it actually happens in the "post-Will Bolt Era", no reason to expect this team to make any noise in the conference tournament :|

True, but tomorrow's game is the one I had thought we would lose. Now we must win it to keep ahead of Maryland.

I think the play that irritated me the most was in the 2nd inning. MSU had a guy on 2nd and 3rd and they hit a shallow fly ball to center. Acker came up and just lobbed the ball to 2nd. I really think he had a chance at throwing the guy out at home that was scoring from 2nd. I understand that you dont want the runner to get to 2nd as well, but at some point you have to be aggressive and try getting that huge out and that inning was getting way out of control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT