ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Nebraska vs. Maryland (Huskers win 3-1)

Top 1st

Hohensee on the bump as usual. 2 out single past 3rd for Costes but the next guy flies out to CF to end the frame.

Eight pitch inning for Hohensee, seven in the zone. Not many pitches but Maryland got four hard hits on those eight. Good thing three of them found gloves.

Top 2nd

1 out walk for Maryland. Next batter Ks. Fly out to deep left field ends the frame.

Bottom 2nd

Two out infield single for Alvarado. Roskam grounds out to SS to end the inning

Top 3rd

One out HBP and a stolen base puts a runner on 2nd. Fly out to CF moves the runner to 3rd. Fly out to LF ends themini threat.

Bottom 3rd

Leadoff HBP for Wilkening. Schlepp with a poke past SS on the hot and run, Wilkening moves to 2nd. Mojo with the SAC bunt to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Altavilla with a SAC fly to LF to score Wilkening, Schlepp stays at 2nd. Meyers grounds out to SS to end the inning

Bottom 1st

One out single for Miller. Alvarado with a bunt single to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Roskam flies out to LF. Wilkening with a 2 RBI double to RF!!! Schlepp with a line out to CF to end the inning.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff walk for Mojo. Altavilla grounds Mojo out at 2nd but is safe at 1st on the FC. Meyers grounds into a 6-4-3 DP

Top 6th

Leadoff walk for Maryland. A line drive 4-3 DP!!! Great play by Altavilla and Miller to get the final out of the frame!!!

So on that double play, was the baserunner trying to play defensive back on the throw by sticking his hand up high? Because that seems like a really freaking stupid idea.

Im somewhat familiar with rules but thats a different one. On that double play where the baserunner threw his hand up, if the ball would have hit his hand, would he still have been out for interference since it was obvious what he was trying to do? Or if the ball hit him and deflected off would he have been safe?

Bottom 6th

Miller with a one out single up the middle. Alvarado grounds Miller out at 2nd but is safe on the FC. Roskam with a line drive single to left center, Alvarado moves to 2nd. AJ Johnson pinch runs for Roskam. Wilkening grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.

Im somewhat familiar with rules but thats a different one. On that double play where the baserunner threw his hand up, if the ball would have hit his hand, would he still have been out for interference since it was obvious what he was trying to do? Or if the ball hit him and deflected off would he have been safe?
I believe in college they just have to stay in the basepads but not 100% on the hand placement.

I believe in college they just have to stay in the basepads but not 100% on the hand placement.
arodcheats3.jpg

I assume the call would be similar to this play? Maybe, maybe not.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Hohensee going for putcher of the week honors. Nice job fella. I love seeing the fire after that last strikeout. Havent seen that for awile.

Bottom 7th

Leadoff single past SS for Schlepp but is thrown out trying to steal 2nd. Mojo pops out to SS. Altavilla Ks.

Top 9th

Leadoff hit for Maryland. Fly out to RF. Costes drills a pitch over Alvarado's head to put runners on 2nd and 3rd. Alvarado now in to pitch as Hohensee leaves with a standing ovation. Ben Klenke takes over in LF. RBI single to CF puts runners on the corners. Luis Ks the next batter! Line drive out to CF ends the game and gives the Huskers the win!

Reactions: saluno22
Minnesota/Rutgers entire weekend canceled (Minny home series) due to east coast weather canceling all flights. Rutgers can't make it to Minneapolis. This could have ramifications for B1G standings including final standings.

We play Minny this year at least so we can decide it on the field.

Northwestern looks like hot garbage again. Can't wait until the day they end their baseball program. They siglehandedly bring the conference RPI down every year, even by sweeping them.

That was Joba-esque.
I thought the same thing while I was watching.

This just had the feeling of a big Friday night game going back to the Big 12 days. Huge to get that first win and know we can win the series tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT