ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Nebraska vs. Illinois (Huskers lose 6-4)

Top 1st

Burkamper with the start. The first batter K's but the next batter walks. Next batter HBP. Another K for out #2. K to strikeout the side.

Bottom 1st

Bold K's. Placzek walks. Miller grounds out but Placzek heads to 2nd. Schreiber K's looking.

Top 2nd

Leadoff walk followed by another walk. Sac bunt advances the runners. Another walk to load the bases. Sac fly scores a run and advances another to 3rd. Another walk loads the bases again. Reece Eddins in to relieve Burkamper. Next guy walks and another runner scores. K ends the frame.

Top 3rd

Leadoff single. Fly out to LF. Line drive out to pitcher and the runner is caught off 1st for the double play.

Bottom 4th

Placzek with a leadoff walk. Miller K's. Schreiber lines out to LF. Meyers K's to end the inning.

Top 5th

Leadoff walk. Line out to CF. next batter K's. Ground out to SS to end the frame.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff double by Dilday! An attempt to throw out Dlday leads to SS dropping the ball and Dilday advances to 3rd on the error. Fish K's. Schlepp grounds out. Rev K's to end the inning.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff double by Dilday! An attempt to throw out Dlday leads to SS dropping the ball and Dilday advances to 3rd on the error. Fish K's. Schlepp grounds out. Rev K's to end the inning.

Nobody out, man on third....no runs.

Ok I may be jumping the gun but the moment our ball team plays someone with a pulse our bats seem to go cold.

Bottom 6th

Boldt with a leadoff walk then steals 2nd but advances to 3rd on an error then scores because the CF throws it into the Husker dugout. Placzek walks and steals 2nd. Miller walks after starting with an 0-2 count. Schreiber with an RBI single to RF!!! Meyers with a bunt single to load the bases! A pitching change as Alvardo comes to the plate as a pinch hitter with no outs. Luis with an RBI single past 2nd!!! Fish flies out to shallow CF, no tag at 3rd. Schlepp grounds out to 3rd, runners stay. Rev grounds out on close play at 1st.

Bottom 6th

Boldt with a leadoff walk then steals 2nd but advances to 3rd on an error then scores because the CF throws it into the Husker dugout. Placzek walks and steals 2nd. Miller walks after starting with an 0-2 count. Schreiber with an RBI single to RF!!! Meyers with a bunt single to load the bases! A pitching change as Alvardo comes to the plate as a pinch hitter with no outs. Luis with an RBI single past 2nd!!! Fish flies out to shallow CF, no tag at 3rd. Schlepp grounds out to 3rd, runners stay. Rev grounds out on close play at 1st.

In the name of God, throw a strike!!!!!

In the name of God, throw a strike!!!!!
17 walks a couple of weeks ago. 11 and counting and this game. What is going on?
We are lucky we are still in this game. We are doing everything we can to just hand the game to them on a silver platter.

Top 7th

Chesnut now in to pitch. Leadoff walk. Stolen base followed by another walk. Another walk loads the bases. Hit to the pitcher but a wild throw home scores two and puts runners on the corners. K for out #2. Sac fly to LF (Alvarado with a great play to save an extra base hit). Single to LF puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Chestnuts night is done as Palkert comes in to pitch. Fly out to CF ends that threat.

Bottom 7th

Boldt with a leadoff infield single! Placzek with a single to CF (1 hit and 3 walks today for Jake). Miller K's after a WP advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Pitching change for Illinois. Schreiber sac fly to RF, Boldt scores Placzek to 3rd. Meyers walks. Luis K's to end the inning.

17 walks a couple of weeks ago. 11 and counting and this game. What is going on?
We are lucky we are still in this game. We are doing everything we can to just hand the game to them on a silver platter.
Our veteran pitchers have to bailed out by the underclassmen once again.

Top 8th

Leadoff double to left center. Next batter walks. 6-4-3 DP! RBI single past the SS after the ump blew an easy strikeout call. Knutson in to pitch now. Ground out to 3rd ends the frame.

Bottom 8th

One out walk for Schlepp. Rev flies out to LF. Boldt lines out to CF.

Top 9th

Leadoff single. Sac bunt advances the runner to 2nd. Fly out to RF. Mike Waldron now in to pitch. Groundout to SS

Bottom 9th

Miller with a single past 2nd and Klemke in to punch run. Schreiber flies out to CF. Meyers reaches on an E6. Alvarado with a great single to LF but Klemke wanders too far off the bag and is tagged for the 3rd out.

Baserunning error-fitting way to end it. Did everything we could to lose this one, and were successful.

Reactions: saluno22
Bottom 9th

Miller with a single past 2nd and Klemke in to punch run. Schreiber flies out to CF. Meyers reaches on an E6. Alvarado with a great single to LF but Klemke wanders too far off the bag and is tagged for the 3rd out.

Gets caught off the bag and he isn't even the tying run?
This program will never get to the next level until they stop having mind-numbing plays/games like this . Literally just gave this game away.....

Tough one tonight. The ways things have been going we will probably shut them out tomorrow after not being able to throw a strike. Need to get the next two.

Gets caught off the bag and he isn't even the tying run?
This program will never get to the next level until they stop having mind-numbing plays/games like this . Literally just gave this game away.....

It was a freshman getting a little excited was all. Bonehead play unfortunately. Burkamper, Chesnut, and Silva lost this game IMO. Truthfully if we win the next two games then it'll make this loss moot, but that's a big if for now.

Bad day for our SOS. We've played 11 different opponents so far and, today, nine of them lost. Only LMU and Ind St won tonight.

You'd like to think the body of opponents would go at least 50/50 but when they do so poorly as today it wacks your SOS pretty good which then dings your RPI.

Before tonight we had RPI 26 and SOS 75. Now it's RPI 51 and SOS 97.

Not to worry, tho, b/c opponents record will over balance the other way and return to norm. And we just need to win tomorrow.

In another oddity from last night, we did our best hitting with runners in scoring position. We went 4/13 (.308) while batting just .235 overall. Even so we still left 11 on base. That game was all sorts of odd ball.

No big deal, we just need to wash it out of our hair and win the next two.

Reactions: OmahaSker
So, at this point in the season, I think its completely safe to say that this team will only go far as the pitching is able to throw strikes. The offense for once does don't worry me at all. Pitching worries me tremendously.

So, at this point in the season, I think its completely safe to say that this team will only go far as the pitching is able to throw strikes. The offense for once does don't worry me at all. Pitching worries me tremendously.

That will be the theme of the year I feel. I expect the younger guys to have up and down days but Chesnut and Burkamper are mysteries to me. Not having Howell out of the bullpen his year has really hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT