ADVERTISEMENT

Friday: Nebraska vs. Cal Poly (Huskers lose 3-2)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
May be late for updates today Peeps but I will do what I can. They didn't call to ask me if the game time change worked with my schedule! :mad: Smokin

Reactions: saluno22
One highlight in the Bottom of the 6th I was able to catch is Poly was able to get back to back singles but they were stranded on the bases to keep the game tied at 2-2.

Top 8: Runners on the corners with no outs for NU, came away empty. Inning-ending DP by Alvarado.

Still 2-2.

3-2 Cal Poly final. Walk-off single to left to win it, scoring run came from 2nd, Alvarado throw in time but off the mark.

Meyers was really jawing with the umpires on the way off the field, looked like Hagge went over to pull him away. Not sure what that was about.

Meyers should jaw at his teammates a little after stranding a runner at third with nobody out for what feels like the 40th time this season :mad: I think the ump's strike zone was a little unpredictable at times, possibly what he was venting about?

Meyers should jaw at his teammates a little after stranding a runner at third with nobody out for what feels like the 40th time this season :mad: I think the ump's strike zone was a little unpredictable at times, possibly what he was venting about?

You are what your record says you are: 10-10.
Just too many games like this over the years to think that anything is going to change. I still have no idea what kind of offensive we are supposed to have---power? speed? hit/run??? Looks like station to station by default. So much of baseball is random, but I'd love to know how the Huskers compare nationally with getting base runners thrown out and having runners stranded at 3rd base with less than one out. It feels like we'd be in the bottom 10th percentile, but that's a guess.

Tough times for Husker athletics (minus Volleyball, and some hope for FB)........

I had to leave before the 9th inning. Tells the state of things that I fully expected to come back and find out we had lost.

Unless there is a major turnaround in the consistency of play with this team, I dont see RPI even being considered due to lack of wins. Which is sad as I think many of us had high hopes for this season.

Does this team even consider using a squeeze in any situation? I get Miller and Alvarado hit fairly well and should be able to get a guy in from third with under two outs but damn man it's the 8th inning you are on the road and have wasted four lead off runners getting on and done nothing at the dish. Do ANYTHING to try and push the lead run across the plate. Bunt the damn ball and let Meyers speed work for you. It's coaching and mind set as much as it is ability. This team has not a clutch bone in their bodies and gags with the tiniest bit of pressure. Been holding my tongue and giving our coaching staff the benefit of the doubt for too long. Love DE's passion but the man will not get us there. Time for a change my friends, thank him for trying to learn on the job. Next man up.

Unless there is a major turnaround in the consistency of play with this team, I don't see RPI even being considered due to lack of wins. Which is sad as I think many of us had high hopes for this season.
Very high hopes. Lots of baseball left but 10-10 on this schedule is not what was expected. Very disappointing here in the early going.

You are what your record says you are: 10-10.
Just too many games like this over the years to think that anything is going to change. I still have no idea what kind of offensive we are supposed to have---power? speed? hit/run??? Looks like station to station by default. So much of baseball is random, but I'd love to know how the Huskers compare nationally with getting base runners thrown out and having runners stranded at 3rd base with less than one out. It feels like we'd be in the bottom 10th percentile, but that's a guess.

Tough times for Husker athletics (minus Volleyball, and some hope for FB)........
We are stuck with him unfortunately. Only hope is for a MLB team to come calling.

We are stuck with him unfortunately. Only hope is for a MLB team to come calling.
Yep. Either that or he decides on his own that he can't get it done. Zero chance he gets fired. I said it last year and I still believe it-making a regional last year may have done more harm than good. It was just enough to make people who don't follow the program closely think that Erstad is getting the job done, but going 0-2(and 1-4 total over two regional appearances) is not anything to be proud of. No conference regular season or tournament championships in a conference that many expected us to dominate. We are only marginally better than we were under Mike Anderson and that's not saying much.

Yep. Either that or he decides on his own that he can't get it done. Zero chance he gets fired. I said it last year and I still believe it-making a regional last year may have done more harm than good. It was just enough to make people who don't follow the program closely think that Erstad is getting the job done, but going 0-2(and 1-4 total over two regional appearances) is not anything to be proud of. No conference regular season or tournament championships in a conference that many expected us to dominate. We are only marginally better than we were under Mike Anderson and that's not saying much.
I'm not even sure we are marginally better. We would get our brains beat in playing a Big 12 schedule under Erstad. It would probably be as bad as Andersons last few years. The continued regression of our offense is pretty telling of Erstads recruiting ability.

Is it just me or does "big ben" seem to choke more often than not when he comes to the plate when something big needs to happen.

Is it just me or does "big ben" seem to choke more often than not when he comes to the plate when something big needs to happen.
I believe Cal Poly brought in the same pitcher (Shelton) in both game 1 and game 2 to face Miller in clutch situations. And both times, Miller was the only batter he faced.

Reactions: k9_r
Anything short of a big ten regular and/or conference tournament championship and I'm in for a coaching change.

Reactions: donahues17
Anything short of a big ten regular and/or conference tournament championship and I'm in for a coaching change.
DE should go over to the football offices and visit with Riley. He should ask Riles how to fix the dead weight problem on a coaching staff. Then he should go back to his office and follow the instructions.

DE should go over to the football offices and visit with Riley. He should ask Riles how to fix the dead weight problem on a coaching staff. Then he should go back to his office and follow the instructions.

It would be hard to fire himself.

Would be great to get Will Bolt here, but I'm not sure Nebraska Head Coach > Texas A&M Associate Head Coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT