ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, May 31st Nebraska vs. Florida (Huskers lose 5-2)

Sears has done well to only give up 1 run so far but 40 pitches after 2 innings (most of them high stress) isn’t great. Hopefully better from here on.

Need to get Florida’s starter out of the game at any cost. Zero leadoff hitters have reached.

What is Riley Silva’s average when trying to bunt for a hit? It’s gotta be around .100. I don’t know why he hasn’t been coached to stop trying it.

I thought NU pitching would be good enough to win today. It probably was. Florida can really swing it and holding them to 5 runs is solid. I was concerned if we could score enough. And we couldn’t. Didn’t get the key hits in the big moments with runners on. But there also weren’t enough runners. Not one Husker led off an inning by getting on base. 0-for-9. That has to be the only time all year that’s happened.

Came out looking like little leaguers at the plate again. Not to say Florida has bad pitching, but the dude's ERA wasn't all that great, either. Made him look like Don Drysdale or some shit.

Came out looking like little leaguers at the plate again. Not to say Florida has bad pitching, but the dude's ERA wasn't all that great, either. Made him look like Don Drysdale or some shit.
His season ERA isn’t anything spectacular but check out his last few starts of the season. Several top-level teams and he pretty much handcuffed them all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT