ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, May 21st: Nebraska at Indiana - (Huskers win 8-5)

Is this Indiana’s regular Friday guy? His numbers don’t seem that great for an ace of the best staff in the league.

Top 1st

1-2-3 for the Huskers

Bottom 1st

Povich on the mound.
Leadoff single to Left CF for Indiana but a couple fly out and a pickoff get Povich out of the inning.

0-0

Is this Indiana’s regular Friday guy? His numbers don’t seem that great for an ace of the best staff in the league.
I believe they messed up the rotation a couple weeks back in a pod when they started their Friday guy on a Sunday and now they are stuck on that rotation.

I believe they messed up the rotation a couple weeks back in a pod when they started their Friday guy on a Sunday and now they are stuck on that rotation.
I'm not arguing with you, but it's pretty messed up if they couldn't fix their rotation when there aren't any non-conference games to deal with.

Top 2nd

Leadoff walk for Roskam
Infield single for Anderson
Foster K’s
Banjoff walks the bases loaded
Matthews with a 3 RBI double down the LF line!!!
Everitt with an RBI double to make it 4-0!!!
Acker grounds out to SS and Everitt advances to 3rd on the play
Hallmark K’s

Bottom 2nd

A one out homer puts Indiana on the board
The batter singles to left center
The next batter gets on with a HBP
The next batter pops up to SS
An RBI single scores another
Another RBI single to RF and the throw to 3rd puts runners in 2nd and 3rd
K stops the bleeding

4-3 Huskers

I'm not arguing with you, but it's pretty messed up if they couldn't fix their rotation when there aren't any non-conference games to deal with.
Yeah it’s a very weird deal that didn’t make sense to me either. Also why it is important to get the win tonight since we don’t have favorable pitching matchups the rest of the weekend.

Sommer been their Friday guy since week two.

Top 3rd

Roskam with a one out walk on four pitches.
Anderson with a 2 RBI homer to left centerfield!!!
Pitching change for Indiana
Foster and Banjoff K

Bottom 3rd

Lead off single for Indiana
Next batter flies out to RF
The next batter grounds out to 1st but the runner does advance to 2nd on the play
A groundout to 3rd and the inning

6-3 Huskers

Top 4th

Leadoff single for Matthews
Everitt gets called out in batter interference
Matthews takes 2nd on an E1 pickoff attempt
Acker with an RBI double to RF!!!
Hallmark flies out to RF but Acker advances to 3rd on the tag
Schwellenbach walks
Roskam with a hard groundout at 1st to end the top half

Bottom 4th

One out double for Indiana
A 1-6-3 groundout off Povich’s leg for the 2nd out, runner does advance to 3rd on the play
RBI single through the left side
A great sliding snag by Banjoff in LF for the final out

7-4 Huskers

Top 5th

Leadoff single for Anderson (They called it an error but it was a hit so I’m sticking with that)
Foster grounds Anderson out at 2nd but is safe on the FC at 1st
Banjoff K’s
Matthews K’s

Bottom 5th

1-2-3 for Koty Frank

7-4 Huskers

Top 6th

Two out walk for Hallmark
Schwellenbach grounds out to 3rd

Bottom 6th

Leadoff singles put runners on the corners
The next batter pops out to 1st
The next batter K’s
Groundout to 3rd ends the inning!

7-4

Top 7th

1-2-3 for Nebraska

Bottom 7th

Bunz in to pitch and gives up a two out walk
The next batter with a liner to LF but Banjoff misses the diving catch to give up the RBI triple.
A fly out does end the inning

7-5 Skers

Top 8th

Chick in to pinch hit for Banjoff and he gets a leadoff walk
Matthews K’s
Everitt with an infield single to 1st
Acker pops out to 2nd
Hallmark K’s

Bottom 8th

Bunz strikes out the side to end the 8th!!!

7-5

Top 9th

Leadoff homer for Schwellenbach!!!
Roskam K’s
Anderson also K’s
Foster grounds out

Bottom 9th

Schwellenbach now in to close up the game and he sets them down 1-2-3 to give the Huskers the 8-5 winner!!!

Top of the lineup was up and down but that’s why it’s nice to have talent in the middle and end of the lineup. Povich didn’t have his best stuff but Frank and Bunz helped bridge that gap to Schwellenbach to close out the win. I’ll take it. We will have a pitching disadvantage here on out to finish this pod.

Reactions: Wyldcard
But that being said, let's freaking go. The title is right there in front of us

We go 3-1 in the pod and 2 of 3 from Michigan. Won't matter, Michigan and Indiana are fighting for 2nd place runner up. Maryland more than likely will take 2 of 3 from Indiana next weekend at College Park. We have total control over the ending as Michigan and Indiana don't have any control over it. There isn't a team in this conferfence that is anywhere in our league. You think we're good this year? Just wait till next year, might just make this year look like childs play.

Outstanding outing by Koty Frank to settle Indiana's bats. Big performance for 2 innings to allow our back-end to finish it off. I feel for Povich, it seemed like Indiana was all over his FB when they weren't 2 weeks ago and coach Christy didnt adjust. It looked like his CB & CH were on & for whatever reason we kept on going back to his FB. But coach did with Bunz, not sure I've seen that many secondary pitches from Bunz.

Gonna need Hallmark down the stretch. He's in a serious funk. Awesome to see Brice getting after it, Max continuing his hot streak & Griff get that double early. Luke has really settled since the Iowa series, what a season he's had. His change with patience is the most notable difference.

Two big calls against Schwelly & Griff. This conference has some of the most horseshit umpires. They're worse than Omaha metro umpires during the spring high school season.

On to game 1 Saturday!

We played that game like a boss. Like the boss. At no time were we sucking air. Got the lead, never gave it up. The bullpen... five innings, 1 run, 1 walk, 8 strike outs. Damn! Two home runs, eh? No errors, of course.

Bigtime win. A win like a conference leader wins. Wait... we are a conference leader. Boom!

We played that game like a boss. Like the boss. At no time were we sucking air. Got the lead, never gave it up. The bullpen... five innings, 1 run, 1 walk, 8 strike outs. Damn! Two home runs, eh? No errors, of course.

Bigtime win. A win like a conference leader wins. Wait... we are a conference leader. Boom!
We will sweep them tomorrow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT