ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, June 4th: Nebraska vs. Northeastern - (Huskers win 8-6)

We are not very focused. Hopefully Bolt wakes them up in the dugout before this next at bat. This is a good team but they aren’t good enough to be up 4-0 already.

Yeah. We need to win this game and he isn’t the guy to do it today unfortunately. Hopefully our bats figure something out. We can easily score 4 if we just swing at strikes instead of watching them go by.

This is fun again. As my grandpa always said, “when you start to hate the game of baseball just wait an inning and you’ll be reminded why you love it so much.”

Reactions: saluno22
That's what I'm listening to, just sounds like they overturned the interference on Matthews for some strange reason. Definitely looked like he leaned over the plate.
Hard to call interference when it doesn’t impede the throw is my guess.

Reactions: k9_r
Well it's a W. Not sure if northeastern better than I thought although the in the know guys were calling them the new Stony Brook or we melted. Povich was definitely off which was the difference in my mind

Northeastern is good, but Nebraska didn't need to hand them free bases left and right. But getting Ws in postseason play is all that matters. May not be ready for prime time yet, but getting used to these moments is part of the process.

Wow, what a ball game. Koty Frank, absolutely nails!!!! He ran out of gas but wow, what an incredible performance! If Povich comes back I hope he never wins B1G pitcher of the week again. All 3 times this year, the following start was garbage.

Offensively, we looked confused to begin then BAM the Big Red Machine took over. Mojo 2 hits, Bryce was cool as a cucumber, Hallmark, so on and so on. A lot of team at-bats tonight, unselfish as it gets. Harvell calling that hit n run after a fake bunt/steal was awesome. NE had no clue what hit them at that moment.

On to Saturday. GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT