ADVERTISEMENT

Friday April 2nd: Nebraska at Illinois - (Huskers win 8-6)

WHAT??? What did I just read?

"The high-scoring series featured 22 combined home runs, including 14 during game two."

Northwestern and Illinois banged 14 home runs in last Saturday's game? Yep, I went to the stats and, sure enough, Illinois had five and NW had nine. Damn!

WHAT??? What did I just read?

"The high-scoring series featured 22 combined home runs, including 14 during game two."

Northwestern and Illinois banged 14 home runs in last Saturday's game? Yep, I went to the stats and, sure enough, Illinois had five and NW had nine. Damn!
I believe Northwestern broke the record for home runs in a game at Illinois’ home field.

Leaving way too many runners on base. Huskers lead 2-0. Heading to bottom of 5th.

Illinois plates 4 runs in the 6th (3 unearned). Huskers trail 4-2 after 6. Need to get one back here.

Last edited:
Illinois leads 6-5 after 7. Let’s answer here boys!

defense is a little off tonight. Think it’s our first night game so understandable.

It was kind of a Maalox Moment kind of game but it's a win! And get this: A MEN'S ATHLETIC TEAM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA IS IN SOLE POSSESSION OF FIRST PLACE!!!

Wins like tonight need to happen to finish top 3 in the conference, but this was a lost opportunity from a limitation standpoint. Should've buried them early and saved the bullpen for the next two games. Little concerned with Bragg being our top Friday reliever, but boy did Bunz shut the door! And SS, goodness that's electric. Looked like Povich only had his FB & CB, as his slider and change-up were not what we're use to.

Loved the squeeze call by Harvell, absolutely a ballsy call.

Wins like tonight need to happen to finish top 3 in the conference, but this was a lost opportunity from a limitation standpoint. Should've buried them early and saved the bullpen for the next two games. Little concerned with Bragg being our top Friday reliever, but boy did Bunz shut the door! And SS, goodness that's electric. Looked like Povich only had his FB & CB, as his slider and change-up were not what we're use to.

Loved the squeeze call by Harvell, absolutely a ballsy call.
I do think Illinois' bullpen is in more trouble than ours. They used five pitchers today and their entire staff is suffering from notgooditis. They don't exactly stink but.... uh, yeah they do.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Wasn’t the best performance but we won. That’s the key. We have won looking good and won looking bad. I’ll easily take something in between any day of the week.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT